Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: I have just started to get into JM scents. She has all so...

Hi @laurakristie,

I'm like you! I just started to get into JM scents as well. I've always had JM candles, but I never really branched out to the fragrance options until recently. My newest fragrance purchase was the JM Tropical Cherimoya Cologne. I'm a floral type of gal, so this was calling my name. I bought the 1 oz to see how I'd like it. So far, so good. I'm loving the fruity floral scent! Also, I can't lie, the color of the bottle - SO CUTE (imo). 🙂

https://www.sephora.com/product/tropical-cherimoya-cologne-P431711?skuId=2058931&icid2=jo_malone_lon...

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

Hi IciclePop - I think you will love Nectarine Blossom -...

Hi IciclePop - I think you will love Nectarine Blossom - it's a beautiful scent perfect for summer! One of my favorite Jo Malone scents that I have tried. Do you have any favorite Jo Malone scents?

Re: Hi IciclePop - I think you will love Nectarine Blossom -...

@laurakristie I don't know any other Jo Malone scents.  Are they all summery like this one?  I'm actually kind of regretting wearing this one today, because it smells like sunshine and it's all gray and rainy out.  I feel like I should have worn something more cozy.  

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Mom Guerlain for me today.  Warm and sweet, similar to YSL Black Opium, but with more of a tobacco note (vs coffee for ysl).

I'm pretending it's fall amidst a week of brutal humidity 😥

@RachFace2921@RachFace2921, I feel you! Sometimes I wear summer scents in the dead of winter just because it reminds me of warmer times 🙂

Yes! I have a decade old bottle of Dior Addict II that I bust out every March when I just want to pretend it's June @pocketvenus

Today's SOTD is Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert by Bvlgari

I've not tried this Bvlgari, but recently discovered the Blanc, which is fantastic.  Nicely gender neutral, and not overpowering @Vmaster

@RachFace2921 From what I have read, Au The Vert is Bvlga...

@RachFace2921From what I have read, au The Vert is Bvlgari's very first fragrance. It is a Citrus Aromatic. au The Blanc is a Floral Woody Musk. You have good taste in fragrances.

Re: @RachFace2921 From what I have read, Au The Vert is Bvlga...

I'll see if I can get a sample of the Vert. I do love classic scents. 

And, same to you re: good taste!  I saw your Twilly post earlier in the week.  Another fav of mine @Vmaster

Re: @RachFace2921 From what I have read, Au The Vert is Bvlga...

@RachFace2921 Thank you! Twilly is a newer acquisition of mine. A really nice fragrance!

Today the weather is miserable so I'm staying inside and wearing Piguet's Bandit, an unsentimental leather chypre that is said to have been Marlene Dietrich's signature scent

marlene-dietrich-11.nocrop.w1800.h1330.2x-832x1024

Friday at last!

Silver Mountain Water by Creed 

@Vmaster, a great one for this time of year 🙂

Happy Thursday! Today I am wearing pure oud oil. Oud Yusuf oud oil by Ensar Oud. Oud Yusuf is one the most easiest to wear ouds. It is a Cambodi (from trees in Cambodia) oud that smells of non-sweet dried fruit. Gorgeous!

@Vmaster, very cool, I've never smelled pure oud oil! Does it last very long? The closest I think I have gotten to the stuff is maybe Roja Dove's ouds. They were very pungent, full and deep. I was also told that some Saudi customers at Holts commented that Kilian's Pure Oud smelled like "the cheap stuff" ha ha. I have a sample of that and I like it 🙂

Sadly even the Kilian oud is synthetic. The only mainstre...

Even the Kilian oud is synthetic. The only mainstream perfumer (I know of) that uses real oud is Tauer, who uses Laotian oud, and Areej leDoré, whose owner also owns the oud distillery Feel Oud. But it does not matter. What matters is that you enjoy the fragrance, whether it is synthetic or not. Houses that use the real stuff will make an effort to let the consumer know that it is real. As far as longevity, it lasts a very long time (12-18 hours). It has low projection but enourmous sillage in motion. I swiped it on my wrist 8 hours ago and I can still clearly smell it.

Re: Sadly even the Kilian oud is synthetic. The only mainstre...

@Vmaster, yes, I believe all the Kilians are synthetic oud accords and of what I've read from people who have smelled read oud, Pure Oud is thin and simple in comparison, hence it's "cheapness." I prefer to call it "austere" 😄

I'm wearing Philosophy Amazing Grace, but I'm not a big fan of the perfume.  The scent is fine, not my favorite but pretty inoffensive.  Problem is that I have to load the perfume on to be able to smell it at all, and even then, I can only smell it if I lift my wrist up to my nose.  Last weekend I put a bunch on, climbed in the car with my husband, and asked if he could smell my perfume, and he said no.  When you can't smell even a hint of the perfume in a place as enclosed as a small car, that's a problem.

From their product page: Philosophy’s bestselling, amazingly clean, and beautifully feminine scent features notes of welcoming bergamot to greet the senses, irresistibly soft, clean muguet blossoms, and lasting musk with its classic beauty.

Today I'm wearing Citadelle by Raw Spirit. It's a very sharp lemon in the beginning, but settles down to a lovely warm, woodsy, almost creamy citrus as it wears on. It's actually quite close to what I would have imagined Neroli Portofino to be if that hadn't turned into a biting hospital disinfectant scent on me. 

From Raw Spirit's site:

Inspired by the Citadelle Laferrière, the awe-inspiring mountaintop fortress in northern Haiti, symbolizes strength and celebrates the spirit of the Haitian people.

A modern interpretation of a classic vetiver fragrance, blending premium Haitian vetiver, marigold, pear, bergamot, lemon, cinnamon, nutmeg, amberwood, musk and cedarwood.

Wednesday's SOTD Icon by Dunhill    

375x500.29229.jpg

2 Replies
testing