Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Tom Ford Noir de Noir. Hopefully the awesome scent ease my pain of dealing with my new manager at work lol 😂 

@blackkitty2014, I hope that relationship smooths out soon! NdN is a nice one 🙂

I picked up the Raw Spirit sampler at Ulta with my 20% and have been through all of the scents once. Out of the 8, I was able to pick a least favorite, but even so, I still kinda like that one. I've found a house I love!Screenshot_20180717-232307.png

I'm working on going back through all of them now to try and pick a favorite or two, but it's gonna be tough. Even though the scents are all different, they've all seemingly got a warm, spicy, sultry undertone to them that I love so very much. Even the florals are good, and I usually avoid most florals. Today's selection is Wild Fire.Screenshot_20180717-232955.png

I'd call this one a rich cedar campfire; I don't notice the floral notes much at all.🔥

I've not heard of this house before, but these sound great.  I have a good selection of florals, but most of my go-to scents lean warm / sweet.  Thanks for posting, I'll have to explore these @RGbrown

This sounds great, @RGbrown! I love ylang-ylang in scents!

@RGbrown, that sounds fantastic and like it would be great for the fall too

I've been on a summer fragrance bender the last couple of weeks... Beach Walk, Soleil Blanc, and Neroli Portofino in heavy rotation. 

The neroli notes trigger some strong Florida vibes too, kind of fun when it's 90F outside 🌴

Yay, more summer Neroli Portofino love! I need to try Soleil Blanc soon, I've had my eye on it as well.

Bvlgari Man Extreme by Bvlgari

@Vmaster, you have so many Bvlgaris!! Can I ask: which is your all time favourite Bvlgari fragrance?

@pocketvenus My all time favorite Bvlgari?

Gyan 

o.43631

Wow, @Vmaster, I don't recognize that one! I'm going to see if my nearby dept stores carry it and give it a try. Oh, and btw, I had a chance to try Jubilation XXV, I quite liked it 🙂

@pocketvenus I am happy you enjoyed Amouage's Jubilation XXV! Gyan is a non-hippie Patchouli, Incense and Sweet Jasmine Sambac. (The Best!) The Le Gemme line is Bvlgari's exclusive line for men.

Just in case anyone reading this does not understand what I mean, many perfume houses have their normal fragrances and then they have their exclusive "top shelf" fragrances that not only sell for a lot more but are normally only available in one of their own boutiques or on their own website.

For instance Chanel has their Les Exclusifs de Chanel line, Dior has their La Collection Privée line, Cartier has their Les Heures line, and even Lalique, the makers of that $30 bottle of Encre Noir, have their Noir Premier Collection which runs $300 a bottle. The only house (I know of) that is an exception to that practice, is Givenchy, which sells their L’Atelier de Givenchy line here on Sephora (I used to own three of their bottles but now I own two).

That all being said, you can only get Le Gemme in one of Bvlgari's boutiques or on their website. You could probably email them and request samples but don't be surprised if they only want to sell the samples to you (some houses are like that). 

Sorry for such a wordy post, but please let me know if you have any questions.

@Vmaster, please don't apologize for a lengthy post, it's very informative! I didn't realize Lalique had an exclusive line.

I think there is a Bvlgari boutique in Toronto but it is way uptown. Maybe I can pop in there on one of my trips up for good Chinese food!

It’s a really hot sunny day so I’m wearing Replica Beach Walk. I love the notes of cedarwood and coconut milk that are dominant, with subtle hints of lemon and bergamot, it makes for the perfect summer scent. B060C6EF-4EC3-4563-B98D-915E95E63E74.jpeg

It's Monday. Twilly d'Hermès by Hermès

Happy Friday! Today I am wearing Gentleman Secret by Arabian Oud. The best way to describe this is Egoiste Platinum on steroids.

8qhqpfR.jpg

Since we've been getting some sun in the Bay Area this week, I've been alternating between Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino and Commodity's Nectar. I think it's the neroli that make both of these feel like summer to me, and I always tend to wear them on nice, bright, sunny days. Also, my husband (who usually doesn't notice my fragrance choices) mentioned that I smelled nice when I put on Neroli Portofino this morning, so that's a plus! 🙂

@StephanieBT, I need to try on Neroli Portofino soon!

Today I am wearing: L'Homme de Coeur by Divine. The name translates to The Man of Heart. Have a great rest of your day!

Pinrose Secret Genius for today. I'm in love with the easiness of the scent. It melted into me. Most likely my new #summerscent ♡

testing