Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Today, I am wearing Dahn Oud Ateeque by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi. The 90 ml bottle sits on a weighted pewter base. This is my second favorite (real) oud fragrance - the first being Oud Zen by Areej le Doré. I wish more houses used real oud instead of that synthetic stuff.

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Lovely bottle 

Wow.  That is a beautiful bottle, and I like the scent of oud, too!  I haven't even smelled the perfume, and I'm lusting after it from over here anyways!

@IciclePop- This EdP starts off as a slightly tart wood and slowly turns into a slightly sweet, dry fruit wood as it dries down. From what I understand, Cambodi oud is used but is most likely an oud blend. Definitely unisex.

That's a beautifully ornate bottle @Vmaster! I'm guessing for many houses, real oud is not commercially viable. It's not an easy note for N. Americans at least.

Thank you @pocketvenus! Yes, at $250 to $10,000 for 3ml o...

Thank you @pocketvenus! Yes, at $250 to $10,000 retail price for 3ml of oud oil, probably not. Of all the various ouds, Cambodi would be the easiest one for Western consumers to enjoy due to its boozy dried fruit accord, and from what I have seen it is also one of the affordable ouds.

Re: Thank you @pocketvenus! Yes, at $250 to $10,000 for 3ml o...

@Vmaster- the bestselling oud fragrances it seems are those that really downplay oud 😛 May I ask what your favourite oud fragrances are? I love Dusita's but I cannot subject others to it in public so I just enjoy it privately.

@pocketvenus I have not had a chance to check out Oudh Infini by Dusita but I do love the stinky Laotian and Hindi ouds.

Here is a short list of EdP and Extraits that I love:  Oud Zen, Russian Oud and Ottoman Empire by Areej le Dore. Arabian Legend by Arabian Oud, Dahn Oud Ateeque, Safari Extreme and Khashab Al-Oud Heritage by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi. Faquat Lil Rijal by Rasasi. Jubilation XXV by Amouage. 

Edit: Fixed by removing weird HTML tags in my post.

I quite like the women's version of Jubilation and I've read good things about Areej le Dore but haven't heard of the others so thanks for sharing @Vmaster! Glad you sorted the formatting out

Weird, I listed various fragrances but all I see is a blank reply - even after whittling the list down to eight names. Not sure if I am being censored, since only three on the longer list were/are available on Sephora.

@Vmaster

You aren't being censored; I can see your reply. I've never seen one like it though...instead of the normal text format, it's all in one line, and I have to scroll right to see it. Not sure why the formatting went so haywire, but it is there ☺️Screenshot_20180606-211123.png

@RGbrown Huh, I just typed my reply as I normally would. Thanks for letting me know!

I first tried Malle's Music for a While back in late March or early April? A Malle SA was kind enough to let me skin-test it before the release while the weather was still chilly; I thought it was interesting and well balanced but didn’t think about it more until now. Today, the temperature in Toronto's gone over 30*C - I’m wearing it and finding it much better in the summer.

frederic-malle-music-for-a-while-wk07-1280w.jpg

MFAW opens with a bright burst of juicy pineapple which feels refreshing in this sultry, humid weather, but not by resorting to a predictable citrus note. Some people seem to perceive lavender stronger at first with the pineapple emerging after, but for me, the pineapple is dominant with lavender becoming more detectable later. The lavender gives the fruit some edge while smoky patchouli lends the fragrance depth and acts as a bridge between the two notes. I'm not a fruity fragrance person though, so I don't think I'll get it. It's a more outgoing fragrance though for a house that leans towards the composed and stately.

Wearing My Burberry blush.  Love this scent.  Also like their My Burberry Black scent for evening.   Next favorite is Michael Kors sexy ruby  

frederick-malle-bois-dorage

Today it's going to be a stormy day so I'm wearing Malle's Bois d'Orage (French Lover). It opens with an electrifying pepper and brisk angelica paired with an earthy and vegetal depth. Imagine a woman who has slept in on a weekend at her lover's condo. The bedroom is minimalist and chock full of tropical plants. Her normally severe haircut is a little tousled and she's donning her man's crisp white shirt. She's reading the New York Times in bed while he takes a shower. From time to time she takes bites from a slice of toast, getting crumbs in his 1000 count sheets. She doesn't give a d*mn.

I am a guy and have been collecting for a long while now. I currently own 106 fragrances. They consist of Eau de Toilettes, Eau de Parfums, Extrait de Parfums, and Attars (oil blends that are applied with a wand). I don't own any Eau de Colognes or decants. Today I am wearing: Patchouli by Réminiscence I am looking forward to trying the new Gucci Guilty Oud. It looks amazing! Contains: Oud note, Blackberry, and Golden Wood.

welllll, until it warms up...

Tom Ford Black Orchid with a bit of TokyoMilk Dark Tainted Love (keeps it casual).

Going to try out the Commodity Vetiver and see how that works for Summer...I'm really over Tom Ford Vetiver (which I believe was meant to be a niche scent) and my Givenchy Vetiver. Vetiver is tricky stuff!!!

Looks like this is just what everyone is rocking but hey, earthy, sensual, yet casual Summer scent suggestions???

My fav vetiver is from Atelier. It is heaven! I finished a 30 ml bottle in 3 weeks. I wanted to shower in it 🙂

I love vetiver @ignarly! If you'd like something lovely and classic, try the Guerlain's Vetiver which is just as versatile as Ford's. For something really bright and modern, there's Frederic Malle's Vetiver Extraordinaire - it's a little harder to pull off though. [edit: I see you meant you're sick of the Guerlain! OK, try the Malle then :D]

Earthy, sensual, casual for the summer? Maybe CdG's Kyoto which is an incense but is not heavy or smoky. I'll post more if I can think of any.

lol i had totally forgotten about my Guerlain Vetiver when I posted this. I was hyper and posted about it in another thread.

YOU SO GET ME @pocketvenus

@ignarly- The Ford and the Guerlain are two of the best all-around vetivers in my opinion 🙂 But I totally empathize with wanting something new.

I just remembered another one I tried recently that you might like - DS & Durga's Cowboy Grass. By grass, it is talking about vetiver. It's earthier than the Malle and half the price.

Sensual, earthy and casual... Not sure what you mean by earthy but some suggestions:

- Le Labo's Santal 33. It doesn't work for me but it's very popular. A little leathery at first. Wears easily.

- Byredo's Seven Veils. One of its overlooked scents - it's an oriental with a hit of earthy, rooty carrot. It's unusual though and heavier than the scents you've mentioned so I wouldn't blind buy.

- L'Artisan Parfumeur makes a sheer amber one that's rather pretty but I've forgotten the name. It has the word Amber in it. An easy, breezy wear.

- Frederic Malle's Bois d'Orage/French Lover is a gorgeous scent with a good slug of galbanum. Leans masculine. It's maybe a bit too chic for "casual" but I suppose it depends on what you define as casual. It's definitely not sweats and yoga pants casual.

testing