Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

EDIT: lolol Givenchy Vetiver...I meant Guerlain. I just woke up from a nap 

@ignarlywrote:

welllll, until it warms up...

Tom Ford Black Orchid with a bit of TokyoMilk Dark Tainted Love (keeps it casual).

Going to try out the Commodity Vetiver and see how that works for Summer...I'm really over Tom Ford Vetiver (which I believe was meant to be a niche scent) and my Givenchy Vetiver. Vetiver is tricky stuff!!!

Looks like this is just what everyone is rocking but hey, earthy, sensual, yet casual Summer scent suggestions???

blog_large_322

Wearing Lothair by Penhaligon's. I didn't realize this was by Bertrand Duchaufour, the nose behind fragrances I love like CdG's Kyoto, L'Artisan P's Timbuktu, etc. To be honest, I’ve tried this before and didn’t think much of it the first few times I wore it, but I was feeling like something light and Penhaligon’s-like with the warmer weather.

The opening is very fresh and hespiridic like a cologne but it immediately shifts and to a more complex woody/spicy profile. As it dries down, it becomes unexpectedly creamy, which I think is the “fig milk” note and the vanilla. Unfortunately, as the scent develops on my skin, the sweet vanilla becomes more dominant, rendering the scent less interesting to me as I’m not a vanilla fan. It’s still rather unique though. After a couple hours, the vanilla loses its potency and one is left with a pleasant, milky tea.

Wearing Luten's La Fille de Berlin today since writing about it reminded me of how lovely it is. It made getting up this gloomy, rainy day seem less daunting.

https://www.sephora.com/product/la-fille-de-berlin-P394668?skuId=2003135&icid2=products%20grid:p3946...

Hi guys!

I love fresh and floral scents and today I'm wearing a fragrance that I've never worn before. I'm wearing one spray of the Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne. Wow, I'm in love! It smells so soft and fresh, I love the sage in it! This cologne is very different from most fragrances that I own and I'm happy I tried something new. (I'm guilty of re-buying fragrances that I've had for a long time and finished). 

Also, I'm wearing a white long sleeve shirt that I got fresh out the dryer this morning and the cologne compliments my fresh laundry smell so well. You can find it here > https://www.sephora.com/product/wood-sage-sea-salt-cologne-P417179. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

I've never tried Jo Malone...

I am all about niche and unisex scents - my 'signature' right now isn't much niche lol but it's TF Black Orchid with a hint of TokyoMilk Dark Tainted Love as the weather warms up.

Sandalwood, all that good earthy stuff works really well for me.

I don't know if that helps buuuut I would love to know if you like this for warmer days and how it wears!

xx

This is the first Jo Malone cologne I had smelled and it immediately drew me in.  I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Hi @modernwarpaint,

Thank you! I love it, I have a deluxe sample, but I'm definitely going to purchase the full size. I have several of candles from Jo Malone, but this will be my first cologne from the brand. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

Today I'm wearing Etat Libre's Eau de Protection. It's a rich, spicy rose, with a mysterious and moody vibe that reminds me a little of Luten's La Fille de Berlin although they smell quite different. They're both dramatic but Berlin is prettier and more floral to my nose, whereas Protection is fleshier, riper and more demanding.

https://www.sephora.com/product/eau-de-protection-rossy-de-palma-P400231?skuId=1757970&icid2=product...

Dame Perfumery's Black Flower Mexican Vanilla came in the mail yesterday.  Jeffrey Dame was generous - I ordered the 5mL of BFMV for $10.00 - he included 7 nice samples, all packaged beautifully, with cardstock and paper.  I am wearing Black Flower Mexican Vanilla today.  It's described as "a blend of vanilla absolute with touches of lemon, grapefruit, caramel, nutmeg, gardenia, jasmine, sandalwood, patchouli, vetiver, musk and tonka.  For a woman or a man."  Immediately off the top, the citrus notes hit you, but it's so ephemeral, gone in about 10 seconds.  Then florals reign supreme... definitely floral, moreso than I had wanted, but a powdery floral with hints of patchouli, sandalwood, and musk.  I can't distinctly detect the nutmeg or vetiver - but at the dry down stage, it sweetens up just enough that the caramel and Tonka give off a cocoa vibe.  The powdery floral residue is still apparent, but has drastically diminished.  Projection is moderate, and I've only been wearing it for 3 hours, and it's still there but at a skin scent level. 

My immediate first impression was, "this smells like a one of those stores that sell wooden objects made from around the world, stones, shells, and Nag Champa incense." 

Overall, impressed by Dame's packaging, marketing, and generousity.  The product itself is more floral than I expected - I'm not a fan of powdery florals.  The drydown is the best part of this IMO, and I can see this as unisex.  It may be a fragrance that will require multiple uses to get me on the wagon, but for now I will be using my 5mL, and do not plan to get a full bottle.   More to come on his other products:  New Musk Oil, Earth Mother EDP, Herb Cologne, Soliflore, Facial Cream, Peach Blossom, Violet, and Vanilla EDT.

I am on the hunt for a gourmand fragrance.  I do not have any gourmands in my collection, surprisingly.  Yesterday, I wore Juicy Couture's Magestic Woods.  It is different for JC, but not fully off the wagon.  Immediately, I smelled the sweetness of the praline and smoky woods.  The combination smelled like if you were eating a freshly baked apple pie in the forest around a campfire.  The amber and tonka are underlying, with the woods at the heart of the fragrance.  At times I sense tobacco pipe, with a spicy cinnamon, and flaky crust.  I am on the fence - part of me likes the mixture of sweet, spicy, and woody, but I know I would never want to smell like this on a daily basis.  This will be a pass for me now.  I see this more of a fall/winter scent, and it could lean a bit masculine.

I wore daisy this morning now I’m going to add book and bamboo. The daisy smell fresh and clean in its base, just perfect to add some fresh white flowers and oak moss.

I was heading out the door this morning when I realized I'd forgotten perfume. Good thing I have a few travel sprays in a basket in my entryway. I reached in the basket and pulled out Commodity Tea. 

It's one of those fragrances that I don't care for when I first spray it on, but after half an hour or so, I weirdly love the scent. The notes are honey, Egyptian basil, tobacco, and oolong tea. I think it's the basil that I don't like at first, but when dried down, I love the light, fresh, slightly smoky tea aroma. 

I find that a lot of commodity fragrances smell better after the dry down.

I wanted to try Byredo’s Biblioteque today but it smelled a little too fruity/sweet for my taste so I opted for Baudelaire. It’s a nice opening and an easy wear that reads masculine, very close in style to the more popular scents like Bal d’Afrique, etc. The opening has a gentle spice warmed with amber and in the dry down, a bit of tactile leather emerges, paired with incense, neither of which are obtrusive. While it’s more gritty than the more popular Byredos, this is not a particularly exciting scent. Byredo is one of the more inconsistent houses out there. Some fragrances really push the envelope (Pulp, Seven Veils) while others are quite mainstream. You really have to try these on first, you never know which kind you’ll get!

Yesterday, I wore Mona di Orio's Cuir which opens with a toasted nutty note that reminds me of the opening of TF's Tuscan Leather. Cuir is a more wily and subtle creature though. Spices intermingle with the distinct smoky burn of cade which di Orio manages to make feel smooth and chic.

Today it's L'Artisan Parfumeur's Timbuktu - a compelling fragrance. A smoky-woody incense laden with spice that manages to be both rich and infused with light.

Today I’m wearing my favorite spring mix book by and Gucci bamboo. The fresh spring floral of Gucci with the comfort of Book. It’s so divine 

I seem to be going for easier scents as of late! Yesterday, it was 4160 Tuesday’s Sleep Knot, which is a lovely, creamy-custardy jasmine paired with sandalwood and a healthy dose of ISO-E Super (a woody chemical that has the effect of putting a Gaussian blur over a fragrance). The jasmine is dewy-fresh in the opening with a gentle banana-like aspect while black pepper provides a bit of bite, although it's more like a nibble. It dries down to a comforting warm and fuzzy wood. Today I wore another 4160T scent with The Lion Cupboard, which usually smells more herbaceous and woody on me. Today it was like opening a can of tinned cocoa powder with sweet patchouli.

Well that sound delightful!  I like jasmine in small doses... I’m having a hard time conjuring these notes together, but it sounds ‘bouncy’ lol.  

Sleep knot is a very easy jasmine to wear - no difficult notes like indoles, mothballs, etc. 🙂

@modernwarpaint

Continuing on the peachy theme, I'm wearing Roja Dove's Diaghilev. It is an incredibly opulent chypre, so complex and deep. It is at once salty, bitter and sweet, both glowing and textured. The peach note here unfolds with a fleshy warmth, its sweetness perfectly tempered with its green and earthy notes. Darker, animaliac notes play with florals the dry down, adding more richness and colour. Wearing it feels like being adorned in precious jewels while draped with dark and sumptuous velvets. It reminds me of days gone by.

375x500.10109

@pocketvenus I bought two of the Fragrance books you recommended and omg! Fascinating! Learning so much! I’ve had them for some while now but was having issues logging on and posting but wanted to thank you for your recommendations! 🤓#fragrancenerd 

Perfumes A-Z Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez, The Essence of Perfume Roja DovePerfumes A-Z Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez, The Essence of Perfume Roja Dove

testing