Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

You are so welcome @Haleyhale! I also learned so much from those books. Thank you for sharing this, you have no idea how happy this makes me!! 💖💓💗

I seem to be all about peaches these days now that the weather has cooled down. I’m wearing 4160 Tuesday’s Lady Rose Lion, which is a peach chypre paired with rose, wood and herbaceous notes 🍑 I don't wear it a lot because sometimes, it turns very musty on my skin but I lucked out today and it was dewy and earthy. Quite nice! I normally don't like "clean" fragrances but I really wish this was more dewy and luminous.

The skies were dreadfully grey when I woke up so I dabbed on a little of my Kiste sample from Slumberhouse. I didn't really like the scent when I tried it months ago - it's like tobacco drenched in a boozy honey and apricots (everyone else smells peaches, but it's quite tart on me, so more like apricots) with some spices swirled in. A fantastic scent but not for me. But today it was really comforting, I'm so glad I chose it.

Wearing Jo Malone Wild Bluebell paired with Red Roses. Unexpected but they go well together.

@Jessyuan That sounds lovely!

RE: Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I️ just found out Sephora carries a Jo Malone set with these exact same two scents so I️ guess it really is a good pairing!

Today, I'm wearing CdG's Jaisalmer, which is from their Incense series. It is a spicy woody scent, the type of scent CdG does so well. While the notes state the woody note is guiac wood, I actually smell a gentle, well-rounded cedar that’s not too sharp. Think resins rather than pencil shavings. The cedar pairs harmoniously with a dry, piquant pepper in the opening that gives way to the warmth of cardamom and cinnamon. Simple, but very pleasant and fragrant. Like a soothing cup of chai in a cute Scadinavian cafe. My only regret with Jaisalmer is that the projection is very weak. It becomes a skin scent very quickly and after the third hour it is difficult to detect. How I wish it lasted longer!

Wearing Ex Idolo's 33, a rose-oud, which I haven't worn in a long time. I definitely found it a touch too harsh when I first tried my sample. The roses were velvety and plush but there was this wood varnish cleanser note that I found really unpleasant and jarring. The notes list includes "Damascus steel" so I'm guessing that was it. Today, it's definitely there, but it seems to blend better than how I remembered. It gives the fragrance an interesting interplay between warmth and coolness. Interestingly, the cool edge also lends it a depth. At times, it's quite lovely but not in a sentimental or "pretty" way. I know some people love it but it's not my favourite rose-oud.

CpgQo0EWcAAGBUa

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Today I am wearing Ralph Lauren Tender Romance. Love this stuff as it lasts throughout the day and has a light vanilla scent to it

Had a long meeting today and now I'm home alone, treating myself to Papillon's Salome, a gorgeous animalistic oriental. Think lush floral notes, swirling musks and a sprinkling of cumin and spice. Salome has a reputation for being filthy. It definitely has a post-coital vibe to it, but it's much more structured, refined and beautiful than many of the reviews let on.

I've been trying to convince myself spring is around the corner with floral scents.  I'm really into Nomade by Chloe right now, but today I'm wearing Tory Burch Love Relentlessly.  It's a very cheerful floral, like a picnic in the park.

Chloe Nomade is a very good scent. I also like Love Relentlessly 🙂 @RachFace2921

RE: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Even though it’s warming up outside, I’m wearing Stash by SJP- so warm and smoky!

Re: RE: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

@sloane

Excellent choice; my favorite!

💖💖💖

Not a Perfume from Juliette Has a Gun (key note is Cetalox).  I got this as part of the Juliette Has a Gun Discovery Kit last year and didn't touch it for months, because when I sprayed it on a piece of paper I was unimpressed.  It wasn't nasty smelling, just boring.

But I should have known better.  I don't know why, but every single perfume from that line smells better once I spray it on my body, and this one is no exception!  It's still a simple fragrance, but somehow it smells sexier on me than it did on the piece of paper.

Met a distinguished guest today from Europe, so I wore Chanel's Bois des Îles. It's my go-to for such occasions when I want to present myself as chic and polished.

Haven't been able to login for awhile! I've been wearing Malle's Une Fleur de Cassie. It's such a feminine scent, it's practically purring. The opening is complex with shimmering facets of bright citrus, furry musk, a touch of sweetness from a golden, honeyed mimosa. It's a little bit naughty and I like how it doesn't take itself so seriously, unlike Malle's other aldehydic floral, Superstitious. Perfectly paired with a slinky silk dress and fur stole, a sparkling cocktail, and a knowing smile.

Today is Comme Des Garcons Play Red. It's very sweet but not in a sicking way. Very light as well. I wish it was an EdP, but it is an EdT.

Notes: 
Red Mandarin, Pink Peppercorn, Safraleine, Red Cherry Accord, Geranium, Cinnamon, Osmanthus, Myrrh, Balsam of Tolu.

I recently went and organized my perfume vanity table. It was kinda a dusty unloved mess...Now it is beautiful. I had a lot of perfume that I bought...and it just sat there. Years ago. So a lot of them are just decoration now. But as I was cleaning them I saw a bottle that was actually under half full!! And it hadn't turned yet. So today I am wearing Purr by Katy Perry.

Wearing L'Artisan P's Premier Figuier today - I love its earthy, verdant opening paired with the gentle sweetness of fig that's both fresh and milky.

Mmm this sounds dreamy!

testing