Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Today I'm wearing 'What Would Love Do' by Lush (not the solid).  Out of the Lush perfumes, this is the only other one I really enjoy besides the Karma Solid.  Lust is nice, but too floral for my taste.  I actually like this one in it's regular perfume form.  It starts off very citrusy, tangerine and lemon combined, with a little spice, maybe cinnamon-like spice.  Then the lavender starts coming through in about 10 minutes time.  When it fully dries down, I smell anise (licorice smell) and what your skin smells like after you use bar soap.  The citrus is no longer present during this stage.   My favorite part of this is the opening. 

I'm wearing ysl parisienne! definitely not my favorite scent, but I've had it for 3 years and I'm trying to use it up before it goes off!

This wet, grey day calls for a little Bois D'Orage from Malle, a very earthy, green scent. It's like Angeliques but with a fantastic slug of galbanum and patchouli.

e11e60e530383d1451f2705abc8e0529--frederic-perfume

I decided on MMM... by Juliette has a Gun this morning! It has an almost cloying candied berry smell to start and dries down to a warm, sultry, slightly woodsy one. The best part is I could actually pick up on the scent all day- I hate when I can't tell if my fragrance has disappeared or not!

I put on Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black this morning.  I like how it smells initially, but I was curious to see how it dried down.  Just went to sniff my wrist, and I couldn't smell a thing, and it's not even 10:00 AM yet!  So I'm not exactly thrilled, but it's a roller ball, which means (1) I normally don't get as lasting of a scent from a roller ball as I do from an atomizer, so maybe it's a knock against the container more than the perfume itself, and (2) It fit in my purse, so I was able to reapply.  I tried to apply just a teeny bit more, so maybe this time it'll dry down into something that smells good?  Fingers crossed!

From its description page: With the wind in your hair and an open road ahead, capture the feeling of freedom with Nirvana Black. A bold, addictive blend of violet, sensual sandalwood, and rich vanilla strike the match on finding the perfect balance between masculine and feminine. Nirvana Black is a bold eau de parfum that inspires independence. 

Diptyque Tam Dao EDP sample. Creamy woods on cedar, light white floral, quite unisex and non offensive I like it. The opening top note is something super farmiliar on the tip of my tongue but I cant remember what it is and I’m going insane!! 

To be honest, i want to get the bottle because of the name.  But i cant afford to buy blindly 🙂 I need to get a sample soon @Haleyhale.  Glad you enjoy it 🙂

@blackkitty2014 it’s definitely a more unique scent, I would definitely try before blind buying this one 

This one reminds me of my friend as it's one of her favourites ❤️ Perhaps the opening note is something hesperidic/citrusy? These notes tend to hit the nose first

It’s a smell from my childhood, maybe a cleaning smell or outdoors, either way very comforting @pocketvenus 

Commodity Bergamot sample on one wrist - it’s very nice but very subtle. Less citrusy than I expected. On ether other wrist is Kilian Pure Oud. I’m actually not a huge fan of Ouds but I like them on occasion. I prefer something softer mixed with them, so Pure Oud is not a winner for me but might be loved by Oud-fans. I really love Kilian Amber Oud, but so expensive so haven’t picked it up yet. 

Yesterday I wore Commodity Mimosa. I love this one! Next to Atelier Orange Sanguine it’s one of my favorite citruses. I know it’s a good one because I got a few compliments on it yesterday, and I get compliments anytime I wear it. 

Wore the lightest spritz of Frederic Malle's Superstitious out last night - I've only worn it out maybe once or twice before but it seemed an appropriate fragrance to wear to a dinner out with another couple... I do love its opening - velvety, fleshy florals uplifted by a gentle aldehydic fizz and a hint of salt ❤️

Now I'm trying to disassociate this beautiful scent from a very awkward evening. The wife became quite belligerent and unfortunately, a fair bit of her drunken ranting was directed toward me as I was sitting across the table from her... then when she left for the ladies room, the husband started wishing he was childfree. I think it's important to express one's true feelings but... context matters?? Right before dessert, they erupted into an argument about something inconsequential and I was forced to awkwardly and insistently change the subject, feeling like I was separating two mad dogs...

I suppose it was a real life lesson in not choosing your life partner based on looks and charm and that being model-beautiful or popular will not bring you happiness!!! They are old friends of my man and have been very good to him in the past so I don't mean to complain but it might be awhile before I can wear Superstitious again without remembering such an awkward, uncomfortable night out! At least the food was excellent 😂 It's funny how strongly our minds will associate scents with our memories!! Wear your perfumes carefully LOL

@pocketvenus that sounds so awkward! You should take yourself out on a date for dinner or to a movie by yourself wearing this fragrance and you’ll have a new fantastic scent memory because you are fantastic! 

Ooh yikes. Sorry about that dinner. But the perfume sounds lovely.

Ugh, that sounds brutally awkward @pocketvenus. What a downer...

After a week or two, find an opportunity to wear your scent that's totally different in every way, and treat it as a 'reset.'

Oh dear... sounds like they have a few things to sort out on their own...

Aw, thank you for the condolences! @alexasteph @Haleyhale @Samtian @RachFace2921 ❤️

There are far worse things in life and I think they had a rough week/too much to drink as they're not like this usually! But I like the suggestion - I will try to reprogram my brain by wearing this in environments I know will be pleasant 🙂 xo

Atelier Clementine California, it’s refreshing and citrusy up front with notes of sandalwood and Vetiver laying just beneath to balance out the clementine and lime. It’s a colder weather citrus if that makes any sense, brightens up this -10 degree weather without being too summery or beachy citrusy, sadly only about 2 hours lasting power on me 😞 

RE: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I’m wearing Dior Hypnotic Poison

It's a lazy Sunday and the weather is going to be quite warm for the season, so I'm wearing L'Artisan Parfumeur's Mûre et Musc. It's a cosy scent. The fruit is subtle with a hint of tartness while musc is very soft and gentle.

1 Reply
testing