Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I just picked up a new fragrance so of course I had to wear it today. I’m wearing Olympea intense. It’s simple but complex at the same time. Ambers always are that way. 

The salty cool cool winter ocean mist combines with vanilla to birth a nutty accord like a unique dessert found only at luxurious restaurant. One of those French desserts that use fat instead of sugar. That’s it, this fragrance smells rich. Finally the resinous note changes with my temperature. Radiating into the air with my heat. 

@howconnie, I LOVE your scent descriptions!  You make every fragrance sound amazing and romantic.  I'm transported. 

I swear if you wrote a description of lysol disinfectant spray, I'd probably want to start wearing it as perfume. 

You got me rolling on the floor 😂 

Yesterday I wore CdG's Original and remembered why I love it so much. It's still so unusual ❤️

21619.jpg_width=400&404=product

Oh my goodness, I am curious about this brand. I just realized Sephora does carries it  @pocketvenus 😉

I like a lot of the CdGs - they're heavy on synthetics but in a good, creative way. They're also pretty affordable! @blackkitty2014

After wearing Serge Luten's La Fille de Berlin for the Perfume Challenge, I thought I'd wear it for Valentine's day even though I typically don't wear rose scents. Loved it so much, I'm wearing it again today @->---- There's something melancholy or pensive about the dry down that I find appealing.

Visited Guerlain's boutique today and refreshed my memory of all their classic scents... and imagined a time when people walked around smelling so oppulent.... a gilded age! ❤️

I just got eaudemoiselle de Givenchy Romantic in the mail this morning. It was my first big fragrance purchase at $150, & I could not be happier! 😆

I got a sample of Diptyque Philosykos EDT, and I think I've found my signature scent for Spring/Summer 2018!  This is what I've been searching for:  green, fig, creamy coconut, and cedar.  I'm wearing it now, and it is so beautiful.  I used to pick figs at the playground at the daycare I used to go to as a child.  While all the kids were playing on the jungle gym, I'd walk along the perimeter of the chain link fence, listening to music on my Walkman, and reach through the fence and pick figs (like a weirdo).  It doesn't remind me directly of that time, but there is an association present.  This smells like picking figs in the Mediterranean during the summertime.  I am getting a full size bottle.  I'm curious to see if there is difference between the EDT and EDP as far as longevity and projection is concerned. 

This smells so plastic on me. So unfortunate because I bought it online without smelling first just because I love figs. 😕 I use it as room spray. 

Glad to see this worked out for you, @modernwarpaint !

If you like this one, you might also enjoy L'Artisan Parfumeur's Premier Figuier and PF Extreme. I think PF and Philosykos are also by the same nose?... @modernwarpaint

@pocketvenus - yes!  Olivia Giacobetti (sp?) is the nose behind both of those fig scents.  I was reading reviews this weekend on Philosykos and other fig perfumes.  I just bought Jo Malone's Wild Bluebell this past weekend, and I'm loving the laying effect of both.  (both have sort of poor longevity, not lasting more than 2-3 hours tops for both) 

Yes, that's the name! And fig + bluebell sounds like a really interesting combination 🙂 @modernwarpaint

RE: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Elizabeth and James Nirvana

Rose Amber by 7 Virtues!

A sultry, warm scent that wears so well on the skin and doesn't have any weird chemically smells to it. The company is also Canadian, perfumes are made in Canada and they have the best ingredients (no phthalates, parabens, sulphates, fair trade essential oils). The scents are also hypoallergenic so I can wear them to work which is a huge bonus!

@abbymurrin I hadn’t heard of this brand. The Vanilla Woods sounds intriguing. I wish they had this brand in my local Sephora so I could try it before I buy. 

Recently I tried the NEST Indigo perfume and fell hard for it. It is so different from what I usually go for, that is primarily pink rose-scented perfumes that aren't sugary but still sweet, clean, and a little citrusy-fresh. Me going for something "warm, mysterious, aromatic" is about as 180-degree different as I can get! My sisters were even surprised I liked it and they thought it smelled great on me.

I'm still holding on to my Chloé and Roses de Chloé plus my "daytime" perfume which is Pacifica's Persian Rose but I feel like they'll get overlooked now because of Indigo.

I wear DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom everyday! It’s described as grapefruit mixed with rose and jasmine petals- and it really smells just like that, so good! What I like most about it is that it’s not too overpowering! Both my husband and I have sensitive noses (he doesn’t even wear cologne) —but this he actually says he likes and even encourages me to wear! Also, the cute little apple-shaped bottle it comes in is a nice bonus. 😉😃

I really like the scent of that perfume, too @Shosh85 ! Super fresh and light but not diluted at all. 

2 Replies
testing