Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I am wearing Serge Lutens La fille de Berlin

today I'm wearing Tokyomilk Dark - Everything & Nothing

Elizabeth & James Bourbon, and Rose. I got the promo from NEWCREW after seeing how big they were (0.14oz, ie 1/2 a rollerball).

Seeing other people's reviews I was guessing I would hate Bourbon and like/love Rose, but it's actually the opposite (I don't *hate* Rose, but... meh-). The initial spray of Bourbon was lovely, sweet but not too sweet, and then it dried into "did I actually just spill scotch on my arm???" (not bourbon; it was peaty and sharp like scotch, ew) which was terrible - but then it dried further or settled in or something, and the sweet came back and weird peat went away. I am a happy camper.

Rose did the same thing, in reverse: the initial spray was green to the point of being sharp, and then it got lovely and rosey for awhile, and then the sharp green came back. I don't hate it, but it's not a smell I want to smell for long periods of time... so of course it's demonstrating great staying power. /sigh

Anonymous Insider

Houbigant Quelques Fleurs l`Original

Pinrose, Cuddle Punk

love love love it

diptyque philosykos. tried and true !

We are fragrance twins today, @jemly! I needed something that would work well with the summer heat.

Well, at our house my daughter and I have jumped (late in the game, I know) onto the Miss Dior Absolutely Blooming and Blooming Bouquet (omg, if this came in an EDP!) train. 

For myself only - I usually wear Bvlgari au the Blanc as my signature fragrance rotated with Laila. I've been using Laila for years - corny as it sounds, I picked it up at EPCOT center in their Norway pavilion at WDW, and it has been my favorite ever since.

It just took me a long time to find the Bvlgari after using it years ago, and when I found it - Wham! - it was my favorite again.  

Anonymous Insider

Earlier today, I wore Tom Ford Rive D’Ambre layered over Tom Ford Venetian Bergamot.  I needed something to stabilize Rive D’Ambre because alone that lasts less than 30 minutes on my skin.

I am wearing Aerin Waterlily Sun.  (I love it!)   🙂

@tsavorite,

I want to check that fragrance out, I have not tried any Aerin products yet! I will have to see if Nordstrom has it in store when I am feeling better. 🙂

@angel7594,  While you are there,  check out the other Aerin scents. Waterlily Sun is my favorite, though, hands down.  

Also, check out Hermes Le Jardin de Monsieur Li.  This is my other favorite scent.

I think Nordstroms carries that also. Sephora carries most of the Aerin scents in rollerball sizes, but  Sephora only carries Hermes Jardin de Monsieur Li  in large bottle size. 

Anonymous Insider

I am waiting on my bottle in the mail but isn't this scent divine.  I was so shocked that I liked Waterlily Sun.

@Anonymous, It is divine!   I love it!  Why did you think that you wouldn't like it?

Anonymous Insider

I thought Evening Rose would be my favorite because I am obsessed with rose perfumes. 

@Anonymous, Did you try the Elizabeth and James Promo for their new Rose scent?  Rose musk, but I could wear it and not hate it.  🙂

Anonymous Insider

I stay way scents that are heavy on the Musk because it does not react well with my body chemistry.

Chanel Coco then Bois des Iles. It feels like it's fall already 😋

I'm wearing Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille layered with Valentino Donna. Just bought YSL Black Opium today and might pick up another TF Noir Pour Femme when stores bring out their nice gwp. 🙂

Do you like the Black Opium? I am very interested in buying this. Can you give me a quick review on what you think? The reviews all seem fantastic and over the top - so whoever likes it seems to really like it. What do you think as a new user?

Hi, pedsNP!

I like it enough to stay in my rotation as I'm very picky with my scents.

I hated it at first and upon spraying it, it smells floral and fruity which I thought smells common (disclaimer: I'm not so much into florals and fruity smells). It also smells grapey on my skin though there's no grapes on the list of notes. But as it approaches drydown, that's when the magic starts and the coffee note and spices kick in. I get the dark, sexy and mysterious vibe from it. I think it gets better as time goes by; the more it blends into your own body oils/sweat, the more you get this unique sexy vibe.

The more I use it, the more I appreciate it's whole transition --including the floral and fruity start. I wasn't mind blown with it as I was the first time I tried TF's Noir Pour Femme but I feel like my appreciation for it builds gradually. 

I wouldn't recommend it as a blind buy, though. In fact, I wouldn't recommend any perfume as a blind buy lol! We all are own body chemistry that reacts differently to certain notes. Definitely try it first on your skin! 🙂

1 Reply
testing