Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Givenchy Dahlia Noir, from the dabber sample last December. May have to purchase the full size at some point, I really like it!

Anonymous Insider

Giorgio Armani Diamond

Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy le Fluer.

Armani Prive Myrrhe Imperiale - Ooooooh I *love* this!

I went shopping with my mom this weekend and we wandered over to the Armano counter (she wanted a new lipstick) and I picked this up as a sample. 

Pink Pepper, Amber, Saffron, Benzoin, Myrrh, Vanilla

image.jpg

This sounds fantastic!   I love amber and vanilla; and the Body Shop's Mexican Pink Pepper has been a longtime favorite of mine when I want to wear something a bit different.  🙂

I scored a bottle of Guerlain Meteorites on ebay.  Am now wearing it- a beautiful, light purple cloud.

Ooh, congrats, that's a great score! I've been thinking of trying to get one...

I wear Insolence EDP a lot so it's pretty similar. The EDT is very different but still nice in its own way. 

I'm not sure they made fakes of Meteorites perfume? From what I gather it wasn't a terribly good seller and that's why Guerlain DC'd it in the first place? Not sure though.

Even those who like the smell of their powder don't usually love it enough to wear it as a perfume, too sweet, haha!

I love the smell of my powder pearls and compact so much and I really like the Guerlain frags I have so far.

BT threads tempted me to try Meteorites and once I used them, I was hooked. 

Yeah, I'm just going to start blaming y'all for this kind of thing. 

Insolence is on my to-try list.  I'm not sure whether to get Insolence or My Insolence (both!, heh).  

My next Guerlain is going to be Le Petit Robe Noir.  I adore it.

Which version of PRN? I liked the first one a lot but they keep changing it so I've held off. With Insolence, I started with the LE Sparkling EDT which is sweeter and more sharp and then switched to the EDP which is a little deeper and creamier. I haven't tried My Insolence yet or the Icy version but I need to! I really do like it that much.

I smelled the current EDP in Sephora a few weeks ago and loved it, so I'm starting with that one.  I figure I can branch out later into the couture, the edt, etc.

Ooooo you lucky duck! I love the meteorites scent amd have been hoping guerlain would release this again. Glad to hear you love it! I would try ebay but am a bit nervous about fakes- can you recommend a reliable seller? 

And I forgot to mention, if you get a fake bottle you can always get a refund from paypal for "item significantly not as described."  The fragrantica forums are great for helping to figure out if a bottle is fake.  The people there really know their stuff!

My recommendation would be to search the used bottles.  That tends to be people cleaning out their own stashes, or cleaning out a friend or family member's house.  I paid $60 for about 70% of a 1oz bottle.  I tend to look for people who have between 20-500 feedback.  These seem to be people who sell things casually, not as a primary job, so your more likely to be getting their personal stuff, and less likely to get a fake.  The seller I got it from is zicallys.  But honestly, trawl the used listings and look for people selling their stuff.  

Those are such great tips, thank you! I shop ebay occasionally but have never bought cosmetics or fragrances. Makes total sense to search for the smaller casual sellers. I will keep my eyes peeled. Enjoy your new perfume! 🙂

Beyond. Jealous.

you are so lucky!!

Nothing fancy here, I like one note scents.

I go back and forth between these two:

1. Vintage Gap Grass EDT  from the 1990s

gap-grass.jpg

2. Lavanila Pure Vanilla

vanilla

I have that same vintage Grass!  😄

Awesome! I love Grass!!! I will be super sad when my bottle is gone. I wish there was a way to make the scent last longer on my skin. I guess I should try that oil-underneath trick.

Coco Noir.

It's still too hot for it really but I'm staying home all day so I can stew in my own heavy perfume cloud! 

I've been wanting to wear my Shalimar for weeks now, but it's just too darn hot! So I'm a little jealous you're sitting around in a cloud of Coco Noir today 🙂

I sometimes spray just a bit of my Shalimar (or other ones I usually only wear when it's not indecently hot) on a hanky and keep it in my pocket on summer days. It's not the same as wearing on skin but I like it still! I miss my heavier powerhouse  frags when it's stupid hot but I won't wear them in summer unless I'm just going to be home by myself. I'll wear L'Heure Bleue or Let It Rock out at night year round but that's about as heavy as I'll go in summer.

No Fendi, no Shalimar, no Bal à Versailles, no CHANEL N°5 Eau Premiere or Coco Noir. 

testing