Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

MMM Beachwalk...again:D

Miss Dior by Dior...its one of my faves!

It's a beautiful day and way too hot, so I'm wearing Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess so I can pretend I'm at the beach instead of work 😄

SL Chergui.  Was in the mood for a warm hug of a perfume today.

Rosabotanica today. I am still working through a mini bottle from last december (the delight promo) but I think I will end up with a full bottle of this. It is a bit more mysterious than the average rose, I think.

Recently I've loved paring both Nirvana white and Nirvana black. I really like them layered

I loooooove love love Elizabeth & James Nirvana White, which is now my main scent thanks to a 100 point perk! I'm also loving the original Chloe (thanks to the VIB rouge event). So soft and pretty

Tom Ford - Noir pour femme. Picked up this sample last week as well. Can't decide if I prefer this in fragrance or lotion form!

Vivienne Westwood Naughty Alice.

Its that kind of day.

I really like naughty alice. I adore powdery perfumes. I bought two when I saw it for $20 at shoppers drug mart and gave one to my sister. Now it always reminds me of her. 

Every time I hear someone mention powdery fragrances, I think of Love's Baby Soft which was very popular when I was in middle and high school.

I have to admit I liked this too before I got into "real" perfumes. I'd almost like to smell it again for the nostalgia.

Had to google this one - love the name!

It's a big violet powder bomb but I love that so much! I like most all of her frags but one though, I think. Westwood frags and bags = ❤️ ! 😄

Guerlain Terracotta.  Embracing our hotter than normal weather!

I really wanted to sample this but I think it is sold out at all of my local shoppers drug marts. I have and love beach walk by mmm, do you know if it is a similar scent?

Let me look for my beach walk sample and get back to you.  The Guerlain is similar to the Bobbi Brown but smells a little more like flowers (but it isn't super floral) and more like Bain de Soliel than coppertone.  But I know I have a beach walk sample somewhere...I just can't remember the scent itself so well.  I'll compare and get back to you.

Thank you for your reply meganlisa! I haven't tried the bobbi brown but I am going to seek it out next time I am at sephora. I love floral perfumes, combine that with a warm summery smell and I'm hooked! Lachaton suggested looking for terracotta at the bay, so I think thats my next step!

I compared....and I prefer the Guerlain..it's the floral but not floral thing.

BB Beach is a guilty pleasure of mine.  Vaguely coppertone and very beachy to me.  It will never be a super classic scent...but we go way back and I love it.

Guerlain Terracotta (and EL Bronze Goddess) are similar scents to MMM Beach Walk and BB Beach, but I far prefer the Guerlain and EL. meganlisa is right - slightly more floral. Which to me, makes the scents a little more mature and sophisticated in a sense? I think it's because they're more complex. But still retain that casual, glorious beach scent.

Both Terracotta and Bronze Goddess have tiare flower and jasmine - that's why I prefer them. Tiare flower, to me, smells like summer. The Terracotta has fewer fruity notes, which is why I prefer it to Bronze Goddess although I love both. 

BB Beach doesn't have coconut apparently. the MMM has Ylang Ylang, which neither of the other 3 do. I think Bronze Goddess would be closer to Beach Walk than Terracotta, because of the similar citrus notes, but they all have that beachy scent. 

spiderlashes, I loooooove Terracotta. I think The Bay still has it? If not, I'm pretty sure the Guerlain Boutique in Toronto has it.

Lachaton, Great overview!!! I have the EL but haven't opened it...now I'm so curious I'm going to go find it!

testing