Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I am also sampling Carven Le Parfum plus Givenchy Dahlia Divin.  I think I prefer the Carven a bit more...

Carven Le Parfum! I wore this every day when I traveled to Barcelona, so it now holds a really special place in my heart and brings me back to what has fast become one of my favorite cities in the entire world.

Atelier Orange Sanguine & Versace Bright Crystal Robot Happy

Anonymous Insider

So you are wearing fancy orange soda. I am JEALOUS.

lol I like the way you put that

Anonymous Insider

A Margot Elena scent, Mandarin Tea. Faint, light, refreshing, not overwhelming. Glad I didn't overpay either.

Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black and White, Mixed! 🙂

I use that combo too sometimes I think those two are better together then separated. 

This is a random one but today I'm wearing The Body Shop White Musk Libertine.  It was on super sale last week so I got a bottle for 5 bucks.  I was afraid that it would be too "mature" <cougholdladycough> but I really like it!  I think it's a touch powdery (not the correct term at all but I know nothing about describing scents) but it's still musky while being light.  

Their regular White Musk is one of my favorite scents and the first perfume I ever bought.  Unless you count my old Barbie perfume, which was pretty bangin'.  

I'm wearing Coco EDP today.

It is the 2014 reformulation (as result of changes IFRA regulations) which has been horribly lambasted. My previous bottle was the 2010 reformulation (again, because of the IFRA). The 2014 isn't a sillage or longevity monster (it is kind of sad on both counts), and I do nearly gas myself to death with five (yes, five!) squirts when applying it (think of one squirt of Opium before reformulation). I can't leave the house for at least an hour after applying it.

But, give it a couple of hours and lord help me. I can't stop sniffing my wrists. The spices . . . the flowers . . . the woody notes. It is an absolute olfactory feast.

It may not be as good as it was pre-2010, but I still love it. And, I have the patience to wait for it to become well behaved on me.

Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black today .. 

I'm testing out Prada Candy today. I quite like it. It is not what I was expecting based on the packaging and advertisements, but it is what I would expect based on the notes. It is simple and well behaved. I think it would be hard to clear an elevator with it.

This may be a great fragrance to have in a rollerball. It is pretty subtle, but in a rollerball it could be sneakily reapplied throughout the day without causing a major haze of fumes.

Commodity Wool.  Raining here...so it seems to fit...

I'd never heard of this before, so I had to search it out. Is this the "men's" cologne that you're referring to, or something else? The notes look nice. I also see a bunch of other interesting looking colognes by the same company (I may have to seek out "Whiskey" for myself. :)).

Today's fragrance is Atelier Cologne Pomélo Paradis. So zesty and bright! Perfect for the summer heat. I got the 1oz bottle as a gwp of a full size Atelier fragrance.  

Anonymous Insider

Juliette Has a Gun Oil Fiction. This is a floral powdery smell on me, I've never cared for powdery scents. Iris/tuberose etc.

Today I'm wearing So De La Renta By Oscar De La Renta.

It is a lovely and well behaved fruity floral fragrance: quite "proper" (which I'm generally not ;)). It was introduced in 1997 and is very feminine. Sillage and longevity are both quite good. One spray is often enough. It doesn't change too much on me as time progresses, and I find I like it as much at first spray as at the end of the day.

For the Canadians . . . this is one of the fragrances that Shoppers sometimes has for $20. My first bottle was a blind buy, and after my first use of it I ran out and bought two more bottles. I'm through one bottle, and almost halfway through the second. At $20, it was a great blind buy!

Today is Marc Jacobs Oh Lola. I love the smell of this!!

Anonymous Insider

Elizabeth & James Nirvana White!!  Got it as a 100 pt perk and definitely will repurchase love this scent. It mixes well with me and lasts a long time, at least 8 hrs if not more. By the time I get home after 13 hrs I can still faintly smell it on me.

Anonymous Insider

Stella

I'm wearing Black Opium EDP today.

It works well on me, but it stops short of what I would consider a "true" noir/black fragrance. The scent stays pretty stable on me, and doesn't change much from application through drydown and after. I can spray it and then walk out the door. I'm pleased with the sweet and spicy, musky, vanilla with a hint of coffee scent.

The sillage is low (it stays very close to the skin), and the longevity is poor. Frankly, I've worn cheap EDTs with much more sillage and longevity: which is disappointing.

If the sillage and longevity were better, this could be my new signature scent. But, I'd go through far too much of it if I was to use it on a daily basis. It is too costly to go through an abundance of.

testing