Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? Smiley Very Happy)

Friday at last!

Silver Mountain Water by Creed 

null

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

@Vmaster, a great one for this time of year Smiley Happy

Happy Thursday! Today I am wearing pure oud oil. Oud Yusuf oud oil by Ensar Oud. Oud Yusuf is one the most easiest to wear ouds. It is a Cambodi (from trees in Cambodia) oud that smells of non-sweet dried fruit. Gorgeous!

@Vmaster, very cool, I've never smelled pure oud oil! Does it last very long? The closest I think I have gotten to the stuff is maybe Roja Dove's ouds. They were very pungent, full and deep. I was also told that some Saudi customers at Holts commented that Kilian's Pure Oud smelled like "the cheap stuff" ha ha. I have a sample of that and I like it Smiley Happy

Sadly even the Kilian oud is synthetic. The only mainstre...

Even the Kilian oud is synthetic. The only mainstream perfumer (I know of) that uses real oud is Tauer, who uses Laotian oud, and Areej leDoré, whose owner also owns the oud distillery Feel Oud. But it does not matter. What matters is that you enjoy the fragrance, whether it is synthetic or not. Houses that use the real stuff will make an effort to let the consumer know that it is real. As far as longevity, it lasts a very long time (12-18 hours). It has low projection but enourmous sillage in motion. I swiped it on my wrist 8 hours ago and I can still clearly smell it.

Re: Sadly even the Kilian oud is synthetic. The only mainstre...

@Vmaster, yes, I believe all the Kilians are synthetic oud accords and of what I've read from people who have smelled read oud, Pure Oud is thin and simple in comparison, hence it's "cheapness." I prefer to call it "austere" Smiley Very Happy

I'm wearing Philosophy Amazing Grace, but I'm not a big fan of the perfume.  The scent is fine, not my favorite but pretty inoffensive.  Problem is that I have to load the perfume on to be able to smell it at all, and even then, I can only smell it if I lift my wrist up to my nose.  Last weekend I put a bunch on, climbed in the car with my husband, and asked if he could smell my perfume, and he said no.  When you can't smell even a hint of the perfume in a place as enclosed as a small car, that's a problem.

From their product page: Philosophy’s bestselling, amazingly clean, and beautifully feminine scent features notes of welcoming bergamot to greet the senses, irresistibly soft, clean muguet blossoms, and lasting musk with its classic beauty.

Today I'm wearing Citadelle by Raw Spirit. It's a very sharp lemon in the beginning, but settles down to a lovely warm, woodsy, almost creamy citrus as it wears on. It's actually quite close to what I would have imagined Neroli Portofino to be if that hadn't turned into a biting hospital disinfectant scent on me. 

From Raw Spirit's site:

Inspired by the Citadelle Laferrière, the awe-inspiring mountaintop fortress in northern Haiti, symbolizes strength and celebrates the spirit of the Haitian people.

A modern interpretation of a classic vetiver fragrance, blending premium Haitian vetiver, marigold, pear, bergamot, lemon, cinnamon, nutmeg, amberwood, musk and cedarwood.

Wednesday's SOTD Icon by Dunhill    

null

Tom Ford Noir de Noir. Hopefully the awesome scent ease my pain of dealing with my new manager at work lol 😂 

@blackkitty2014, I hope that relationship smooths out soon! NdN is a nice one Smiley Happy

I picked up the Raw Spirit sampler at Ulta with my 20% and have been through all of the scents once. Out of the 8, I was able to pick a least favorite, but even so, I still kinda like that one. I've found a house I love!Screenshot_20180717-232307.png

I'm working on going back through all of them now to try and pick a favorite or two, but it's gonna be tough. Even though the scents are all different, they've all seemingly got a warm, spicy, sultry undertone to them that I love so very much. Even the florals are good, and I usually avoid most florals. Today's selection is Wild Fire.Screenshot_20180717-232955.png

I'd call this one a rich cedar campfire; I don't notice the floral notes much at all.🔥

This sounds great, @RGbrown! I love ylang-ylang in scents!

@RGbrown, that sounds fantastic and like it would be great for the fall too

I've been on a summer fragrance bender the last couple of weeks... Beach Walk, Soleil Blanc, and Neroli Portofino in heavy rotation. 

The neroli notes trigger some strong Florida vibes too, kind of fun when it's 90F outside 🌴

Yay, more summer Neroli Portofino love! I need to try Soleil Blanc soon, I've had my eye on it as well.

Bvlgari Man Extreme by Bvlgari

null

@Vmaster, you have so many Bvlgaris!! Can I ask: which is your all time favourite Bvlgari fragrance?

@pocketvenus My all time favorite Bvlgari?

Gyan 

o.43631

Wow, @Vmaster, I don't recognize that one! I'm going to see if my nearby dept stores carry it and give it a try. Oh, and btw, I had a chance to try Jubilation XXV, I quite liked it Smiley Happy

1,765 Replies