Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Trans women need a boost

Hi y'all! I am shopping for two friends who could really use a fragrance that speaks to their identity before they even say a word. One is a bit of a party girl... I just want her to graduate out of PINK bodysprays and mists. She's also into, like, tarot reading and astrology stuff, just to give a better sense of her personality. My other friend is shy and studious, and the most thoughtful person. I want to find them an understated scent that commands respect and coveys a subtle femininity. They're a computer science major and nerd. Any advice would be super appreciated!! I will probably get some samples first so they can test a variety, and then get them a regular size or at least a rollerball for Christmas.

RE: Trans women need a boost

I would recommend niche fragrance discovery kits for both of them! The cool thing about those is that they are all easy to layer & customize according to their mood & necessities. Your party girl friend sounds like she would LOVE the Pinrose collection, they give me a vibe of very flirtatious young women, and your more introverted friend would love any of the minimalists fragrances like Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume, Commodity Rain, Derek Lam 10 Crosby Silent St, Pinrose Pillowtalk Poet, Clean Reserve Warm Cotton, Replica Lazy Sunday Morning.... there are plenty of options for them! My recommendation as a fragrance consultant would be to go to the store, smell around & have their personalities in mind. If you smell something that kind of smells like something they’d wear or fits your mental picture of them, then chances are they’ll love it! Happy Searching!

Re: Trans women need a boost

Check out the Nest fragrances.  There is a 100pt reward mini of the black tulip that is my fav, actually.   Kind of floral, kind of dark and mysterious... 

For the tarot and astrology party girl, I would recommend:
- 4160 Tuesdays' The Lion Cupboard (herbacious and unique)
- Etat Libre d'Orange's Encens et Bubblegum or Jasmin et Cigarette (bizarre and fun). If she likes powdery scents, consider Putain des Palaces
- Serge Luten's Five O’Clock Au Gingembre (the image of her reading tea leaves came to mind!)

For your shy, thoughtful friend, I would recommend:
- Frédéric Malle's Une Rose or Le Parfum de Thérèse (both sombre, mature and stately scents; available in 10ml)
- Papillon's Dryad (lovely chypre)

- Chanel's Bois des Îles (sandalwood with the house's aldehydic signature)

Anonymous Insider

What a thoughtful response! Love the recommendations!!

@Anonymous  Aw, thanks ❤️

RE: Re: Trans women need a boost

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!! Can't thank you enough since I barely knew where to start with this task!

Re: RE: Re: Trans women need a boost

You're most welcome & have fun sampling ❤️

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing