Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Tom Ford fragrance recommendation

I like Tom Ford Oud Wood but it’s a bit too masculine. What Tom Ford fragrance would be close to that scent ? (F. Fabulous is a little too powdery, White Suede is just ok. I have Noir Pour Femme and Black Orchid.)

RE: Tom Ford fragrance recommendation

If you’re leaning more “masculine”, you could try Noir de Noir. If you’re leaning more to the “feminine” side, Try Café Rose or Jasmine Rouge but only if you like Geranium and or Jasmine. I find Café Rose to be heavy on geranium and the Jasmine Rouge heavy on jasmine.

I meant “Sillage” is good

Ok, I have Noir de Noir Spray in my basket. I like the sprays as they’re more affordable & spillage is good. From the reviews it sounds like I may like. Does anyone know if it’s very masculine ?

Re: Tom Ford fragrance recommendation

Tough question as those are all very different scents from the house! You could always try Oud Fleur as florals tend to read more feminine but this is still fairly unisex.

If you are looking for a big oriental (NPF, Black Orchid) with an easy twist of oud, you might want to try Kilian's ouds as they will read more feminine. There's also Maison Francis Kurkdjian's ouds - I've never skin tested them but they do smell elegant and the reviews are generally very good.

Re: Tom Ford fragrance recommendation

@suemaried, I own Tom Ford's Venetian Bergamot and Cafe Rose.  I prefer the Venetian Bergamot and my husband prefers the Cafe Rose.  Like the reviews say, the Venetian Bergamot does lack staying power, but I don't mind that in some situations. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing