Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Love the Commodity set! And is that that wonderful, little Pinrose set? 

Yes! The pinrose is so nice, I think Secret Genius is my favourite, imo the price is great on that set to try them. 

@Haleyhale Secret Genius is a favorite around here! 

Ooh what are the three on the right and the one under the vials?

The Pinrose set that comes with 3 litttle rollerballs @Samtian such a good price, they all smell delish! And because they are shaped different than my other minis I know which ones I'm pulling out of my perfume jar, lol

Perfume no. 42: Commodity Platinum, Bergamot. 

Key Notes:
Italian Bergamot, Pomelo, Violet Leaf

This is definitely citrusy and a little woodsy on its own and smells a bit masculine. I actually think Commodity Bergamot smells more like tea than Commodity Tea, but I may just be expecting Earl Grey when I think of tea. 

Edit: whatever you do, do not mix Bergamot with Commodity Tonka. It turns very granny, and it won't wash off!

This sounds amazing! I also always think of earl grey if anything is tea scented, and I love earl grey. So sad it turned granny when you mixed it 😞 I want minis if all the new platinum line! 

This is the one I've been interested in the most, out of their new line. 

Commes des Garcon Wonderwood

Notes:
Madagascan Pepper, Bergamot, Somalian Incense, Nutmeg, Cristalon, Cashmeran, Gaïacwood, Cedarwood, Carvi Graines, Javanol, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Agarwood.

Image result for nope nope nope gif

@Samtian - This .gif is awesome!

Lol at that GIF! @Samtian

@Beadshopgirl That's about how I feel about the scent lol. Looking at the notes I have no idea why it was even in my wishlist. But it had been there since I started Sephora pretty much. 

I am wearing my Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey sample today.

Oh this is beautiful. I added it to my list. 

I have and love that one! 

I bought the Pinrose rollerball wardrobe, and I was so hoping I would love it. Unfortunately every last one of these fragrances give me a headache. 😞  It's weird, because I can tell some of them smell quite nice, but they hurt, so they're going back.  Definitely A+ on the presentation though; most adorable mini rollerball packaging ever!

That's a bummer. Their fragrances are lovely.

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Sucre

Key notes: mandarin, jasmine flower, whipped cream

I rarely purchase perfume without sampling it first, but I got this one solely because of the bottle design, and being limited edition lol. My risk payed off, because it smells amazing! If you like Pinrose Secret Genius and Viktor & Rolf Bonbon, this one is similar.

@angel7594 I was curious and thought because of the design/ advertising it would be way too sweet and teen-like. But I really love BonBon so I'll give this a chance too.

Perfume no. 41: Tom Ford Neroli Portofino. This smells like company soap on me. You know, those little soaps that may or may not be shaped like seashells that people sometimes put out in their bathrooms when guests come over.

These are notes I would normally love, but I'm relieved I don't like this one enough to spend $150 on a bottle.

Notes:
Tunisian Neroli, Italian Bergamot, Sicilian Lemon, Winter Yellow Mandarin, Orange Flower, Lavender.

Comme des Garcons Play Red

Notes:
Red Mandarin, Pink Peppercorn, Safraleine, Red Cherry Accord, Geranium, Cinnamon, Osmanthus, Myrrh, Balsam of Tolu.

I like this one, its different. I don't even know what a few of the notes are, but they work together very well. Now if only they would make travel sizes. 

Ooooh - is the cherry prominent in this one? Or is it more floral? The mix with the pink peppercorn, cinnamon, myrrh, and balsam sounds intriguing @Samtian

testing