Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Great Rose Fragrance Debate: Everyday Wear or Special Occasion?

D3864883-ADAF-4F67-87FB-4098A4618E8B.JPG

Hello BIC! Aerin is bringing their AERIN Rose De Grasse Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mLperfume to Sephora, inspiring an internal debate: Is a rose fragrance meant for special occasions only or for everyday wear? #

Re: The Great Rose Fragrance Debate: Everyday Wear or Special Occasion?

Never, I hate rose scents. 😄 With one or two exceptions that I can't even smell the rose in.

I wear rose fragrances everyday. Its my body cream scent and my perfume scent.

All of the time. I need to get a sample of this! My mom is obsessed with roses. 

I say it depends on the person and how much they like rose-intensive fragrances! And there are a lot of different varieties in the rose category, judging by the options on the decant sites I've gone to while looking for my 'the one' fragrance.

One thing I wish Aerin Lauder would improve on is how long their scents last. They start out lovely but I like a bit more sillage (I think that's the right term...)

@GennXSillage refers to the trail of scent you leave behind you 🙂

I got the right term then! After I quit smoking my sense of smell has come back stronger than it ever was before, especially when someone is smoking cigarettes in my vicinity - the smell of smoke kinda makes me nauseated now. But even though I don't have to bathe in a perfume to smell it these days, I like a scent to last a while and sort of 'follow' me around just a little, not enough to upset those with scent sensitivities.

I wear TOM FORD - Café Rose almost every day. 

@BrendaBT, @blackkitty2014

For myself, fragrances are seasonal as some are more potent than others and may be cloying during the Summer or too light during the Winter. Otherwise, I just wear what I like. 

That being said: Everyday wear. 

Ottoman Empire by Areej Le Doré

ottoman empire.jpg

Top Notes: 
Jamaican pepper, Cardamom, Afghan rose, Georgian rose, Bulgarian rose, Indian rose absolute, Thai white rose, Jasmine, Frangipani water. 
Heart Notes: 
Frangipani, Saffron attar, Indian agarwood oil, Assam oud, Indian vetiver, Cinnamon, Nutmeg. 
Base notes: 
Sandalwood, Indian oakmoss, Crude amber resin oil, Sweet myrrh.

@BrendaBT  Hmm... well, if you ask me, a person should just wear what they like when they want.  🙂

Your not the only one @jozkid , I love Stella as well! It's one of the longest lasting perfumes on me- and it revives itself with heat and the smell stays on clothes. I think it's my strongest rose floral scent, a little jammy. I wear this anytime except when it's very hot. 

I wear Diptyque L’Ombre dans l’Eau all the time, especially in the summer. It's like picking roses in the garden, green rose stems and blackberries. Very unique. In the winter /fall, I like to layer this with vanilla.

My newest rose is LE Labo Rose 31, which I think will be great in fall. It's spicy, cedar wood, musky and dry rose.

i haven't tried the JM Red Roses perfume, but I love the bath oil, very fresh! I hope Sephora starts to carry it. I don't know if I'm an oddity, but it has never occurred to me that rose perfume (or any perfume) should be saved for special occasions.

diptyque l'ombre dans l'eau is one of my go-to summer scents, and le labo rose 31 is my favorite perfume! i love it so much.  jo malone has horrible staying power on me unfortunately so i'm not a fan of red roses.

rose fragrances are my favorite and i wear one most days, so i definitely don't think they should be saved for special occasions.  aside from le labo rose 31, my favorite perfume is bond no. 9 washington square park; it's more of a leathery/spicy rose but not as heavy as the le labo (and not as rose dominant, but it's there!).

i also really love serge lutens sa majeste la rose - it reminds me of l'ombre dans l'eau except less green/grassy.  i recently picked up serge lutens la fille de berlin, which is kind of a raspberry-ish rose, and i loveeeee it but the staying power sucks on me so i have to spray it throughout the day because it disappears so quickly 😞  definitely haven't had that problem with any other serge lutens perfumes i have so i wonder if i got an off bottle..

frederic malle lipstick rose is great too, and i really want to try une rose.  i also like byredo rose noir and still need to try rose of no man's land.

@seaofcowards, I really love the rose fragrances by Serge Lutens too. Une Rose is really beautiful and unsentimental. Sombre even. Very poised. No Man's Land is more saturated with a touch of sweet fruit. It's even a bit boozy in the opening on me.

@BrendaBT If I can't stop and smell the roses, I at least like to enjoy a whiff when I spray on my EDT each day.  I have been wearing CHLOé - Roses De Chloé for months, and love the authentic scent.  So, my vote is for roses everyday!  

Of course, I did find the rose scent less than summery - but who cares?!  I am super excited about the AERIN Rose De Grasse Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL. I was in Sephora yesterday and spritzed several scents, but none spoke to me.  I'd love to try this one b/c I hold Aerin in high regard.

And I thank the other BICers for sharing their love of other rose scents.  Wouldn't a Sephora Favorites with all rose fragrances be wonderful?!

@greeneyedgirl107 I'm also a huge fan of Chloé Roses De Chloé Eau de Toilette 2.5 oz/ 75 mL, and STELLA MCCARTNEY - Stella @jozkid. Both are in my regular rotation.

I'm excited to try this new fragrance from Aerin out! 🙂

I haven’t tried the Chloe one yet @StephanieBT. How does it differ from Stella?

@jozkid to my nose, they are quite similar! The main difference that I notice is the peony note blended with rose in Stella, where the Roses De Chloé is a pure rose. 

Oooh @StephanieBT!  I’m going to have to check it out!

Re: The great rose fragrance debate: everyday wear or special occasion?

Am I the only one who really likes Stella STELLA MCCARTNEY - Stella?? This is one of the few perfumes that doesn’t disappear on me or give me a headache

ETA: I wear it whenever I feel like it!

Depends on the season! In spring, I love floral scents, but in the winter I would use it less frequently. I also tend to go for rose scent in the daytime vs night. 

@BrendaBTWhen I think about it, personally I own one Rose perfumeJO MALONE LONDON - Red Roses CologneUnidentifiedUnidentified

that I do tend to only wear to special occasions. I don't know if I do this intentionally however that particular perfume is what I reach for when i'm going to weddings, celebrations etc. 

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • D3864883-ADAF-4F67-87FB-4098A4618E8B.JPG
  • ottoman empire.jpg
testing