Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Great Rose Fragrance Debate: Everyday Wear or Special Occasion?

D3864883-ADAF-4F67-87FB-4098A4618E8B.JPG

Hello BIC! Aerin is bringing their AERIN Rose De Grasse Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mLperfume to Sephora, inspiring an internal debate: Is a rose fragrance meant for special occasions only or for everyday wear? #

every day! fresh garden rose is so feminine and beautiful

RE: The Great Rose Fragrance Debate: Everyday Wear or Special Occasion?

I guess it depends on “which” rose scent. Rose scents are very much my everyday type scents. I love Jo Malone Red Roses and can wear that anytime, but my Tom Ford Cafe Rose tends to be a more special occasion scent.

Re: The Great Rose Fragrance Debate: Everyday Wear or Special Occasion?

Rose is one of my favorite fragrances. Of all my perfumes-daily and special occasion-most have some type of rose note. I love it in my lip balms (like SEPHORA COLLECTION - Lip Balm & Scrub in Rose and Herbivore Coco Rose Coconut Oil Lip Conditioner 0.17 oz/ 5 mL, my sheet masks, etc. As long as it doesn’t remind me of an attic, Rose 🌹 is perfect for everyday and special occasion, @BrendaBT!

“As long as it doesn’t remind me of an attic...” 😂😂 oh, @eshoe, that made me laugh so hard!! 😂😂😂😂 I am making a mental note of that and will make every effort not to send you any rose scented item that evokes memory of an attic!! 😆 😝 

You KNOW what I am talking about, @itsfi! I once bought a well-known rose perfume because the company was a long-standing perfumery. I sadly still own it, don’t wear it. When I need a reminder of being 6 or 7, I open it and am instantly brought back to a very specific moment that involved fetching something from an attic for my friend’s grandmother, and the overpowering scent of roses on her. It is so cliché but absolutely true. I won’t ever throw away the bottle because of this one sweet memory😂

😂😂😂😂 @eshoe

rose scents are one of my favorites! Aerin's garden rose is good for everyday. I put it on before bed because I like the freshness of the scent.

I love rose scents so I wear them very frequently. For me rose is an everyday scent. I enjoy Aeirn perfumes in general so I’m looking forward to try this one.

If it is a great fragrance then wear it everyday

Everyday!! Bvlagari's rose goldea is everything I have ever wanted from a perfume!! 

I feel like it's for everyday wear! I used to be obsessed with Roses de Chloe.

It depends on the blend, but I do love rose perfumes. Stella McCartney is still one of my all time favorites and I'll wear it everyday, special occasion or not, its also what I wore on my wedding day.

How can I forget this 😂

Rose D’Arabie L’Or Du Desert

I feel that rose is a good scent for any time.  Aerin has some lovely fragrances, but Mediterranean Honeysuckle is the only one that seems to last on my skin.  All the others fade within an hour of application.  I will give this new one a try.

I used to think that rose scented products were "old lady" items since it was mainly elderly women who wore rose scents when I was "younger".  Now I too can't get enough of rose fragrances.  Guess I have crossed the line to "old lady".

My favorite perfume is one I picked up in a shop in Hawaii.  It was relatively inexpensive, but it smells so wonderful.  The smell lingers all day.  It's Maui Tea Rose perfume from the Island Bath & Body shop.

Feel like it’s a great everyday scent . It’s just romantic, feminine and for me it’s nostalgic bc I had roses and wild roses that would grow outside my bedroom window as a little girl so it’s just great vibes all around 🙂

Rose scents just tend to make me feel beautiful! Everyday for me!! Looking forward to trying this one, description sounds inviting.

Definitely depends on the strength of perfume for me! I can't wear intense scents but something like Jo Malone's Red Roses perfume is fresh enough for everyday. I love fresh rose scents!

Interesting question @BrendaBT I'd never really thought about it but I do save rose scents for more special occasions.  I used to wear Stella by Stella McCartney all the time as it's one of my favorite scents but I find myself going for lighter scents day-to-day.  Rose is such a romantic scent to me, I want to savor it! 

I think people should wear whatever they enjoy. I am not a huge fan of rose perfumes but I do like

• Serge Lutens, La Fille de Berlin, a spicy rose
  • Etat Libre d'Orange, Eau de Protection, an ugly rose
  • Kilian, Musk Oud, one of my favourite oud-roses
  • on rare occasion, Neela Vermeire, Mohur, a milky rose

I like a really pure, light rose scent.  My favorite rose scent is actually a facial wash- Neals Yard Remedies Rose Facial Wash.  If I could get that exact scent in a perfume, I'd be super happy.  I'm going to try the Absolute Rose essential oil to see if I can get the same scent.  I would wear this as an everyday scent.  I like the idea of being associated with a particular scent.  

Neal's Yard Remedies Rehydrating Rose Facial Wash Neal's Yard Remedies Rehydrating Rose Facial Wash Neal's Yard Remedies Rehydrating Rose Facial Wash Image 1

44 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • D3864883-ADAF-4F67-87FB-4098A4618E8B.JPG
  • ottoman empire.jpg
testing