Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Thank You Sephora, Commodity, Maison Margiela, Nest, and Tocca!

I received a surprise gift from Sephora containing favorite #summerscent fragrances to review. I am very excited to try them, as they are all new to me. ❤️

The gift includes the following fragrances:

Commodity Nectar travel spray

Maison Margiela Replica Beach Walk rollerball

Nest Wisteria Blue rollerball

Tocca Maya rollerball

I will be reporting back soon with detailed reviews of each fragrance.

321B0A2E-837A-4A5E-A0A0-C61766AB836D.jpeg

05FC2771-8758-448B-8423-6FDB14E0C442.jpeg

3147AC0D-C724-4F93-A9DF-B86466377B38.jpeg

Tags:

Re: Thank You Sephora, Commodity, Maison Margiela, Nest, and Tocca!

Awww congrats @angel7594! I'm so honoured to have received this same gratis box as well! What a lovely surprise to come home form a trip and find it waiting for me as well as a box containing 3 nudestix lippies in honour of Canada day and the company's Canadian roots! : )

And so a big, big thanks to our lovely mods  @KatieBTSephora,  Maison Margiela, Commodity, NEST and TOCCA as well as to NudeStix! I am beyond thrilled to be getting to try these Summerscents and as a perfume fanatic I was super stoked about this giveaway.  I apologize if I'm a little late to the party but I was at the cottage for a bit. I've already started playing with the perfumes and have found a favourite blend from the bunch and I'll be posting detailed reviews of each one.  As a little starter I thought I would take inspiration from a Sephora video challenge in which the Sephora make up artists were asked to create/put together a look inspired by a particular scent so I decided to put together a look inspired by the results produced when I layer "Beachwalk" and "Nectar".  Picture and commentary to follow after the product pics.  First the pics of the lovely gratis box and scents/perfumes - I WILL post detailed reviews but here you will find my FIRST IMPRESSIONS/QUICK-FIRST TAKE.

The Goods! From left to right: Commodity's "Nectar", NEST's "Wisteria Blue", Maison Margiela REPLICA's"Beachwalk" and TOCCA's "Maya".  In the cute little NUDESTIX box are Ally, Tay Tay and J mamaThe Goods! From left to right: Commodity's "Nectar", NEST's "Wisteria Blue", Maison Margiela REPLICA's"Beachwalk" and TOCCA's "Maya". In the cute little NUDESTIX box are Ally, Tay Tay and J mamaCOMMODITY, Nectar is a citrus-y orange blossom scent that smells both fresh and juicy - perfect for summer!COMMODITY, Nectar is a citrus-y orange blossom scent that smells both fresh and juicy - perfect for summer!Maison Margiela/Replica, Beach Walk: A lovely and tasteful fragrance with subtle hints of coconut milk, lemon and warm florals - I was surprised by this fragrance because I had tried it once before and thought it was nice but that had been in winter - warm skin really knocks it out of the park with this one and it goes from "nice" to "yummmmms, amazing!"Maison Margiela/Replica, Beach Walk: A lovely and tasteful fragrance with subtle hints of coconut milk, lemon and warm florals - I was surprised by this fragrance because I had tried it once before and thought it was nice but that had been in winter - warm skin really knocks it out of the park with this one and it goes from "nice" to "yummmmms, amazing!"NEST, "Wisteria Blue", I am a big fan of some of NEST's fragrances and this one is well executed - I think they are quite skilled.  It's very tasteful and would definitely be office friendly.  Lovely fresh florals - a little rose, a little white floral and a good approximation of beautiful blue flowers - an impression assisted by the cool calming watery notes.  A good summer scent for a hot day - fresh and pretty and would never grow sickly sweet or heavy.  Very well balanced.NEST, "Wisteria Blue", I am a big fan of some of NEST's fragrances and this one is well executed - I think they are quite skilled. It's very tasteful and would definitely be office friendly. Lovely fresh florals - a little rose, a little white floral and a good approximation of beautiful blue flowers - an impression assisted by the cool calming watery notes. A good summer scent for a hot day - fresh and pretty and would never grow sickly sweet or heavy. Very well balanced.TOCCA, Maya: I hadn't previously sampled any of TOCCA's perfume so I didn't know what to expect.  I was quite surprised with this fragrance because typically I tend to really dislike anything with patchouli and iris but this one was the exception - perhaps it's the "wild" iris, there is a natural feel to the scent that makes me think the house may use real essences - it's a lovely and skillful blend of blackcurrant, wild iris and a subtle patchouli - the blackcurrant brings a fresh and juicy note that really brings it all together and prevents the iris and patchouli from being overpowering.TOCCA, Maya: I hadn't previously sampled any of TOCCA's perfume so I didn't know what to expect. I was quite surprised with this fragrance because typically I tend to really dislike anything with patchouli and iris but this one was the exception - perhaps it's the "wild" iris, there is a natural feel to the scent that makes me think the house may use real essences - it's a lovely and skillful blend of blackcurrant, wild iris and a subtle patchouli - the blackcurrant brings a fresh and juicy note that really brings it all together and prevents the iris and patchouli from being overpowering.

AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADO - HERE IS THE LOOK INSPIRED BY A BLEND OF BEACH WALK AND NECTAR (I wore this to my nephew's sweet 16, we had a lovely family dinner by the water it really was an appropriate scent selection).  I loved layering these two fragrances, beach walk already has a little citrus and it's nice to up the citrus and orange blossom factor by adding NECTAR to the mix.  These two fragrances worked beautifully together and were quite complimentary.  Perfect summer scents!  As I said, more detailed reviews and if anyone likes the idea of matching scent to looks - more looks to follow! : )  

Both Beach Walk and Nectar and highly evocative of summer, the warmth that radiates from the sand, the flowers, the grass, the hay, the water and that excites the scent mollicules so that everything is just a little more fragrant in the summer.  In the same way, summer calls to mind ripe fruit and that is precisely what "NECTAR" does.  For this "Scent Inspired Look" I thought that warm colours and glowing skin were absolutely de rigeure. I wanted my skin to radiate warmth and well-being (thanks to makeup lol) because that's how I felt wearing the scent and I wanted lips the colour of fresh vibrant fruit and subtle bronzy/golden lids to remind me of the scent's connections with sand, sunsets, golden sun and ripe oranges.Both Beach Walk and Nectar and highly evocative of summer, the warmth that radiates from the sand, the flowers, the grass, the hay, the water and that excites the scent mollicules so that everything is just a little more fragrant in the summer. In the same way, summer calls to mind ripe fruit and that is precisely what "NECTAR" does. For this "Scent Inspired Look" I thought that warm colours and glowing skin were absolutely de rigeure. I wanted my skin to radiate warmth and well-being (thanks to makeup lol) because that's how I felt wearing the scent and I wanted lips the colour of fresh vibrant fruit and subtle bronzy/golden lids to remind me of the scent's connections with sand, sunsets, golden sun and ripe oranges.

@RoseCharlie, love it when people match makeup looks to fragrance! Looking very warm and summery 🙂

@RoseCharlie,

I haven't seen you here in forever!  You look so lovely!  It's great that you were included in this Gratis!  Thank you for your thoughts about these scents.  🙂

Congratulations @RoseCharlie Heart Such a great gratis, glad you got it! Thank you for your initial thoughts 🙂

Congrats @RoseCharlie!! 🎉❤️ I was happy to see your username today on BIC! Hope you are doing good, I’ve missed you here. You look so pretty! ❤️

Beach Walk is my favorite summer scent, @RoseCharlie  congratulations!!! That Tocca sounds like it would be wonderful. I have worn a few of their fragrances, but they were a bit powdery. This sounds earthy, thanks for the reviews, enjoy your new scents!

Congratulations @RoseCharlie!  Loved that you blended 2 of the fragrances for your own signature scent - and a beautiful look inspired by it as well.  Enjoy your new treats!

RE: Re: Thank You Sephora, Commodity, Maison Margiela, Nest, and Tocca!

Thank you so much for the lovely and super sweet comment!! : ) I love perfume and I love trying new combinations! Hahaha sometimes i maybe need to get that memo about « too much of a good thing » and sometimes there is an unpleasant chemical reaction I come to regret but in this instance it really did work out. As an aside, out of all the scent combos I’ve ever tried my all-time favourite (the combination of which is now my signature scent) is the combo of Chloe EDP under Vanille Extreme by Comptoir Sud-Pacifique. : )

Re: RE: Re: Thank You Sephora, Commodity, Maison Margiela, Nest, and Tocca!

Oooh, the Chloe + CSP combination sounds lovely @RoseCharlie!  A beautiful signature scent.  ❤️

Congrats @RoseCharlie! It's so nice to see you again!!!

Oh thank you so much @veronika23! : ) It's nice to be back and even nicer to see you too!! : )

@angel7594Congrats!! I don't know how I missed this post. Lucky I been wanting to try that Commodity! I love love love the Wisteria Blue.

Thank you @Samtian

❤❤

Congrats @angel7594 😄 xoxox

Thank you @jen143xo! 💕

Maison Margiela Replica Beach Walk rollerball review:

This was my favorite fragrance out of the four, it is comforting, beautiful, and a delight to wear, especially in the very hot weather where I am. Absolutely perfect Summer fragrance in my opinion.

Notes- coconut milk, lemon, cedar wood.

Right after application I first detect lemon and cedar wood, but not long after the coconut milk comes through making for a balanced combination of fresh and mellow sweet. Projection was mild to moderate, and I needed to reapply after 4 hours- which I didn’t mind because it is so good. In the final dry down I smell the coconut milk, but I feel there must be a slight hint of musk note as well? I will purchase this one upon finishing my rollerball, but I will opt for the full size bottle since I would apply more frequently. 

I recommend giving Beach Walk a try, it is a gem!!

@angel7594,

Thank you for this review!  I would like to sample this cologne the next chance that I get.

@angel7594, glad one of these turned out to be full-bottle worthy for you 🙂

TY for the reviews!  I love beach walk too 😉

Commodity Nectar review

The fragrance is in the fresh category with notes of Juicy Pomelo, Neroli, Tangerine, Honeysuckle.

Immediately I detect a bitter scent on my skin after application. It is sharp, and somewhat metallic on me. Perhaps the Pomelo?! Not entirely sure. I could not smell the tangerine note at all. The fragrance is moderate to strong in projection. I was hoping it would soften so I could experience the honeysuckle, a note I enjoy in perfume. I finally detected it around the 7-8 hour mark. Sadly I did not enjoy Nectar, it just does not mesh with my chemistry. The final dry down with the honeysuckle coming through was lovely, but I cannot tolerate the sharp and bitter aspect for the hours leading up to that. I am a big fan of the Commodity brand though, and love the Book and Wool fragrances.

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • 321B0A2E-837A-4A5E-A0A0-C61766AB836D.jpeg
  • 05FC2771-8758-448B-8423-6FDB14E0C442.jpeg
  • 3147AC0D-C724-4F93-A9DF-B86466377B38.jpeg
  • The Goods! From left to right: Commodity's "Nectar", NEST's "Wisteria Blue", Maison Margiela REPLICA's"Beachwalk" and TOCCA's "Maya".  In the cute little NUDESTIX box are Ally, Tay Tay and J mama
  • COMMODITY, Nectar is a citrus-y orange blossom scent that smells both fresh and juicy - perfect for summer!
  • Maison Margiela/Replica, Beach Walk: A lovely and tasteful fragrance with subtle hints of coconut milk, lemon and warm florals - I was surprised by this fragrance because I had tried it once before and thought it was nice but that had been in winter - warm skin really knocks it out of the park with this one and it goes from "nice" to "yummmmms, amazing!"
  • NEST, "Wisteria Blue", I am a big fan of some of NEST's fragrances and this one is well executed - I think they are quite skilled.  It's very tasteful and would definitely be office friendly.  Lovely fresh florals - a little rose, a little white floral and a good approximation of beautiful blue flowers - an impression assisted by the cool calming watery notes.  A good summer scent for a hot day - fresh and pretty and would never grow sickly sweet or heavy.  Very well balanced.
  • TOCCA, Maya: I hadn't previously sampled any of TOCCA's perfume so I didn't know what to expect.  I was quite surprised with this fragrance because typically I tend to really dislike anything with patchouli and iris but this one was the exception - perhaps it's the "wild" iris, there is a natural feel to the scent that makes me think the house may use real essences - it's a lovely and skillful blend of blackcurrant, wild iris and a subtle patchouli - the blackcurrant brings a fresh and juicy note that really brings it all together and prevents the iris and patchouli from being overpowering.
  • Both Beach Walk and Nectar and highly evocative of summer, the warmth that radiates from the sand, the flowers, the grass, the hay, the water and that excites the scent mollicules so that everything is just a little more fragrant in the summer.  In the same way, summer calls to mind ripe fruit and that is precisely what "NECTAR" does.  For this "Scent Inspired Look" I thought that warm colours and glowing skin were absolutely de rigeure. I wanted my skin to radiate warmth and well-being (thanks to makeup lol) because that's how I felt wearing the scent and I wanted lips the colour of fresh vibrant fruit and subtle bronzy/golden lids to remind me of the scent's connections with sand, sunsets, golden sun and ripe oranges.
testing