Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Survey Says : ALL NICHE Perfumes Showdown 1st round

ALL NICHE  Perfumes Showdown - 1st round

First ALL-Niche Contender:  Atelier Cologne

My top 5 for Atelier Cologne (in no particular order)

1. Cedrat Enivrant

2. Oud Saphir

3. Cedre Atlas

4. Pomelo Paradis

5. Sud-Magnolia

What at your top-5 Atelier Cologne from their 31 listed ?

Of course, you can join the survey showdown even if you have not yet tried them all or any 🙂  🙂 Image result for atelier cologne discovery sets

Re: Survey Says : ALL NICHE Perfumes Showdown 1st round

This brand has been on my radar for like 10 years when I first heard of Oolang Infini (not my favorite tea tbh) but just yesterday I got to spend 40 minutes sniffing in the new boutique that opened up in my city and it was SO MUCH FUN. I didn't know their line was so expansive or that all the fragrances had such scent memories attached to them!

My favorite 5 so far:

1. Encens Jinhae

2. Santal Carmin

3. Orange Sanguine (I probably wouldn't wear this one myself but it is such an acheivement of perfumery IMO)

4. Cafe Tuberose

5. Philtre Ceylon

Excellent ! thank you for your votes and sharing that renewal-reunion adventure !

🙂 i'm "new" to the "free-fragrance-worlds" since i decided to run away from all these "fragrance-free-worlds" ....aaaah it's wonderful and such an adventure for me;

long story short, i had not realized that so many people had been aware of Atelier since quite a while back, and that it seems for most to be a remembering summer camp sort of feeling...that's great, and very interesting for me to read about

...going back to summer camp days would be the original, the first ever,

Chanel No.5 ... my mother used to wear it when she got all dressed-up and gorgeous, looking like a movie star, smelling so "wow!" when her and my father went out, we were just kids then, and my mom and dad were the most gorgeous people around town...:) they still are : mom is 78 and dad is 83 awesome 🙂

Fun topic!  

Atelier Cologne was never on my radar, as most of the "best-sellers" from their core line that they frequently promote are their citrus scents, and I'm not at all a citrus perfume person.  They've stepped away from the citrus theme for some of their recent releases in the past year or two, and some of them have caught my interest...

1.  Oud Saphir -- To me this smells like a medicinal herbal take on oud, which I find so unique.

2.  Vanille Incensee -- I love how cozy / warm this smells, with a hint of smokiness

3.  Santal Carmin -- Like a woody cousin to Oud Saphir.  

4.  Rose Anonyme -- I'm a sucker for straightforward rose scents.  

I don't have a 5th favorite, but reading this post has put Cafe Tuberosa on my radar.  Will definitely be testing this one the next time I'm in my local store.

hi there CC !  "Fun topic!" : thank you for that 🙂

🙂  thank you for your votes and your comments on your faves;

glad to get more descriptives about my new mystery Oud Saphir 🙂 can't wait to get my hands on it 🙂 

"Santal Carmin -- Like a woody cousin to Oud Saphir." : oh my, can't wait for this one too, now very curious 🙂 ... i can see the holidays this year could be quite memorable.

Question: do you find that citrus twists give a man more of a "hmm...mmm...zesty..hug me" aura ?? or was i just in a good mood that day

🙂

I agree with you, TurquoiseRose, for #1 Cédrat Enivrant! It makes me feel so pleasantly enivrant, just like its name!

1. Cédrat Enivrant

2. Pomélo Paradis

3. Orange Sanguine

4. Bergamote Soleil

5. Rose Anonyme

These scents are so true to what the actual fruit smells like, with extra jazz. I wish all of these would project more and last longer.

What I can't stand is Tobacco Nuit and Mandarine Glaciale. TN has cumin, and cumin and I aren't good friends. MG smells like celery. There are people whose skin chemistry works with these two, and they can totally rock them!

🙂 thank you Jon for your votes and comments 🙂

awesome!!!  your " #1 Cédrat Enivrant!" yes !!! i could melt and walk on clouds all day with this Cédrat ...oh, just like you said, yes "Enivrant" in so many ways, yummy.

i totally agree with you about the cumin note ...it just doesn't sing to me at all (regardless of the House that's uses it),

also i can understand the skin chemistry issue with Mandarine Glaciale, for me, it would be because of the oakmoss and vetiver notes not dancing to the same song,

Question for you: what are some of your regular fragrances, what do you like to wear ? 🙂

I love this Fragrance house. The first three or four are all first place but in different seasons 

1. Rose this scent combination of rose an oud is my top choice for fall

2. Clementine is my favorite summer scent

3. Tuberose is the perfect gourmand for winter holidays.  The cardamom smells like Christmas and thanksgiving 

4. Santal is a must have coffee house or poetry event fragrance 

5. Magnolia, Forgot how much I love  this in spring

Vanilla and Orange for second choice every season o, I love them according to my mood all the time

This is one of my favorite fragrance lines,  love this thread 

excellent !! thank you for your votes and your comments, so very glad you love the Atelier, and thank you for adding your preferences for seasons and occasions for different frags, it sounds perfect  🙂 ...  i love tuberose, but never thought of Tuberosa for xmas time so i will try it this year 🙂

well said: "I love them according to my mood all the time" = ditto for me

one can't miss with Atelier's 🙂

some that i am very interested in i have not had the privilege of trying. but of what i have tried....

1. rose anonyme. one of my favorite roses. complex and surprising.

2. mandarin glacial. not usually the type of scent i'd go for or even be drawn to. but we've gotta have an exception to every rule ! i'm a sucker for ginger. i wore this in hawaii years ago, so i have memories attached to it too ❤️

3. vanille insensee. i was not a fan the first time i tried this. but worn in the right season, it's bliss. the vanilla is creamy and not too sugary, and the oakmoss--which is what initially put me off of it--is so old fashioned it's, i dare say, fresh again ! i wore a sample of this last autumn and it sunk into my sweater and stayed for days--it's such a cozy scent. i provided loadddds of samples of all sorts of fragrances to my best friend for her to choose her 'wedding perfume', and this is what she chose ! i purchased a full size for her. and it's perfect for an autumnal wedding in a mountain setting. the oakmoss making it sophisticated and womanly rather than girlish the way sugary vanillas can be.

4. citron d'erable. i don't really wear this, but it reminds me of something so intensely that i've yet been able to place, that i keep coming back to it. this mysterious mistress, I'LL FIGURE YOU OUT !

i am not a huge citrus wearer (mandarin glacial being the wacky exception). as notes, totally, but as the center of a fragrance, not so much. so a lot of atelier cologne doesn't suit me--particularly the more accessible ones. but i imagine if i had a chance to properly experience oud saphir (i do have a tiny sample and need to find it), oolong infini, figeur ardent, santal carmin and (especially) the collection orient (encens jinhae and philtre ceylon in particular), they all would be rated too !

hey again 🙂

forgot to mention what an awesome description and comment you wrote

for Vanille Insensée , especially the key words:  "it's bliss" , "such a cozy scent"      ("in autumn"...you are so right) , and " the oakmoss making it sophisticated and womanly rather than girlish the way sugary vanillas can be."  ...true, true, you are so right, Atelier Cologne should print this in one of their brochures or catalogues; you really know your ingredients (notes) ;

*** light bulb!!! yes, i will also be doing several "jot it down darling-description surveys" soon in which i would name a fragrance or two, and participants would write their best description in one full sentence...:) ... and i can't wait to read yours

🙂

hello again,  i was just responding to another Citron d'Érable fan about how i use this fragrance (mostly like an aromatherapy refresher-energizer), and then it reminded me of your comments: the enigma 🙂

"4. citron d'erable. i don't really wear this, but it reminds me of something so intensely that i've yet been able to place, that i keep coming back to it. this mysterious mistress, I'LL FIGURE YOU OUT ! " 

🙂 let me know when you've solved the mystery 🙂

i'm still waiting to solve my own "Oud Saphir" and "Bois Blonds" which i've yet to receive (can't wait) 🙂

thank you so much for your choices, comments  🙂

good list and great feedback for someone who might be considering a spritz; glad to get your perspective on Vanille Insensee...it's OhSoNice..they probably use a vanilla from another planet...and , yes, what a perfect wedding gift;

i have nit yet tried Rose Anonyme but it's on my xmas list (i love all its ingredients which will, i hope, calm down that almost "too much"rose richness

...so will add in a 5th choice after doing some reconn ?

(for myself, I cannot tolerate "Figuier Ardent ", but two of my friends love it)

Please stay tuned still a few weeks as we add votes and keep tally: i'll post "so far so good: closest to the gate" tally this weekend 🙂

1. Grand Neroli

2. Bois Blonds

3. Rose Anonyme

4. Santal Carmin

5. Oud Saphir

Honorable mentions - Silver Iris, Clementine California and Mandarin Glaciale...oh, and Sud Magnolia. I can't pick just 5! haha 😂

Thank you for your faves;

that's a yummy list ....especially Encens Jinhae (have not tried yet);

i wonder just how much this one would fit into my "OMG waaaat was dat?!" list;

you have an excellent list 🙂

Ooh I love me some Atelier.

1. Silver Iris

2. Mandarin Glacial (Probably Spelled Wrong.)

3. Citron D'Erable

4. Pomelo Paradis

5. Clementine California

Hello and thank you so much for your votes on Atelier, they are all so "Rich in Zen Zing" .... that Silver Iris seems like quite the ultimate soft powdery one of the

collection (?- have not tried it yet)

thank you again for your vote

🙂

@TurquoiseRoseI get zero powdery smell from Silver Iris.

ok, i'm curious now, how would you describe Silver Iris after it settles ?

and what does it smell like the most for you ? 

...what about a patchouli and musk blend with a zing of pink pepper and amber, oh, that would be nice indeed

🙂

@TurquoiseRose I'll use it in a few days, when I'm not working and let you know.

🙂   and....did you use it again ??? how was it ???

oh, wanted to ask what's your top 2 go-to for work, or shopping, etc?

🙂

28 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 37 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing