Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Summer Scents

Does anyone know of some nice beachy fragrances that don't smell too much like sunscreen? I have tried Replica's Beach Walk, and I am not fond of it.

Re: Summer Scents

Tory Burch Just Like Heaven, Pinrose SunSaint, Tom Ford Soleil Blanc.

@octopusme,

I just smelled the new the Philosophy Pure Grace Endless Summer Eau de Toilette and it was really pretty/soft scent for summer. It is a fruity floral scent.

https://www.sephora.com/product/pure-grace-endless-summer-eau-de-toilette-P427921?skuId=2039063&icid...

❤️ Melissa

Everyone made really great suggestions! I'm personally not a fan of beachy scents so I haven't tested any of these on my skin but if you're still on the lookout, a few beachy fragrances that come to mind:

@pocketvenus  Fils de Dieu has been on my radar for a couple weeks.  The notes intrigue me so much - actually the house of ELDO is mysterious to me... I want to try Fat Electrician, FdD, You or Someone Like You, and Noel Barcon (sp?).  But Fils de Dieu really sticks out since I was adopted from the Philippines and haven't been back since I was born.  I feel like it would be a fragrance that could capture some distant memory I had before I left. 

@modernwarpaint- ELDO is experimental so it has hits and misses. The hits though, are fantastic. But its fragrances don't aim to please everyone so even some of the great ones are not necessarily easy to wear. Fils de Dieu is pretty mild though and actually does smell like jasmine rice, coconut, all those notes 🙂 Like the pumpkin-spicey Like This, it's not actually a gourmand. If you like vetiver, Fat Electrician is sooooooo good. It is perhaps my favourite of the house, or at least in the top three.

Versace Eros pour Femme comes off as a summer scent to me.  It's fruity, with a top note of lemon - with subtle hints of jasmine and musk.  Gives off a summer feel to me which could translate as a beach scent.

@modernwarpaint Is the Versace a heavy or light fragrance? I love citrus but am a little afraid of the musk. Can you get samples of this anywhere?

@yankeefaithful - oh yes, this is a fairly accessible fragrance.  I've seen it at Dillard's, Sephora, Macy's, Nordstrom, and even a smaller retailer like Bealls (I'm in TX, I'm not sure how spread out they are).  Definitely try it on the skin (see why below).

I would consider this a light fragrance - starting off with a bright, zesty lemon and sweet fruitiness.  It's juicy.  I wouldn't worry too much about the musk; it is overshadowed by the top and mid notes.  The first time I tried this, it smelled youthful and fruity, but not childish - I loved the opening.  It is reminiscent of Escada perfumes.  As it dried down, it started smelling like sour bubblegum, so I wrote it off.

Last night, I tried the EDP formulation, and it just smelled great all the way through.  I am going to get samples of both the EDT and EDP and do a side-by-side and see how they develop differently.  Now I actually like this fragrance.

@modernwarpaint  Thanks alot! I have trouble (so does my husband) with many fragrances, so I've stayed with tried and true like L'occitane Lemon Verbena. I found where I could get a rollerball of the Versace if I can't get a sample. So you would go with EDP? I also found a set with the lotion. I always love to layer if I like the fragrance. Thanks again!😊 

@yankeefaithful - No problem.  I would definitely test it first.  When I first tried it, I was only a fan of the opening and didn’t care for the dry down.  The 2nd try was much better.  This is why I’m going to sample and compare.  I’ll follow up with you on my findings!  Sephora sells a rollerball, but not a fan of rollerballs.  Let me know what you think when you try it out.  

Creed Virgin Island Water is my favorite summer scent. 

My favorite beachy scents are Bobbi Brown Beach, Tom Ford Neroli Portofino, and two from Jo Malone: Lime Basil & Mandarin and Basil & Neroli. Have fun finding your new favorite scent!

RE: Summer Scents

I just fell in love with Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc. It’s pricey but amazing, and the best summer scent I’ve found. The first notes *do* remind me of the scent of Hawaiian Tropic, but without that actual “sunscreen” smell. It also develops so incredibly on the skin. I can’t stop smelling my wrist throughout the day. 🙂

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess - this one is in the same general family as Beach Walk and Bobbi Brown's Beach, but the amber and cashmere provide a warm foundation that is more sensual than the other two.  I envision being on vacation, and after a long day out in the sun, the sun is finally setting - I'm walking in my long, flowy dress to an open air restaurant along the beach.  The evening lights glow onto my sunkissed skin, and my hubby stares into my eyes like I'm looking effortlessly sexy.  lmao! 

Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Coco - this is tropical, without the literal idea of being on the beach.  It's sweeter with notes of vanilla, coconut, cream, and banana.   Not much in this that fully grounds this scent or offers a balancing act, but it's a safe route if you aren't looking for anything more. 

I should mention Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt - it's not your typical daytime, beachy, tropical fragrance, but it does smell fresh, woody, and like and overcast beach in the morning, but a shoreline with smooth stones rather than all sand. 

Tom Ford Soleil Blanc is again, a tropical type scent, but this one is unique for me because of how creamy it pulls.  There is a note of pistachio in this that creates that almost nutty, oaty flavor and almost reminds me a drinking cereal milk.  This has the ubiquitous jasmine, ylang ylang (white floral) combo that a lot of beach scents tend to use (along with tiare flower).  I'm pretty sure MM Beach Walk has the same white floral in the heart.   

This isn't a perfume - but one of my favorite body products is the Body Shop's Coconut body butter.   I love using this in the summer to not only hydrate my skin, but the scent is light and fresh coconut. 

@modernwarpaint You are really selling me on Tom Ford Sol...

@modernwarpaint You are really selling me on Tom Ford Soleil Blanc. That sounds absolutely lovely! I just bought Guerlain Terracotta, but I might have to look into that one too.

Re: @modernwarpaint You are really selling me on Tom Ford Sol...

@octopusme I came here to suggest Soleil Blanc as well. I would check out both the original and the eau de Soleil Blanc. 

Re: @modernwarpaint You are really selling me on Tom Ford Sol...

@octopusme - definitely try a sample.  I got my sample from Dillard's - it smells amazing on paper, but on me, it pulled more floral than I had wanted.  The pistachio note grabbed me the most.  Best of luck!

Hi, @octopusme.

I'd recommend trying Guerlain Terracotta Le Parfume. It's a beachy white floral, and is one of my favorite summer scents. The perfume isn't sold at Sephora, though, but it's currently in-stock online at Saks, Dillards, and QVC.

Here are the perfume notes:

Top: bergamot, coconut, tiare flower

Middle: orange blossom, jasmine, ylang-ylang

Base: musk, vanilla

Also, there are some more beachy perfume suggestions in the thread below:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Floral-Scents/Recommendations-for-a-beach-y-perfume/m-p/3838034

I hope this helps!

The Bobbi Brown Beach fragrance is lovely if you have not smelled that one yet! 

https://www.sephora.com/product/beach-fragrance-P270559?skuId=1289594&icid2=products%20grid:p270559

This is definitely a beach fragrance, but I think this one pulls more 'suntan lotion' than MM Beach Walk.  This to me smells like pure, unadulterated suntan lotion. 

22 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 48 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
testing