Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Signature scent, or fragrance wardrobe?

Which do you prefer, and why? 

Tags:

Re: Signature scent, or fragrance wardrobe?

@Lleo I'd love a fragrance wardrobe, but I find them so expensive that I just stick to one at a time.  Of course I have A LOT of samples, but I save them for my sister who is mad about EDTs!  🙂

I prefer a wardrobe, I don't like being confined to only one thing, I like options!

Hi @Samtian,

I completely agree with you! I have a lot of fragrances that work well for me. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

Like @suzyo , I went signature for years, then it stopped agreeing with me and I began experimenting.  Since then, it's really based on how I feel, or how I want too feel (on dreary days, I may wear a light, bubbly scent to lift my spirits, for example). @Lleo

I'm a little of both. I have a favorite scent, and I can't envision a time where I'd ever get bored with it if I were to wear it exclusively. It's my fall back any day of the week, any time of the year. I do go through spurts where I want to test other scents and see if I come across anything I like better, and while I do find other scents I don't mind adding into the rotation from time to time, I never find one as perfect for me as SJP Stash 💜

@Lleo,

Great question! I prefer a signature scent however, I find myself switching it up during the summer and winter months. I have a summer and a winter fragrance:)

❤️ Melissa

@Lleo A signature scent is personal, it is the one single fragrance that represents you. This is what you wear each day and this is the scent people know you by. A person with ten, hundreds, or even thousands of fragrances cannot shackle themseves to a single fragrace, without neglecting all of the others. People come to know you as the one that always smells different yet always smells nice. I cannot wear only one, as I enjoy exploring the variety of fragrances. I would also get bored with the same scent day after day.

Great question!

I'm like @alexasteph, I don't like committing to one scent and like to change things up for the seasons but also my mood, what I'm wearing that day and so on. I probably couldn't even stick to one scent for a week!

Having said that, there are fragrances I return to over and over. Fat Electrician by Etat Libre d'Orange. Timbuktu and Dzongkha by L'Artisan Parfumeur. A number of Frederic Malles and CdGs. A couple of the Kilian Ouds. Puredistance M.

For years I preferred a signature scent, but then somehow developed a wardrobe. I think it could have been because I discovered Escada's LE scents and there is no way I could pick just one. Then I just preferred a variety I guess.

Definitely fragrance wardrobe! I have a few specific fragrances that I love and some that I prefer for certain times of the year. Like my YSL Black Opium or GA Si that I love more for fall/winter compared to D&G Dolce or Marc Jacobs Daisy for the spring/summer. Though definitely if I had to pick a signature scent, it would be Rosa Excelsa from D&G. It's my absolute favorite that I love to wear year-round.

I've been wearing  STELLA MCCARTNEY - Stella since it first came out - so for nearly 15 years now! For a time I tried some other perfumes, but I always just missed Stella. I think the scent just compliments my own natural scent, somehow -- I've had other friends try it and then be like "But it doesn't smell as good on me!".

I like keeping it as my signature scent because I often have friends tell me that when they smell it on a passerby, it reminds them of me.

Though - I do get perfume samples from Sephora from time to time and keep them in my handbags for when I might need to reapply scent for some reason -- so I occasionally have a scent holiday!

@Lleo I like a fragrance woredrobe with a dependable scent too fall back on. Mainly because I’m non-committal. Also, because I like to wear different scents based on the season. Citruses and white florals for the spring/summer, musks and gourmands (as long as they aren’t too sweet) for the fall/winter.  

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 67 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
testing