Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Purchased a Bigger Item with Bonus Gift: I did not get the bonus nor my free samples.

I purchased a bigger item because of the bonus gift that was offered when you click the item (with the little picture on the product), and I just received my delivery and to my surprise I got neither a bonus gift nor the samples I had requested. Now, this makes me a bit angry because the whole reason I was willing to spend $100 was because of the bonus the product offered, I assumed that it would be added to my delivery and I would be surprised with the item upon opening the box, aaaand nothing! Absolutely nothing. Not even the samples that I had requested came in. I call this false advertisement. Why have the image with the bonus gift in the item description if Sephora is not giving one and why offer samples if there's none. Why not just send an email saying "sorry, we are out of this product or we no longer have it in stock"?. I'm heavily thinking about returning my item considering I feel like I have been fooled. Anyone else experience this with a product that advertised a bonus item with the purchase?

Re: Purchased a Bigger Item with Bonus Gift: I did not get the bonus nor my free samples.

@NotHappyNow Bonus gifts have a code, that's added to add to the cart during checkout. It needs to be on the order to actually receive. 

Are you using the app? There are a few issues with it. If not, on the mobile site at the top of product page, is the gift info or in middle of page on full site. Also on the offers page - https://www.sephora.com/beauty/beauty-offers

As for samples, there is a disclaimer about substitutions on that page. 

You can try Customer Service.

RE: Purchased a Bigger Item with Bonus Gift: I did not get the bonus nor my free samples.

I’ve had the same issue, and called customer service. They will do what they can to make it right for you. Sorry this had to happen thou. Nothing’s worse than the excitement of opening a Sephora box, then getting let down.

Re: RE: Purchased a Bigger Item with Bonus Gift: I did not get the bonus nor my free samples.

It really is disappointing, I guess I will have to put more thought into my purchases from now on.

Re: Purchased a Bigger Item with Bonus Gift: I did not get the bonus nor my free samples.

If it said 'While supplies last' then you are probably out of luck for the bonus gift.  You will only get the bonus gift if they still have it in stock.  This is true for any company offering a bonus gift with purchase.  Now, you should have gotten some samples with your order even if they aren't the ones you requested.  If the ones you requested are out of stock, they will normally replace it with another sample.  So did you not get any samples at all?

I was not aware of the "while supplies last thing" I did not see anything like that on the page, might've missed it but I only got one replacement sample product which is alright, considering they are free, I am mostly bummed over the "bonus gift".

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing