Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
Anonymous Insider

Perfume

What are good in expensive perfumes for girls who like vanilla , lavender , ocean-y , cologne-y scents ? 

Re: Perfume

A great vanilla and lavender fragrance is Mon Guerlain. There is nothing fresh/beachy/aquatic about it though. Mon Guerlain certainly ticks two of your boxes but the notes of vanilla and lavender are generally associated more with warm, floral, sweet type perfumes.

GUERLAIN Mon Guerlain Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Perfume

Viktor and Rolf Lavender Illusion.

@kaylagirl53,

One of my favorites this time of year is the Philosophy Fresh Cream! It always put me in the holiday mood:)!

https://www.sephora.com/product/fresh-cream-P387548?skuId=1639483

❤️ Melissa

If you mean all these notes together, that's not a typical combination. I honestly couldn't think of anything that was aquatic+vanilla+lavender, but I found a fragrance called Laboratorio Olfattivo’s Salina described as such

Plump with lemon zest, sea salt, pine needles, vanilla, white musk, cedar, marine spray, hot sand and lavender, it lets you taste the salt on your lips, feel the ozone in your lungs and savour the dappled sunlight on your skin, as the rays penetrate the green pine-forest paths that lead you down, through fragrant coastal flora, to the azure sea.

I've never smelled Salina before though, so have no idea what it's actually like.

Otherwise, Atelier Cologne's Vanille Insensee is a lightish vanilla that might work for you. Lavender-vanilla is pretty common too. Histoires de Parfums 1725 Casanova has a kind of lavender meets vanilla-almond thing going on. If you're looking for a fresher/cologne-like take on lavender-vanilla, try looking up fougeres which are based on lavender-coumarin.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing