Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Perfume that smells like sage or rosemary

Hi everyone! I was in Sephora Sydney, and they gave me a sample of this amazing perfume that smelt like sage or rosemary or some kind of herb, does anyone know what this perfume could be? It is long-lasting and not one of the big major brands. I would love to buy it from the US. Hoping someone knows what it is! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 Thanks everyone! Also thinking about it, it could have had a smell of oregano or basil maybe, some sort of herb. the brands that I think it could be are: Commodity Kat Von D Tom Ford Unknown brands except to Sephora- ie not big name perfumes Nervana

Re: Perfume that smells like sage or rosemary

I wonder if it was Vetiver Fatal by Atelier Cologne or Cedar Atlas by Atelier Cologne! Definitely try these! They are amazing 🙂

RE: Re: Perfume that smells like sage or rosemary

Thanks a lot! I am going to NY I’ll take the sample with me and ask them!!

@SarahshizzelBecause the herbs you have mentioned all smell very different, I'm wondering if it was a more general green-ness you liked? Or did the Sephora cast member mention a specific herb/there was an herb in the notes pyramid? If it smells more just green and herbacious, it's doubtful it's Kat von D. It might be one of the Tom Ford Verts although they do not carry testers of the Vert line in stores to my knowledge. It's possible you've tried a Clean @ Sephora fragrance. Olmstad & V by Phlur, or Bois de Balincourt by Maison Louie Marie. These don't have herbs you mentioned, but they're greenish.

Try looking at strong vetiver perfumes, or those with galbanum. These smell very "green."

If you can describe the scent more it would help. Is it fresh? Fuzzy? Smooth? Sparkling? Sweet? Heavy? Aquatic?

Hi and thanks for the details, you make some very good points here! It must have been a strong vétiver fragrance because that’s what I normally like, it’s definitely not grey vétiver by Tom Ford. It was also long lasting, it was probably not from the clean range either as I’m not a fan. Thanks for your help!

Re: RE: Re: Perfume that smells like sage or rosemary

@Sarahshizzel, probably not the house Clean then but possibly one of the "Clean at Sephora" houses which include Phlur, 7 Virtues and so on. There's the new Terre d'Hermes Vetiver flanker that's a bit heavier and it's classified as a male fragrance. Serge Lutens also has a vetiver.

Hi @Sarahshizzel !

It's really hard to say without knowing a bit more information, or even knowing for certain what note(s) the fragrance includes. Do you remember if it was it a women's fragrance or a men's?

@tastelikewater has made some good suggestions! I'll try to suggest a few more

Yuni Beauty Pocket Savasana

ACQUA DI PARMA - Colonia

TOM FORD - Beau de Jour

TOM FORD Jasmin Rouge Eau de Parfum Fragrance 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

TOM FORD - Grey Vetiver Eau de Parfum

TOM FORD - Fougere Platine

TOM FORD - Noir Eau de Toilette

ETAT LIBRE D'ORANGE - Bijou Romantique

VIKTOR&ROLF - Magic Dirty Trick

ATELIER COLOGNE - Atelier Cologne Musc Impérial Pure Perfume

Thanks lachaton for these, I will look into them!!

Some thoughts, just based on searching: 

Sage: JO MALONE LONDON - Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne, VIKTOR&ROLF - Magic Sage Spell

Rosemary: MAISON MARGIELA - ’REPLICA’ At The Barber’s Travel Spray

Other "earthy greens & herbs" fragrances: Jo Malone London Basil & Neroli Cologne 3.4 oz/ 100 mLNEST - Verde

Thanks tastelikewater! It was one of these cult brands I think... I’ll have to go test them out! Thanks again
9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing