Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Opinions Wanted: Your Go-To Niche Fragrances

I hear a lot of chatter in the community about various fragrance brands and formats. It seems that niche fragrances are becoming a hot topic and I'm loving all the brands I learn about from you all! 

We want to celebrate these smaller brands that are truly unique and give you that artisanal, fancy feeling or that sassy, Friday night feeling ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

What is your favorite "niche" fragrance brand at Sephora? What about your favorite scent? Don't forget to tell us why!

Re: Opinions Wanted: Your Go-To Niche Fragrances

I love this topic, and I'm also glad to see Sephora increasing their range with this category. It's a really competitive market, so I think we're going to start seeing more uncommon fragrance trends as a result. 

I have been really enjoying the Pinrose Perfumeshttps://www.sephora.com/pinrose?products=all&icid2=pinrose_shopall_image

They've revamped their line since I last purchased from them, but I'm a huge fan of Garden Gangster

https://www.sephora.com/product/garden-gangster-P407367?icid2=similar%20products:p407367:product

When I last sampled the line, each scent felt very intimate, which is what makes the company stand out to me. I like the idea of layering scents, even though I seldom do so. I think it makes the brand more approachable to beginners who want to really explore whats behind the designer realm, and to find something more unique. 

Surprisingly nobody mentions my favorite brand Tom Ford. I have Jasmine Rouge, Shanghai Lily, and Fleur de Portofino. I wouldnโ€™t mind to have Venetian Bergamot, Cafe Rose and Soleil Blanc ๐Ÿ˜‰ I also love Jo Malone (I have way too many). Nobody for Dolce & Garbana Light Blue, or The Ones? Couple other brands that Sephora doesnโ€™t carry that I like Creed, Giorgio Armani Prive and Diptyque 

I'm so glad you posted this, @blackkitty2014! There are a lot of Tom Ford fragrance fans on BIC and I forgot to mention that I wore Oud Wood frequently for awhile. Ford played a major role in bringing niche fragrance into the mainstream and turning industry away from the celebrity/fruitchouli scents that dominated the 90s and early 2000s, so even though it's not my favourite house now, it will always have my respect โค๏ธ

I think Tom Ford is outside the realm of niche fragrance, but I would agree that's a lovely scent. 

At Sephora my favorite is Jo Malone.

Not sold at Sephora is Penhaligon's.   I think that most of the scents from both Jo Malone and Penhaligon's can evoke the same 'natural' feel of fresh flowers and herbs picked from a nice garden. That's what I really love about them (that and they have good fixation). I feel that Atelier Cologne has the same idea, but their scents just don't work for me.

I also like  L'Artisan Parfumeur that Sephora used to carry (why not anymore?).

I wish I knew what happened too. It's such a great house. I noticed their fragrances were no longer sold at Sephora shortly after the bottle designs changed so maybe there were a lot of changes in the business around that time?

@pocketvenus you are right, that may well be the reason.

RE: Opinions Wanted: Your Go-To Niche Fragrances

Im starting to collect Jo Malone colognes , started with LE Magnolia, Mimosa , Peony Blush and my summer spring scent obsession Nectarine And Honey ๐Ÿ’—

My new favourite perfume from Sephora and Brand is Derek Lam 10 Crosby "Drunk on Youth" it's the perfect spring summer scent if like fruity floral perfumes. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐ŸปIMG_2316.JPG

My favourite niche brand at Sephora was Etat Libre d'Orange. Now it is probably Serge Lutens.

My favourite niche houses right now are Roja Dove, Frederic Malle, L'Artisan Parfumeur and some smaller houses like Mona di Orio, Nasomatto, etc. I don't think any of these would perform well at Sephora though!

I think Le Labo, Diptyque and Byredo would appeal to Sephora's customers. Plus they are well known and Instagram friendly. I see Creed mentioned a fair bit, which surprized me, but some BIC members like the house. Bond no.9 as well. 4160 Tuesdays could be fun, but I don't think they have the means to be sold through the store and I'm not sure they'd like to. Maybe Penhaligon's or Tauer?

I need to order myself a sample sets of Etat Libre d'Orange @pocketvenus.  I'm so curious about the house.

@pocketvenus  I second the Penhaligon suggestion- that brand sounds very interesting. 

Really want to try the Penhaligon sample set. My English MIL got me a Penhaligon Blenheim Bouquet shower gel for Xmas and I have been HOARDING it. So fresh, but very complex.

Iโ€™ve never seen Serge in Sephora, is it sold in the US

@howconnie- I assumed it was available in the US but can't find it on the US website ๐Ÿ˜ž

Opinions Wanted: Your Go-To Niche Fragrances

@KatieBT My current favourite is Jo Malone Blackberry and Bay. For a while I couldn't get enough of Maison Margiela Replica Funfair Evening, however sadly this scent is no longer available for purchase at Sephora. I'm always on the hunt for a new favorite!

Sephora now carries so many brands I have fallen in love with: Jo Malone (honestly there's a scent for every mood so I can't narrow it down to just one favorite!); Juliette Has a Gun (Midnight Oud); Kilian (Voulez-vous Couchez Avec Moi); Derek Lam 10 Crosby (Blackout and 2AM Kiss); Commodity (I'm loving all of the Platinum Collection); and Maison Margiela REPLICA (Beach Walk, By the Fireplace, and Jazz Club). I would love to see Diptyque and Byredo sold at Sephora next!

The niche fragrances are really special 

I was introduced to Ateliers Tuberose cafe last year and have gone on to enjoy Clementine California.

M M by the fireplace 

jo Malone English pear and freesia 

Ellis Sci fi

These are the niche scents that I adore. 

I've been wanting to try the jo Malone English pear and freesia. 

How is the freesia note @howconnie?  Is it detectable, or is the fruit dominant?

I think the freesia dominates but the pear is always there.

Hmmm.... I'll check this one out.  I wore a bath & body works freesia scent when I was younger, and have been eager to find more mature one.

Thx for the Intel @howconnie!  You're my 'perfume whisperer ' ๐Ÿ˜„

Conversation Stats
Photos10
  • IMG_2316.JPG
  • MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1530948325089.jpg_1530948341740.jpeg
  • IMG-5914.jpg
  • IMG-5911.jpg
  • IMG-5913.jpg
  • IMG-5909.jpg
  • IMG-5910.jpg
  • IMG-5907.jpg
  • IMG-5908.jpg