Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

New Elizabeth & James Nirvana Fragrances!!

Hey Perfume Posse!! What are your thoughts on the new Elizabeth & James Nirvana Fragrances, Amethyst & French Grey?? I think my personal favorite is Amethyst of the two - but I'm tempted to treat myself to both - especially with the extra points promotion happening!! 

Re: New Elizabeth & James Nirvana Fragrances!!

I won't be trying either of these. I hate the smell of tobacco and lavender. If Amethyst had something besides tobacco I'd love to try it.

I enjoy lavender so found French Grey's citrusy lavender opening to be pleasant, but I haven't tested it on my skin. Seems like an easy, casual wear.

I have the bourbon scent, and still bought the new amethy...

I have the bourbon scent, and still bought the new amethyst because it was lighter and more summery to me. They are very similar, but it was worth it. I don't love florals, so I passed on the french grey.

I ordered both in the rollerball size!!! Based on amethysts description, I think ill love it layered with black and rose! Not sure about the other one, im hoping I like it!

Oh I LOVE the idea of layering them!!! Let me know how you like Amethyst with Black & Rose - I'll have to try myself! 

@emilyann507 I haven't try them yet. I was hoping they will be in the free sample section soon but so far no luck. I have to try them in the store next time. My favorite so far is White and I love the dry shampoo. 

Hopefully they'll have samples soon!! You gotta try them!

I LOVE the white dry shampoo too - that and the black one, both my go-to's! 

I picked up Amethyst when it first came out and was a little disappointed. It smells similar to the nirvana black and bourbon fragrances. It's not that I don't like Amethyst, but it's not different enough for me. Unfortunately I think it will be going back as I would rather splurge on a new bottle of nirvana bourbon since that one tends to be my go-to. I haven't tried French Grey just yet, but I'm intrigued!

Ah totally, Bourbon is a great one!! It's so hard to choose from the 6 for me haha

I liked French Grey too, its definitely different from the rest of the Nirvana fragrances especially compared to Amethyst since it has similar notes to Black! 

Have you tried the Bourbon dry shampoo?? I've only tried Black & White! Maybe that will be my next buy when I run out of my Black bottle 

I haven't tried either of the new fragrances yet. I do like their Black though so I may give Amethyst a sniff since you said you like it! Plus I love the name 😄

Yes you should!! Let me know what you think! I love the name too - it's so unique compared to the rest of the collection, and the bottle is SO beautiful 

I didn't end up trying Amethyst because I heard it's very similar to Black, did you find that to be true?

i got a sample of French Grey and didn't care for it. I found it to be a little harshly herbal/fresh, like some kind of medicine

Nirvana White is one of my absolute favorite fragrances, but I'm sad that so far I haven't cared for the others in the line

I didn't find it that similar to Black actually - that is so interesting to hear!

I find Amethyst to definitely have a bit of sweet-ness to it, which I don't feel like Black has at all. Black has always been my favorite but Amethyst is now definitely my runner-up!!

I would give Amethyst a shot - I think it has a bit more of a similarity to White actually as opposed to Black, you may just love it 🙂 

Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing