Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

NEED A RECOMMENDATION FOR PERFUME

Best strong sweet vanilla perfume recommendations?!❣️ I'm looking for something that's long wearing as well!

The Prada Candy 🍬 smells like vanilla once it dries!

The Prada Candy 🍬 smells like vanilla once it dries!

Re: NEED A RECOMMENDATION FOR PERFUME

Philosophy Compassionate is a good one to try too.

Chanel's Allure edp is vanilla heavy and long lasting. It is nicely balanced with floral notes and isnt too cloying or sickly like many other fragrances with strong vanilla bases.

RE: Re: NEED A RECOMMENDATION FOR PERFUME

Thank you so much for the recommendation!!

Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Abricot or other scents in their range are great, and definitely on the sweeter side...been told I smell like cookies when wearing it.

Thank you so much for the recommendation it's much appreciated

I think Philosophy Fresh Cream is a pretty vanilla scent.

@moonx3 @AjaG123 The Philosophy Fresh Cream also sprang to my mind!  

I was wondering if they changed it, though.  I bought a bottle years ago and loved it - but when I re-purchased it smelled different and was a different color.  Philosophy wouldn't confirm or deny.  Just curious!

Weird! Thanks for the input!

greeneyedgirl107 wrote:

@moonx3 @AjaG123 The Philosophy Fresh Cream also sprang to my mind!  

I was wondering if they changed it, though.  I bought a bottle years ago and loved it - but when I re-purchased it smelled different and was a different color.  Philosophy wouldn't confirm or deny.  Just curious!

*I don't know if they changed it, but you can always try the rollerball 1st to see if you really like it.  I will often buy rollerball 1st coz they're cheaper and then if you like it, you can also pick up the regular size and throw the rollerball in your purse.  Also, if I decide I don't like the rollerball scent enough to buy the full size, I will still use the rollerball scent to mix with other scents to create a true signature scent.  Sometimes you can create a really beautiful scent by combining 2 or 3 scents, especially non-complex scents like vanilla and my favorite,  Bergamot.  Vanilla can sweeten or warm up another fragrance,  while Bergamot can lighten and brighten another fragrance to create a fresher scent.  Simple-note fragrances are better for combing with other more complex fragrances. 

I like Atelier Vanille Insensee. As a bonus, layer with Atelier Orange Sanguine for an orange creamsicle effect. 

Sounds amazing! Thank you so much!

Have you tried any of the LAVANILA fragrances?  I have one from a few years back and it is still strong and sweet as ever!

I've never! Thank you so much! Will definitely try. 😄
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing