Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

Mini Fragrance Sample Containers

Sephora needs to carry the mini fragrance sample containers like the ones at Nordstrom.

I buy my fragrances only if I have a sample to test at home.

What smells lovely in the tester may change on me & doesn't work for me. 

Example: I love Paloma Picasso perfume. The way it smells in the tester & on others. However, when i wear it, after about an hour, the fragrance changes on me & it isn't for me. I've sniffed my wrists, sniffed the bottle, two different scents.

Re: Mini Fragrance Sample Containers

Agreed, I've been educating myself on Basenotes to learn about how PH and the phases a scent goes through from the first sniff to hours later. It is amazingly complex, and now I know why that paper slip won't give me a clue about what I would actually smell like in two hours.

Absolutely correct, but again, it's to give me an idea of what to get an actual sample of to try on. I'm not about to buy anything that I can't even stand the smell of on paper... 😉

Oh I love that idea!! Thanks for the link TheSocialQuota and thanks for the ingenious tip m3rmald!!

Highlighted

I've never once been into a Sephora that didn't have tiny plastic vials to decant a perfume sample into.

And I've been to, ummm lemme count...... 9 Sephoras I think? In 3 different states.

If you have a store that isn't giving samples, give Sephora a phone call and let them know about that.

@M3rma1d

I have to travel a lot & enjoy going to the malls. Every mall I've ever been in with a Sephora store, I go in to see what they carry since stores vary, especially south vs, north.

I did discover something I didn't know about samples everyone needs to know about!

All four stores had samples in the drawers under the brand display. Not foils, they were deluxe mini's. I was on a mission Monday so went to all four Sephora's.

I knew they had testers & clear Ziplock looking bags in the drawers, I never knew they were actual samples in those bags until I asked one SA standing over a brand display, saw the Glamglo Pods in the baggies. I asked for samples of stuff I was interested in & if they had them in drawers, the SA's gave me one.

I was really surprised at one store that had GLAMGLOW BRIGHTMUD™ Eye Treatment. I was given two packs. I got other skincare deluxe samples as well. Some samples were sealed in individual plastic bags like the SHISEIDO
Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizing Cream.

I got a bunch of other deluxe samples from the drawers beneath the displays from all four stores. I was specific about brands & skincare. Also, I asked for samples that were behind the register, they varied store to store. 

I wanted to get a sample of Amazon Lily. That's why the fragrance vials thread. None had vials. One store SA told me about the Nordstrom fragrance vials. 

BTW, I didn't make a single purchase at any store. I went in with intent to get samples of products i was interested in trying before buying. I made that very clear to every SA that I wasn't in the store to purchase a thing without a sealed sample.

Knowing this is going to make my quest for a not-vanilla perfume easier. Thanks for dropping that update!

That's pretty ridiculous that they don't have those at your sephora. I've been to three different ones (two stand alones and one SiJCP) and they have all had those... 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 25 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos1
  • PepeLePew (2).jpg