Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Men's Fragrances

Has anyone noticed that they have really scaled back the men's fragrances in store.  My hubby took in two scent certificates to redeem. The store didn't have either one in stock.  They said they would order them for us, but never called us.  We were in the Metro Atlanta area last weekend so we tried two stores there.  No luck.  He finally had to choose other colognes he already had.  What is the point in buying the scent certificates if you can't redeem them for whatever you want?

Re: Men's Fragrances

They may carry more men’s fragrances online, but you can’t redeem a scent certificate online so that isn’t helpful to us at all!

RE: Men's Fragrances

I was looking at the same problem. One of the SA told me that in the future Sephora will have even less perfumes in the stores (like big brands perfumes) as they will replace them with exclusive brands that can’t be bought in many other places. We would have to shop online if we want something that’s not in the store.

@bsweet2bev Sadly I have noticed the same lack of men's fragrances. Sephora does have more fragrances available online than they do in stores, so you might want to check there - just use your code at check out. 

I wish they would carry more because, for instance, it is disheartening to see all the nice "feminine" Guerlain fragrances but there is not a single "men's" fragrance (like Habit Rouge, Vetiver or Derby) in sight.

😞

@Vmasterit's sad since women can wear men's fragrances as well. Although on the Canada site, you can buy Vetiver!

I really, really wish Sephora carried other Hermes fragrances like Bel Ami. I would love to buy Bel Ami through Sephora.

@pocketvenus They do? Nice! You'd think that since Sephra is owned by LVMH, they would carry a LOT more than they currently do. Funny thing is that Vetiver and Habit Rouge are rather difficult to locate here in California, as Neiman Marcus no longer carries them.

I have only found Bel Ami on Amazon and ebay. I wonder if it is still being manufactured?

@Vmasteroh wow! I always thought Vetiver was pretty classic and these days, I think it could be marketed as unisex.

It does seem to me that Sephora is primarily aiming for the teen-30 demographic, so not the generation that will gravitate toward more complex or vintage style fragrances. You often see the term "smells like an old lady" thrown around here as a negative. I've also noticed with many of the houses, the more "difficult" scents will not be offered. Honestly, I think Sephora is missing the boat by not actively marketing to older shoppers. This is the demographic with $$$ to spend on the "luxury niche" category of fragrance. Yet I can't recall ever seeing an older woman featured in a Sephora ad.

Thankfully, Hermes still makes Bel Ami! You can get it at any Hermes boutique or some department stores and there's also a Vetiver flanker 🙂

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing