Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Max Mara- anyone familiar with this scent? A question for the fragrance experts.

Greetings! Many years ago (at least 15 years ago), I used to wear this particular Max Mara perfume... it was one of my absolutely favourite scents, one I still remember clearly just by thinking of it....it was a staple in my fragrance arsenal, yet I’ve been unable to find it, or anything similar for years now. I do see it being sold online at various outlets but am unsure of who to trust, quite honestly. It doesn’t help that I moved (NYC to Las Vegas) and feel like a lost puppy. 

Any suggestions of reputable sellers? I heard rumblings that it was discontinued, and if that’s true,  is it even a wise idea to even bother purchasing the fragrance from any of these sellers? Please advise. Thanking you all in advance! 

17152F87-0CC7-44FE-8AA1-A3DB1B05CF02.jpeg

RE: Max Mara- anyone familiar with this scent? A question for the fragrance experts.

I still have a bottle of this that I’m using. I first purchased it in the Italian area of Epcot Center at Disney World. My next bottle I purchased at a Marshall’s store. Pretty sure it’s discontinued now and that makes me sad. It is a great, unique scent that I love to wear. I did find some body wash and body lotion last year online at fragrancenet.com. I wish I could find more bottles of the perfume because it’s one of my all time favorites.

Max Mara- anyone familiar with this scent? A question for the fragrance experts.

Hi Raritystar - Pocketvenus mentioned Fragrancenet- I have shopped there before and never had any issues so maybe check them out? I know they do tend to carry discontinued scents. There is also eBay but I think you have to be careful with fakes - however I have purchased Jo Malone perfumes there and they were authentic... checking the seller's feedback always helps. Good luck!

Re: Max Mara- anyone familiar with this scent? A question for the fragrance experts.

@laurakristie Thank you so much for your input, I really do appreciate it and will take a look at Fragrancenet. I did see it on eBay but felt a bit apprehensive of the sellers thus far (I’m probably the only person who’s never purchased anything on eBay, ever, yet).

Thank you again 🙂 

Re: Max Mara- anyone familiar with this scent? A question for the fragrance experts.

@Raritystar, I have never tried either, but FragranceNet and FragranceX have good reviews on basenotes, a very active perfume community. It's pretty common to see discontinued fragrances pop up on sites like this.

@pocketvenus Thank you so much for your advice! I will definitely take a look at both. Truly appreciated 🙂 

@Raritystar, you're very welcome and good luck 🙂

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • 17152F87-0CC7-44FE-8AA1-A3DB1B05CF02.jpeg
testing