Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans

Looking for a recommendation!

I’m hoping someone can help me figure out a fragrance that fits what I’m looking for. Basically I’m obsessed with Las Vegas and I’m eager to try on a perfume that smells just like when you walk into Caesar’s Palace,the Venetian, or Wynn, and etc. I know that none of the hotels smell thesame, but I’m not looking for those exact scents necessarily, rather the vibe that smells like “I’m about to gamble, have dinner on the house, and maybe get a new handbag all while being a little tipsy off mimosas and wearing a scandalously fun outfit.” I vaguely remember a gal on YouTube who mentioned Jo Malone’s Mimosa and Cardamom to remind her of Caesar’s Palace but I’m afraid a spicy scent won’t smell nice on me. Unfortunately I don’t live by a Sephora or anywhere to test the scent, and I enjoy more sweet smells such as Black Opium and Mon Paris. I’m keen to trying new fragrances however overly floral, citrus, and clean scents don’t smell nice on my skin, and I’m not even sure what type of fragrances those hotels are! Oriental maybe? Anyways I would love any and all opinions because this has been a major itch I haven’t been able to figure out for quite some time. Thank you!!!

Re: Looking for a recommendation!

Well, I looked on Fragrantica. It's a website for Perfumistas. I figured I'd look for a note "mimosa" but there is a flower  named that, but you can search for fragrances with champagne notes. Two that seemed close to what you are looking for is  Etat Libre d'Orange's "Vraie Blonde" or "Bendelirious." But  I'd advise you to get a sample or decant first! These scents are somewhat polarizing.

@AnnieBunnyBunI don't know what those hotels smell like but perfumes that say "I'm about to gamble, have dinner on the house, and maybe get a new handbag all while being a little tipsy off mimosas and wearing a scandalously fun outfit" to me are

• Gucci Rush
  • Etat Libre d'Orange Rien
  • Mugler Angel

RE: Re: Looking for a recommendation!

Haha, I know it sounds weird but I want something I want one now to reminisce in the future on fun memories such as the one described! Ultimately I’ll be blind buying but at least I’ll be able to read up on those to help make a better decision. Thank you!

@AnnieBunnyBun I can’t help you pinpoint those specific scents but there is a hotel in Vegas that smells like Philosophy Amazing Grace and it ruined it for me! I don’t remember which one it is though. It was just so overwhelming it was way too much for me. Thankfully Philosophy has those Grace “spinoffs” that are nothing like the originals that I enjoy very much.  

@AnnieBunnyBun I wonder if a call to these hotels could help you find out what types of scents they pump through their systems? I know the scents you’re talking about, and could smell them as I was reading, but unfortunately don’t have any ideas. 

RE: Re: Looking for a recommendation!

I’m glad you knew what I was saying! I just tried to call and got transferred a few times with no luck except to try again tomorrow 😭
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing