cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Let's Talk Fragrance Vibes

Fragrance Vibes GIF.gif

Has a particular scent ever made you feel beachy? Powerful? Downright sultry?! We know fragrance is complex, especially when discussing it here on a beauty forum. With the different formats, notes, and fragrance categories it can feel overwhelming so we want to make it fun to talk about our favorite perfumes, colognes, fragrance oils, candles, and any other products giving off a scent that makes you feel something. 

Different fragrances can evoke emotion and memories that may be difficult to articulate so we are starting this thread to make fragrance discussion more approachable and fun for everyone, regardless of your fragrance expertise. Whether it's a cologne that makes you feel warm and cozy or a perfume that has you feeling fresh and clean, we want you to leave comments with photos or descriptions of your favorite fragrances that correspond to each โ€œvibe.โ€ Team BIC will be jumping in to share the vibes different fragrances give us and we hope you will join us in the fun. Now is the time to get creative! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Time to channel some vibes! Let us know one of your favorite fragrances or leave a photo inspired by one of your current favorite fragrance vibes.

Re: Let's Talk Fragrance Vibes

what is a good I'm-so-tired-please-bring-on-the-weekend vibe? I'm thinking citrus-y notes ๐Ÿ™‚  

The post-SEPHORiA blues..

@LexBTHave you tried Etat Libre's Like This? It's a very cosy autumn lazy weekend perfume ๐Ÿ™‚

@pocketvenus I have not! thank you for the lazy lady recommendation โค๏ธ

@LexBTanytime! Always happy to give perfume recs ๐Ÿ™‚

i love this topic ! fragrance may be my very favorite thing. 

lately the vibe i want from my fragrance is "broad in her satin robe and bedtime lipstick--to this woman, bedtime lipstick is A Thing." obviously what fragrances give that vibe is totally subjective.

generally these are fragrances that may smell old fashioned to some (most) but i think smell fresh and alluring again. perhaps the most obvious answer is GUERLAIN Shalimar Eau de Parfum 1.6oz/50 mL. it can sometimes be something like serge lutens arabie (dried fruits and spices) or CHANEL COCO NOIR 1.7 oz (patchouli and rose with that classic chanel undercurrent running through it). i'm a huge fan of an older fragrance that i think is genius and undersung in it's beauty, jil sander n.4 (yellow flowers, carnation and resins -- you can find on amazon). 

the other vibe i go for lately is aloof. i find it so powerful. favorite ways of achieving this are through green scents. my favorites being maison martin margeila 'unitiled' (incense and galbanum), diptyque philosykos (fig leaf), xinu monstera (green leaves), and chanel n.19 / n. 19 poudre (iris and more iris). serge lutens l'orpheline is both aloof and the saddest fragrance i've ever encountered and i adore it because of that.

diptyque l'eau trois is a good one for this too (pine and myrrh) hits both these categories for me, too. aloof broad who wears fragrance for herself.

@jemlyI love the aloof vibe and green fragrances. Dusita's Le Sillage Blanc is a great one that's also very bedtime lipstick ๐Ÿ™‚

The thing I love most about fragrances is that they evoke feelings. Maison Margiela's fragrances are particularly wonderful. Beach Walk (for obvious reasons), Sailing Day reminds me of being by the water with a gentle, fresh breeze, and Flying reminds me of fresh spring air. I'm also a big fan of YSL's Black Opium, which has become my sultry/date night perfume.

Versace's Crystal Noir is my winter fragrance. There is something about it that I find so warm and cozy. I also received it as a Christmas gift, so every time I use it I think of Christmas Day. ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm currently abstaining from fragrances right now as I'm pregnant and concerned about the phthalates that are in perfumes since they're known endocrine disruptors.  But, I've loved Giorgio Armani Si for a couple of years now.  I finished a 1 oz bottle earlier this year so I went ahead and bought a 5 oz bottle because I love it that much.  To me it just smells elegant and feminine without being too much of anything.

I'm also loving the blue capri volcano diffuser in my bathroom.  It smells like an Anthropologie.  ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Si is one of my favs too @itscarin! I really love the 'intense' as well - the back bottle.  Not sure if Sephora still carries it, however. 

Congrats on the pending addition!  So exciting ๐Ÿ‘ถ

Congratulations, @itscarin๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

@itscarin Congrats!!

I have many fragrances. I have certain scents for each season. I'm into floral, certain fruits, sweet scents, but right now I love YSL black opium (i tried a sample, I need to get a full size bottle), makes me feel hot & good about myself.

RE: Let's Talk Fragrance Vibes

I love a good vanilla scent with hints of citrus! I feel like vanilla adds a whole dimension and layer of coziness

Ooh I love a good fragrance! I just got Clean Reserve Acqua Neroli and it smells amazing. It makes me feel like I should be on a month long vacation in the caribbean, on a yacht! 

Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • Fragrance Vibes GIF.gif
  • Just testing YSL Libre at their SEPHORiA booth :)
  • Screenshot_20190926-205058_Instagram.jpg
  • FragranceVibes_BrendaBT and KatieBT by the fireplace.gif
  • 4DDBDD58-FEA5-479C-B8B4-AC194DE574EE.jpeg
  • GeorginaBT Woodsy vibes.gif
  • My Grandmother
testing