Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Lazy Sunday Fun ( 20 Fragrant Questions )

A friend sent me these the other day. Thought it would be fun to share here, and have some fun together. What do you say?

1. What was the first perfume you ever purchased?
  2. What got you into fragrances?
  3. What is your signature perfume?
  4. What are 3 of your favorite houses?
  5. What are your favorite fragrance notes?
  6. What has been your worst blind buy?
  7. What has been your best blind buy?
  8. What is your most recent perfume purchase?
  9. What is your favorite fragrance in your collection?
  10. What is your dream fragrance?
  11. What fragrance/cologne do you like on your significant other?
  12. What is your favorite lazy day fragrance?
  13. What is your pick me up fragrance?
  14. What is your favorite spring/summer perfume?
  15. What is your favorite fall/winter perfume?
  16. What perfumes are you currently lusting over?
  17. If you had your own fragrance released into the industry, which one of your fragrances would it resemble/what it would be like?
  18. If you could collaborate with anyone from the fragrance community, who would it be and why?
  19. What is your next fragrance purchase?
  20. What was your most dramatic fragrance buying experience?

Re: Lazy Sunday Fun ( 20 Fragrant Questions )

Sundays are for replying to old posts! Thanks as always @lyravega!

1. What was the first perfume you ever purchased? I distinctly remember feeling so grown up the day I bought my own bottle of Donna Karan Cashmere Mist.
  2. What got you into fragrances? My mom was a huge fan of perfume so I grew up surruptiously spritzing on her lovelies, and an addiction was born.
  3. What is your signature perfume? Don’t really have one, my moods are so mercurial that I switch things up daily, but Jo Malone is my go-to house. 
  4. What are 3 of your favorite houses? Jo Malone, Juliette Has a Gun, and Byredo.
  5. What are your favorite fragrance notes? Patchouli, incense, woods.
  6. What has been your worst blind buy? Stella by Stella McCartney.
  7. What has been your best blind buy? Kalimantan by Chantecaille.
  8. What is your most recent perfume purchase? Jo Malone White Moss & Snowdrop.
  9. What is your favorite fragrance in your collection? Kalimantan.
  10. What is your dream fragrance? A heady combo of leather, chocolate, woods, coffee, and white flowers.
  11. What fragrance/cologne do you like on your significant other? Tom Ford Oud Wood 😍
  12. What is your favorite lazy day fragrance? I have a bunch of old BBW splashes that are good for a quick run to the supermarket.
  13. What is your pick me up fragrance? Givenchy’s Organza, it’s a throwback that makes me think of my raucous college days when big and bold was all the rage.
  14. What is your favorite spring/summer perfume? Bobbi Brown’s Beach.
  15. What is your favorite fall/winter perfume? Anything with woods, makes me feel like I’m ready for chilly weather even though I live in snow-free South Florida.
  16. What perfumes are you currently lusting over? Always ready to be wowed by JM’s newest offerings.
  17. If you had your own fragrance released into the industry, which one of your fragrances would it resemble/what it would be like? It would be like Kalimantan but with more leather and lace to it if you will. 
  18. If you could collaborate with anyone from the fragrance community, who would it be and why? Oooooh, I think LyraVega and PocketVenus would be a dream team!
  19. What is your next fragrance purchase? Not sure yet, probably JM’s Bronze Wood & Leather if I like it when I try it out at the boutique.
  20. What was your most dramatic fragrance buying experience? Every time my friends and I go shopping together at the Aventura Mall we make a stop at JM and someone shenanigans ensue.

@LCResz @pocketvenus Ohhhhh, what a dream team that would be! I'm in! When do we start?!

@LCResz, aw would love to do a collab with you and @lyravega ❤️

1. What was the first perfume you ever purchased?  CKOne
  2. What got you into fragrances?  The 90s grunge era, ironically.  When you watch Nirvana's Smells like Teen Spirit, it doesn't at all imply that they use perfume or cologne.  I just associate that time when I bought CKOne and that scent during the 90s watching Pearl Jam and Nirvana on MTV.
  3. What is your signature perfume?   I'm still on that journey.
  4. What are 3 of your favorite houses?   Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, Full House, and House Hunters International.  JK - Probably Jo Malone, Maison Margiela, and Byredo
  5. What are your favorite fragrance notes?  Nature's scents - Grass, Neroli, Hay, Ylang Ylang, Sage, Juniper, Cedarwood, Coconut
  6. What has been your worst blind buy?   N/A
  7. What has been your best blind buy?   N/A
  8. What is your most recent perfume purchase?   Jo Malone's Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne 
  9. What is your favorite fragrance in your collection?  The aforementioned.
  10. What is your dream fragrance?   I'm thinking Jo Malone's Wood Sage & Sea Salt will pair nicely with MM Replica's Beach Walk.  I'm hoping that will be my dream fragrance of Summer 2018. 
  11. What fragrance/cologne do you like on your significant other?   Dylan Blue, Acqua Di Gio Por Homme, and YSL La Nuit de l homme?
  12. What is your favorite lazy day fragrance?   If I'm lazy, I'm not wearing perfume.  I usually smell like video games, coffee, and breakfast.   Maybe the remnants of the Plum Rain shower gel from Lush. 
  13. What is your pick me up fragrance?   MM Replica's Beach Walk
  14. What is your favorite spring/summer perfume?   Right now, Beach Walk, but still on the hunt. 
  15. What is your favorite fall/winter perfume?  Escada's Magnetism, MMM At the Fireplace
  16. What perfumes are you currently lusting over?   Jo Malone's Wild Bluebell and Diptyque's Philosykos
  17. If you had your own fragrance released into the industry, which one of your fragrances would it resemble/what it would be like?  Probably Beach Walk, but with a little woodsy note somewhere in there. 
  18. If you could collaborate with anyone from the fragrance community, who would it be and why?   Christopher Brosius because he seems like he would keep me on my feet and provide insight on my olfactory psyche that I never knew about.
  19. What is your next fragrance purchase?   The 100ml of MM Replica's Beach Walk, and another Jo Malone, but I can't decide yet, I need to go to the counter again.
  20. What was your most dramatic fragrance buying experience?  Honestly, the other day when I went into a department store and I went to almost every counter looking for a Summer 2018 perfume.  The inside and outside of my forearms were overwhelmed by scents.  Then for some god awful reason I decided to spray Black Opium on my décolletage, and when I came home by guy was covering his nose with his shirt and all he could smell was the Black Opium (I'll abbreviate it as 'BO' which is appropriate).   So yeah, I'll never buy that scent even it gets rave reviews.  I spent about 3 hours in the perfume section and didn't even come home with anything. 

1. What was the first perfume you ever purchased? Miss Dior 2012
  2. What got you into fragrances? Smelling Escada and Ralph Lauren as a kid
  3. What is your signature perfume? Miss Dior 2012
  4. What are 3 of your favorite houses? Chanel, Dior, Lancome
  5. What are your favorite fragrance notes? Rose
  6. What has been your worst blind buy?  D&G Blue
  7. What has been your best blind buy? Chanel Eau Tendre
  8. What is your most recent perfume purchase? La Vie Est Belle Florale
  9. What is your favorite fragrance in your collection? J'adore Lumiere
  10. What is your dream fragrance? Something like Chanel Gabrielle but more memorable and less generic white floral, or something that smells like pure sweet rose
  11. What fragrance/cologne do you like on your significant other? Bleu de Chanel EDP
  12. What is your favorite lazy day fragrance? J'Adore
  13. What is your pick me up fragrance? Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet 
  14. What is your favorite spring/summer perfume? Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet
  15. What is your favorite fall/winter perfume? Gucci Bloom / La Vie Est Belle
  16. What perfumes are you currently lusting over? Jo Malone Red Roses
  17. If you had your own fragrance released into the industry, which one of your fragrances would it resemble/what it would be like? Fresh but sweet roses
  18. If you could collaborate with anyone from the fragrance community, who would it be and why? Chanel, because they craft classic perfumes that are complex
  19. What is your next fragrance purchase? Philosophy Amazing Grace Ballet Rose
  20. What was your most dramatic fragrance buying experience? I bought a 1 oz Miss Dior, not knowing that I'd love the fragrance so much that I bought the 1.7 oz, and later on ended up getting the 3.4 oz of it, and also purchasing a 1.7 oz one for my mom as well 🙂

It appears that you enjoy rose scents!!!  I'm not a huge fan of roses, but I really love Jo Malone Red Roses for a pure, fresh rose.

I just smelled Diptyque Eau Rose and received a sample, and this is such a beautiful Damascus rose and more complex than JM.

Thanks I'll look into Diptyque! I'm still waiting for the Jo Malone to be restocked at sephora

Based on your answers, I'd check out Diptyque or Penhaligons for a summer 18 scent. Good luck 🙂

@lyravega

1. What was the first perfume you ever purchased? Estee Lauder Pleasures; EDT of course!
  2. What got you into fragrances? The elegance/allure of seeing them on my grandmother and mother's dressers; girls in high school spritzing BBW; my best friend in high school bathing in Estee Lauder.
  3. What is your signature perfume? My favorite is Pleasures, but IDK if anyone associates it with me.
  4. What are 3 of your favorite houses?  I'm not educated about famous houses, so I would probably say Guerlain, Gucci.
  5. What are your favorite fragrance notes?  Lily of the valley, rose, green florals
  6. What has been your worst blind buy?  I think my most memorable blind spritz was Chanel No. 5.  😞
  7. What has been your best blind buy?  Gucci Envy because it led my to Gucci Envy Me
  8. What is your most recent perfume purchase?  Roses de Chloe
  9. What is your favorite fragrance in your collection?  Aerin's Lilac Path - a sample I've been saving b/c I'm SO looking forward to it.
  10. What is your dream fragrance?  I wish I could find a scent that was heavy on hyacinths.
  11. What fragrance/cologne do you like on your significant other?  Aqua di Gio, Polo by Ralph Lauren
  12. What is your favorite lazy day fragrance?  La Fleur body spray by BBW
  13. What is your pick me up fragrance?  Philosophy Fresh Cream
  14. What is your favorite spring/summer perfume?  I don't alter my scents based on season; once I have a bigger selection then I'd like to.
  15. What is your favorite fall/winter perfume?
  16. What perfumes are you currently lusting over?  I want to try the Tiffany fragrance that I just bought for a friend.  I'd love to smell high end Guerlain.  I've been wanting to sample Decadence but every time I select it for a Sephora sample I always get a substitution.
  17. If you had your own fragrance released into the industry, which one of your fragrances would it resemble/what it would be like?  I would like to have a fragrance that smelled like my three favorite flowers - hyacinth, daffodils and tulips.  I imagine it being like an Easter bonnet of flowers, so I'd call it "Bonnie."
  18. If you could collaborate with anyone from the fragrance community, who would it be and why?  Dior.  I have respect for their fragrances, but haven't found one that is worth me parting with my money quite yet.  I think if we worked together then it could happen!  I also want to explore YSL.
  19. What is your next fragrance purchase?  Maybe Florabotanica by Balenciaga; I'd have to smell it first, though!  I've only read about it!
  20. What was your most dramatic fragrance buying experience?  I don't put a lot of money into my fragrance, so probably the most dramatic buying experience was shopping VS during a clearance sale.  I picked up about half a dozen body sprays.  I still have them all, and had to palm some of them off on my sister.

Can I add another question?  I'd like to know about people's favorite discotinued (or changed) fragrances?  I smelled a vintage Elizabeth Arden Pretty and it was fantastic.  What I smelled at Ulta was so different.  I've read that the original White Shoulders was heavenly.  There's a posting on MUA from a woman that claims her Australian father invented it; interesting to read.  Finally, my sister had a body spray from Victoria's Secret that was called "Sexy Little Things."  Now they have developed that end (or they did) but they've branched away from the original.  

@greeneyedgirl107 Oh, that's a good one. I should add it to the main post.

1. What was the first perfume you ever purchased?  Love's Baby Soft
  2. What got you into fragrances?  Last January's perfume challenge
  3. What is your signature perfume?  I don't have one; I wear a different scent each day.
  4. What are 3 of your favorite houses?  Craftsman, Bungalow, Prairie-style
  5. What are your favorite fragrance notes?  bergamot, citrus, jasmine, neroli, vetiver
  6. What has been your worst blind buy?  I don't blind buy
  7. What has been your best blind buy?  I don't blind buy
  8. What is your most recent perfume purchase?  E&J Nirvana French Grey
  9. What is your favorite fragrance in your collection?  Cartier Bleu Vetiver
  10. What is your dream fragrance?  I don't have a dream fragrance.  I have a dream of one day being able to afford to buy a full size of one or two of my favorite fragrances!
  11. What fragrance/cologne do you like on your significant other?  Ivan wears odeur de chat
  12. What is your favorite lazy day fragrance?  I don't wear one
  13. What is your pick me up fragrance?  I don't wear one
  14. What is your favorite spring/summer perfume?  I didn't know perfume is seasonal; I wear the same perfume all year round
  15. What is your favorite fall/winter perfume?  I didn't know perfume is seasonal; I wear the same perfume all year round
  16. What perfumes are you currently lusting over?  I don't lust over anything
  17. If you had your own fragrance released into the industry, which one of your fragrances would it resemble/what it would be like?  Cartier Bleu Vetiver--it's simple and to the point.
  18. If you could collaborate with anyone from the fragrance community, who would it be and why?  I know next to nothing about the fragrance community (who's who); however, I really like Atelier Colognes.  I think I would like to collaborate with that company.
  19. What is your next fragrance purchase?  I have a few on my Loves list; I'm not sure at this point.
  20. What was your most dramatic fragrance buying experience?  I don't know what this question means, so based on what others have answered:  I haven't had a dramatic buying experience.  However, I did buy one rollerball fragrance for a friend for her birthday and she was thrilled.  Just recently my mom tried on a few of my new scents.  She usually doesn't like what I like, but she liked E&J Nirvana Amythist, so I gave it to her.  For some reason, that surprised her (I don't know why; it's not like I've never given things to her before).

@Titian06 I love your favorite houses! Those are great choices, though I'm personally more of a fan of modern styles. 😂

@txcatx - It's funny, I really like these styles; but my interior decorating style is modern.  So I would love to own one of those styles with a modern interior!  

I have no idea what is that supposed to mean, either @Titian06  . I wonder if maybe my ( on-foot ) chasing this discontinued fragrance around the city would qualify... ? It was quite dramatic. To me. Never done that before. I usually don't care about limited editions, or discontinued stuff. Plenty of fish in the sea. But, this was/is love! 😄 Had to have it ( backup ). ( Yes! I did manage to get one! So, that dramatic chase was not in vain in the end. Phew. )

@lyravega - That's kind of what I was thinking..."how far out of the way have you gone to get the perfume you want?"

Fun! I answered just some of the questions since I felt like I was repeating myself after awhile!

What was the first perfume you ever purchased? Tommy Girl, probably. I feel like this question shows our ages, ha.

What got you into fragrances? I think it's just a natural thing for teens, especially with the popularity of Bath & Body Works back in the day.

What is your signature perfume? It changes with the season or my mood. Right now, I've been using Nest Citrine most days. 

What are 3 of your favorite houses? Byredo, Jo Malone, Commodity 

What are your favorite fragrance notes? Freesia. It's in my favorites--Byredo Inflorescence, Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia, Nest Citrine. Also, citrus, like Tocca Bianca, Commodity Mimosa, all the Atelier ones, and Citrine, of course. Finally, tea, like Tocca Bianca and Le Labo Thé Noir. 

What has been your worst blind buy? I generally don't blind buy. Too risky!

What has been your best blind buy? See above.

What is your most recent perfume purchase? Nest Citrine 

What is your favorite fragrance in your collection? Byredo Inflorescence 

What is your favorite lazy day fragrance? Tocca Bianca 

What is your pick me up fragrance? Commodity Mimosa or Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey 

What perfumes are you currently lusting over? Kilian Flower of Immortality, Le Labo Thé Noir, all the ones from the Hermes Jardin collection 

If you had your own fragrance released into the industry, which one of your fragrances would it resemble/what it would be like? It would definitely have freesia!

What is your next fragrance purchase? Probably one of the Hermes Jardin sets.

Yess! I am here for lazy sundays and fragrance quizzes 🤗 @lyravega

1.What was the first perfume you ever purchased?

Ralph Lauren Hot (purple bottle) in high school...I don’t even remember the smell but everyone had the blue one and I wanted to be different, but not too different apparently..lol. 

2.What got you into fragrances? A combo of my mom/ friends but also I loved reading magazines and the ads got to me, all sex appeal and perfume seemed so adult and sophisticated.

3.What is your signature perfume? I’m so into Black Opium right now, especially for winter but fave for special occasions is Creed Vanille Sublime and daytime/ all occasion is Creed Aqua Fiorentina.

4.What are 3 of your favorite houses?

Creed, Marc Jacobs, YSL

5.What are your favorite fragrance notes?

Violet!!!! Vanilla!!!

6.What has been your worst blind buy?

I don’t remember.. hmm.. I don’t blind buy

7.What has been your best blind buy?

Yeah..dunno

8.What is your most recent perfume purchase?

A set of mini Amouages for hubby for Christmas, for myself I haven’t bought anything bottle sized because I have waaaayyy too many samples now.

9.What is your favorite fragrance in your collection?

Creed Vanille Sublime, wedding day fragrance 

10.What is your dream fragrance?

I would love to go to France, explore the history of fragrance and go to the flower fields and create my own one day...

11.What fragrance/cologne do you like on your significant other?

Maison Francis Kurkdjan Apom

12.What is your favorite lazy day fragrance?

Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream.. it’s so soothing and I can’t figure out why!

13.What is your pick me up fragrance?

Prada Infusion Iris, it smells clean and reminds me of my mom

14.What is your favorite spring/summer perfume?

Creed Aqua Fiorentina

15.What is your favorite fall/winter perfume?

YSL Black Opium

16.What perfumes are you currently lusting over?

Im going through a few Byredo samples but can’t find one with ultimate lasting power.

17.If you had your own fragrance released into the industry, which one of your fragrances would it

resemble/what it would be like?

If it was for money, something universally likeable, in the way of Marc Jacobs. His campaign shoots always attract me and get a lot of publicity. If it was more niche/ something entirely me, I’d want something different and unique, I love violet but also like smokiness and a richness/ gourmand scent. I don’t know...those don’t work well together! This is why I need to go to France and explore!

18.If you could collaborate with anyone from the fragrance community, who would it be and why?

hmmm..

19.What is your next fragrance purchase?

Im nowhere near purchasing a new fragrance until I get through some samples, or maybe if I finish a whole bottle I could treat myself just a bit..hmm..

20.What was your most dramatic fragrance buying experience?

I don’t have one! I’m excited to read others dramatic experiences though!!

@Haleyhale  Lazy Sundays are the best!

Yeah, I can't wait for some "drama", too! 😉

1. What was the first perfume you ever purchased? M by Mariah. 
  2. What got you into fragrances? I like things that smell good.
  3. What is your signature perfume? Tokyomilk Tainted Love with Mugler Alien. 
  4. What are 3 of your favorite houses? HdP, Tokyomilk, probably Atelier. 
  5. What are your favorite fragrance notes? Spicy and gourmand. 
  6. What has been your worst blind buy? Glow by Jlo. 
  7. What has been your best blind buy? Can Can by Paris Hilton.
  8. What is your most recent perfume purchase? Ellis Brooklyn Biblio kit.
  9. What is your favorite fragrance in your collection? Mugler Alien.
  10. What is your dream fragrance? Spicy with honey and marshmallow!
  11. What fragrance/cologne do you like on your significant other? I don't have an so but I really like Hugo Boss Night.
  12. What is your favorite lazy day fragrance? Any of my samplers I'm trying to work through.
  13. What is your pick me up fragrance? HdP 1725/ HdP Not A Blue Bottle 1.2
  14. What is your favorite spring/summer perfume? Diptyque Olene
  15. What is your favorite fall/winter perfume? Atelier Citron D Erable
  16. What perfumes are you currently lusting over? Jo Malone, I want to try them all. Also the honeycomb bottles of Guerlain. 
  17. If you had your own fragrance released into the industry, which one of your fragrances would it resemble/what it would be like? It would be very complex and mysterious. And yummy! 
  18. If you could collaborate with anyone from the fragrance community, who would it be and why? HdP because I love history and their scent combos.
  19. What is your next fragrance purchase? Guerlain Charnels Floral and Marc Jacobs Curacao samplers. 
  20. What was your most dramatic fragrance buying experience? I don't really have a dramatic buying experience, except the one time I was lucky enough to use my points in the rewards for the Atelier Citron D Erable perfume. 

27 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 169 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing