Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Jo Malone

Hello everyone- I would like to try one of the Jo Malone perfumes - which ones are the best? Also do her perfumes have good longevity? I hate to splurge on a fragrance and an hour later you can't even smell it!
Anonymous Insider

Jo Malone

I love Jo Malone😍 my absolute favorite scent is the blue agave and cacao which of course has been discontinued.. but I'm still able to purchase samples once I run out. The others I love, the garden collection. two in particular, which, thankfully, I purchased before those were gone. Strawberry and parsley and Carrot and fennel. I love how their scent names describe the actual scent so perfectly and I do agree about the longetivity. 4+ hours at the most for me if sprayed directly on my skin but all day if sprayed on my clothes/hair.

Re: Jo Malone

Honestly, the Jo Malone colognes overall are not long lasting on me.  Though, some last longer than others.  The intense collection is definitely more intense, but as far as longevity is concerned, there is not a compelling difference.  The projection, sillage, and longevity I would say are weak to medium.  HOWEVER - this is one of my favorite lines for that reason.  The scents are just beautiful and pure.  A caveat to this is that they are pricey, and if longevity is a priority for you, then you may not find value in this line. 

When I think Jo Malone, I think of purity, naturalistic, minimalistic type woman.  Someone down to earth, laid back, and introspective.  It would be a great line for someone sensitive to smells, someone who doesn't want to commit to the same scent all day, and someone creative enough to layer and mix. 

When I wear Jo Malone, it's more for me, a private mood, an aura.  It's not a cologne I wear for others.  It's not a powerhouse, punch you in the face, attention grabber type. 

My favorites include:  Wood Sage & Sea Salt, Mimosa & Cardamom, Wild Bluebell, and Blackberry & Bay.  Red Roses & Orange Blossom smell great paired together, but I don't think I'd wear this near enough. 

Definitely go to a counter or Sephora and smell them.  If any peak your interest, ask for a sample and then try them at home to see how long they last on your skin.  You will also be able to see how they develop with your body chemistry.  I did this with the Nectarine Blossom & Honey, which I'm glad I did because I didn't care for the base. 

I was just in the DC store yesterday. In my opinion, the...

I was just in the DC store yesterday. In my opinion, the intense collection lasts well. The others don't last as long, but layering them helps. I fell in love with the Dark Amber and Ginger Lily which surprised me. I also liked Wood Sage and Sea Salt, and Orange Blossom.

Thanks for your reply- I think I will try some of the Int...

Thanks for your reply- I think I will try some of the Intense collection.
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing