Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Is there a fragrance you've always wanted to try, but haven't?

It could be a discontinued fragrance, one that is only sold at a few retailers, or one that you just haven't gotten around to smelling.

Re: Is there a fragrance you've always wanted to try, but haven't?

For some reason I've always wanted to buy Philosophy's Baby Grace for my sister.

Image result for philosophy baby grace

My sister loves the CLEAN brand.  I haven't tried any, but I really should since I bought her rollerballs of it and will probably end up buying her a full size at some point.

Related image

Guerlain's Les Elixirs Charnel - French Kiss.  It sounds right up my alley, but too expensive to blind buy. (and, if I'm being honest with myself, more expensive than I really want to spend on a perfume as well.)

Notes:

- Top: lychee, raspberry.

- Middle: rose, violet.

- Base: iris, musk, heliotrope, vanilla.

@angeliquec It looks and sounds beautiful!  But I totally agree with you that I'd never spend that much no matter how much I adored it.  I would try to score some samples, though!

Main Image - Guerlain 'Les Elixirs Charnels - French Kiss' Fragrance

I was trying to think up more unique fragrances that aren't easy to come by at any local store, but that has such a reputation that I really want to find out what all the fuss is about, and that lead to Sécrétions Magnifiques by État Libre d'Orange. I've heard about it for years, but never sought it out because it sounded so bizarre. But now I feel I'm almost obligated as a perfume lover to go through the hazing ritual of experiencing this scent, not because I would ever own it but just to see if it's Mugler's Womanity on steroids. 

@LCReszI have a sample of Etat Libre's SM. The comparison to magnificent secretions is not as... realistic as it purports to be but it is not easy to wear! It has an aggressively metallic edge paired that makes for an odd juxtaposition with the creamy florals.

@pocketvenus It sounds like it is something one has to experience in order to really understand the violent reactions it causes. Your explanation makes so much sense, the combination is jarring and meant to make one's head spin!

I was recently at a boutique that carried ELO but they didn't have that scent! I did, however, discover Delicious Closet Queen which smells AMAZING

ELO is great at being audacious, dare I say bizarre, but in an accessible way. Fat Electrican FTW in terms of crazily named and wearable weirdnes.

@LCResz I agree about wanting to try a fragrance out of curiosity!  

Like a few others I've wanted to test out some Byredo scents. Specifically Gypsy Water, but I haven't found any where to get a Sample. Those who are interested in Nest, on BF Sephora had a set of 3 mini sprays for $12 I believe. I feel in love with them! Hopefully they have something similar again this year 😄

I had to post one more for tonight!  I read that Tiffany and Coty entered into a new deal to launch a line of fragrance.  I think they should stick with jewelry, but I'd still like to smell it just to say I did.  Like when my friend went to NYC and priced a pink diamond ring at Tiffany's...$1 million!  

I really want to try Atelier Bois Blonds, but I haven't been able to find it in a Sephora store. I need to see if other retailers carry them in my area.

RE: Re: Is there a fragrance you've always wanted to try, but haven't?

Go to Atelier's website! You can get their discovery set for $35. It contains 32 samples - including bios blonds - and a $35 voucher. Free shipping too! Oh and you also get each of the scents' corresponding postcards which is pretty cool.

@snoflakefaerie The description of it sounds dreamy: “They spoke in whispers, breathing at the pace of the wind. The sun streamed through the trees in long rays of gold. Suddenly, the sky became the muted colors of twilight, it felt like hours had passed in a moment or that time had stopped altogether.” 

@greeneyedgirl107 That's half of what drew me in! 

I have always wanted to try the Nest Indigo one! Still debating if i should buy it or not..

@Kiara2799 In the past for Black Friday, Sephora had sold NEST rollerball sets for like $10.  You could always try that this year if they offer it again!

I love Indigo! I wasn't sure and bought the roller ball, but I totally wish I had just gotten a big ol' bottle of it. Can you get a sample in store to test how you feel about it?

Also I generally enjoy most of the Nest scents, so if I didn't already have quite a few, I would get that little coffret set.

Apparently this is one of the most expensive perfumes available.  I want to smell it b/c I know I'd enjoy the thrill of being underwhelmed!  I'd also love to see this perfume bottle in person.  The cylinder is made out of 18k gold, with Columbian emeralds and diamonds.  It is from The House of Sillage.

the most expensive perfume

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
testing