Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Is there a fragrance you've always wanted to try, but haven't?

It could be a discontinued fragrance, one that is only sold at a few retailers, or one that you just haven't gotten around to smelling.

Re: Is there a fragrance you've always wanted to try, but haven't?

@liv545 Whenever I hear of Jo Malone, I think of Sam Malone from "Cheers" and how he always used too much cologne!

Related image

@greeneyedgirl107 🎉🎉🎉 I remember watching Cheers!!!

@liv545 I was disappointed that I couldn't find a pic of him with his aftershave.  Oh well!  

@vront Yes!  I think her hair is amazing!  

All the NEST perfume bottles are so gorgeous, but I haven't been able to sample any and I don't want to blind buy whichever I think has the prettiest bottle haha

I need to get to a store soon to smell all of them and make a final decision on which one I want to get

Sephora currently has a sampler pack of several of the scents!  I actually just ordered it a few hours ago because I also have been wanting to try nest fragrances. The only one it's missing that I was really interested in is Amazon Lily

http://m.sephora.com/product/P418554?icid2=nest_lp_perfume_collection_carousel&productId=P418554&sku...

@vront Let us know which one you choose!  I remember when they were first getting big, Lisa Robertson on QVC had me convinced that I'd love Midnight Fleur.  Lucky for me I waited to try them at Sephora and found that was the only one I didn't care for!  

Image result for lisa robertson next fragrance

@greeneyedgirl107 I definitely will! I'm just afraid I'm gonna love all of them and walk out of the store with like 6 new bottles haha!

Also, that woman's hair is giving me amazing 60's vibes and I'm loving it

I'd like to try Byredo Gypsy Water, I've almost bought it blind a few times but I've definitely lost money doing that in the past so I've learned my lesson, for now. I have several bottles that I'm not a fan of, but the bottles are pretty. Anyway Gypsy Water supposedly is similar to Tocca Colette(my favorite) but with better longevity. I also want to try a bunch of the Jo Malone fragrances. I've seen them in the sample section but I never get the samples I ask for and her scents are too pricey imo to buy blind. $25 rollerballs I can justify $65 for a travel size? Not me. 

RE: Re: Is there a fragrance you've always wanted to try, but haven't?

The 65 is in a travel friendly size but is a full ounce of product. Chanel's similar size go for about $100 so the JM can be worth it. I would say to test before you buy though because they are colognes and differ greatly in lasting power.

OMG @liv545, I got so caught up in discussing my love for Byredo I missed the JM stuff! JM is more than love, it's an obsession for me! If you have a stand alone store near you drop in, they've always been really nice and given me a few samples. Now that Sephora carries the line I have seen JM samples as well, so keep on the look out! I swear I will buy some hair ties just to get samples of the new English Oak collection! 🙃

@LCResz I've actually done that trying to get a few samples of jo malone. Sephora sponges and hair ties. It's so frustrating when I end up not getting the samples of Jo Malone anyway. The closest Jo Malone from what I was told is in Richmond. 😞 I'm going to post some stuff on the trade thread for Jo Malone samples. I should do that.

@liv545 The rollerballs have definitely come up in price since I started buying them years ago.  And many of the travel sizes are expensive, too!  

At least you found a close enough dupe in Tocca to the Gypsy Water.  I've bought many Tocca scents for gifts, but I haven't found one that I love for myself yet.

Byredo Gypsy Water Eau De Parfum 50ml - Byredo - 503326573

@greeneyedgirl107 so much more expensive. Especially considering that I'm buying the rollerballs essentially in lieu of a sample. The Tarte new fragrance made me nauseous. It was a little funny. I told myself, that's what you get for buying blind. I got smart-ish with the new KVD Saint and Sinner. I bought the full size of Saint because well, the bottle mostly and the notes sounded up my alley and I love it. But I waited on Sinner because yes the bottle is pretty but the notes didn't appeal. I finally got a whiff in store and so glad I didn't buy it.

@greeneyedgirl107  That is a good thought!    I buy my Byredo through Barneys and they usually include a sample or rollerball in their GWP bags - I may reach out to my Barneys rep and see if she can get me a sample. 🙂

I agree!   @liv545

Gypsy Water has intrigued me, but I haven't been able to get my hands on a sample and hate to splurge on something I may not love. 😞

@Tamara76Yes! It's crazy how you can have fragrances with similar notes and one is great and another is super gross. One of these days I'll encounter it.

@Tamara76 It's definitely frustrating not being able to get ahold of samples.  I grew up in NY and I didn't realize how spoiled I was!  I wonder if the company would send you a sample???

@liv545 Byredo is one of my favorite splurge brands, but I always wait for the discovery sets that come out during the holidays, you get a lot of fragrances for a less heart stopping price 😉 If you like Gypsy Water (definitely a favorite of mine), you might like Mojave Ghost as well, but it's staying power is even worse than Gypsy Water on me ☹️

@LCReszI'll definitely keep an eye out for the discovery collections. If you happen to post or find it please tag me! I find most of my deals and splurges from here. 💸

Probably vintage fragrances as the only vintage one I'm familiar with is Chanel no.5. Tbh, I don't want to invest the time and effort required to seek out samples/decants of the others but I know I am missing a huge part of perfume history this way...

I'd also love to try a lot of niche scents that are difficult to come by in Canada like new releases from Papillon and Dusita. Right now, I'm curious about the Comme des Garcons library scents that were just released.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
testing