Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Is there a fragrance you've always wanted to try, but haven't?

It could be a discontinued fragrance, one that is only sold at a few retailers, or one that you just haven't gotten around to smelling.

Re: Is there a fragrance you've always wanted to try, but haven't?

@pocketvenus Yes, I do wish I was more familiar with "perfume history!"

Chanel Coromandel sounds amazing but I've yet to smell it; if it's half as beautiful as the reviews make it seem it would have to be mine 😍

@LCResz It looks like a very classy scent!

Related image

Omg more of " Which perfume you want to buy but haven't?"...

Omg more of " Which perfume you want to buy but haven't?" in my case! I bought the Prada florale recent and liked it because it's the closest one at describing the scent I want people to associate me with. Then I discovered: Dior Poison Girl, Giorgio Armani Sun..., and Tory Birch Love... I can't decide out of all of them which one defines me the most!

Re: Omg more of " Which perfume you want to buy but haven't?"...

@Neeliay So many fragrances, such little time!

@spadersgirl I know the feeling!  I don't think I'd buy an expensive fragrance sight unseen - or in this case, unsmelled!

I've done that a few times when I was too impatient to wait for a sample to be available and I regret it. One example is when I ordered Viktor and Rolf Bon Bon when at the time they didn't have any small sizes. It smells okay but it's really not what I was hoping for. I kept debating whether to keep it or return it and in the end I kept it because of the cute bottle...but now it's an $85 regret lol. I learned my lesson though. No more blind perfume purchasing for me!

RE: Is there a fragrance you've always wanted to try, but haven't?

@greeneyedgirl107 I've always wanted to try the old guerlain perfumes

Re: RE: Is there a fragrance you've always wanted to try, but haven't?

@skcfan Is there a particular time period you are interested in?  Apparently the perfume house opened in 1860!

Image result for guerlain perfume house

RE: Re: RE: Is there a fragrance you've always wanted to try, but haven't?

The ones from the 1800s/early 1900s. They still sell some of their famous ones online at different stores- but I can't bring myself to spend so much on a perfume I can't smell in person first. @greeneyedgirl107

I keep meaning to try YSL Parisienne, too!

RE: Re: Is there a fragrance you've always wanted to try, but haven't?

YSL's Parisienne! I have almost bought brought the bottle before but I wanna know if I like it first you know? I can never find it near me and idk where to get samples though

Re: RE: Re: Is there a fragrance you've always wanted to try, but haven't?

@EvelinB Sephora used to have it as a free sample with online shipping occasionally, but I think my sister snatched mine up.  Now I see them offering more Marc Jacobs, Maison Margiela, etc.

I've been wanting to try some L'Occitane fragrances, but I'm never around one of their stores anymore.  

Roses et Reines Eau de Toilette

I love Estee Lauder's Pleasures, and was recently impressed by Pleasures Intense.  Now for the heck of it I want to try Pleasures Eau Fraiche

Apparently there are also others out there, but IDK if the company still makes these:

Image result for estee lauder pleasures

@greeneyedgirl107,  I have always wanted to try on Poison by Dior! It's been around forever, but I have never sampled it. My mom used to wear it, but I wasn't allowed to touch the bottle lol.

@angel7594 That's on my list, too!  I feel like there are so many scents that I know of but haven't gotten around to sampling b/c if I smell too many at one time, even the coffee bean sniff at Sephora can't help me!

Ooo yes Poison Girl is one I still haven't found in store to try!

@greeneyedgirl107  Yeah! I get overwhelmed if I try to smell more than three fragrances in a visit! I like to take home pre made samples too in case something might not work with my chemistry lol! 

Conversation Stats
testing