Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

If you could create a fragrance, what would it be?

What fragrance would you create?  What would you name it?  What would the bottle look like?

Re: If you could create a fragrance, what would it be?

So this summer I had gone to France, and while I was there I actually got to make my own perfume at Molinard. The top notes where pear and fruits, the heart notes where rose and jasmine, and the bottom notes were sandalwood and white musk. We learned that some scent can fit into two and maybe three categories but most scents were either a top, bottom, or heat note. I haven't named the perfume but it is in this clear round bottle with a golden top which I love. Everyone loved it, including me!

@SammyKate That sounds dreamy!  Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Woah, that's such an amazing experience @SammyKate! Also, the perfume you created is exactly the kind of scent I go for. 🙂

Love this idea!  I can't tell you the notes or anything but I would love a perfume that smells exactly like cottage country in the fall.  That clean, crisp fresh air, the smell of the forest around you and the scent of that campfire burning. It's my all time favorite thing to smell lol. Ahhhhh I just want something like this so bad lol.  Still trying to find it. Diptyque feu de bois reminds me of this but it's only available in a candle 😞

@veronika23 That's a great idea!  It would be instantly soothing!  I'm glad I'm not the only one that has smelled candles and thought they would be better off as fragrances.

@jeannie11 Thanks for all the detail!  Your ideas are great!!!

This is a fun topic! There are perfumeries in NYC where you can do this! I keep saying I want to go and do this- even if it's just once. 

I'd make a Rose/ Oud/ Woodsy scent. I like the top notes of rose and end notes of something more woodsy. So it's floral and quasi warm. 

@mrsbaine That sounds like a fairy tale with the rose and the woods!  Good one!  If I had loads of money, I'd definitely go to one of those perfumeries!

This is such a great thread idea @greeneyedgirl107! I'll have to do some thinking before I post mine. I'll be back! 🙂

@lmi82 I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas!

Image result for perfume gif

I would create the ultimate femme fatale fragrance, something that envelopes you and exudes unexpected beauty. I'd call it Emperatiz (in honor of my Spanish roots), and the bottle would be a slender, rectangular glass in purple (my favorite color).

The notes would include Tobacco flower, Bergamot, Incense, Night Jasmine, Labdanum, Patchouli, Cedar, Leather, Styrax, Vanilla, Agarwood, Sandalwood.

Why yes, I've often thought about this 😉

@LCResz Please add my name to the waiting list for this 😉

@LCResz I'd love to see the marketing for that!  Great idea for a fragrance!

I love this question!

I would love a leather fragrance that's like a warmed up leather dress against the skin, full of musk and stinking florals. I'd call it Voulez-vous and it would come in a chic black ceramic bottle.

An oriental fragrance for the winter. Imagine cedar and pine needles dusted with cardamom and ginger. A hit of whisky for warmth and a pinch of creamy vanilla but no sweetness and not enough to make it a gourmand. I'd call it Midwinter Spirit.

A fragrance that opens with a powerful, smouldering incense with just the faintest hint of gasoline that dries down into a wispy smoke, rain soaked concrete and lilies. I'd call it Ghost and it would come in a bottle of ombre glass.

An icy, steely orris soliflore that opens with a burst of fizzy aldehydes and dries down into a something foreboding, bristling and metallic. I'd call it Fleur de Mal and it would come in a silver bottle.

@pocketvenus How imaginative!  I would love to try all of those!!!

Thanks! ❤️ Apologies for the delayed reply - this new redesign is confusing me :S

I'd love a fragrance that smelled like all the spring flowers I adore.  I'd want it to be heavy on hyacinths, with notes of daffodils and tulips.  Maybe bottom notes of lily of the valley (not too overpowering, since many scents include this flower) and mascari.  When I picture this scent, I think of a beautiful Easter bonnet.  Maybe I'd call the scent "Bonnie."  I think it would be awesome if the bottle had ornate clear glass, with off-shoots of different pastel colors.

Image result for spring flowers

I'd like some orange blossom, jasmine, peach and rose.  Nothing too heady though. Just a touch of bergamot and osmanthus blossoms.  No aldehydes, no patchouli and nothing soapy in the dry-down. 

@jeannie11 That fragrance sounds like a dream!  What would you call it?

That sounds completely lovely! 

21 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 62 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing