Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

I(desperate)SO COMMODITY BOOK!!

If anyone has any extra bottles of Commodity Book or Commodity Bergamot laying around, PLEASE let me know...I will happily pay to take them off your hands! Iโ€™m heartbroken that I didnโ€™t hear about their closing in time to stock up! ๐Ÿ˜ซ Forever grateful, Your fellow Commodity Lover

RE: I(desperate)SO COMMODITY BOOK!!

Commodity announced on their website that they have a new founder and are working on bringing back the brand!! You can sign up for their updates and waitlist your favorite fragrance!

Re: I(desperate)SO COMMODITY BOOK!!

@Gypsyqueen11 I havenโ€™t tried the following suggestions, but Byredo Bibliotheque is marketed on their website as, โ€œA world of old books, the scent of their leather-bound pages arranged on dark wood shelves.โ€

Maybe someone here can offer insight.

Also, for a more affordable option, Demeter Paperback is โ€œA trip to your favorite library or used bookstore. Sweet and lovely with just a touch of the musty smell of aged paper, Demeter's Paperback harnesses that scent with a sprinkling of violets and a dash of tasteful potpourri.โ€  

Itโ€™s unfortunate that they discontinued their line.  Ideally you find something to replace it, and you enjoy it even more.

RE: I(desperate)SO COMMODITY BOOK!!

I have 4 local stores & they were already sold out of everything once I learned about the discontinuation ๐Ÿ˜ซ. Thanks for taking the time to respond anyway! Iโ€™ve found some on eBay to help me to postpone/ease my transition to a new fragrance. The day will come but Iโ€™m gonna make sure itโ€™s as far into the future as possible! Cheers!

Re: RE: I(desperate)SO COMMODITY BOOK!!

@Gypsyqueen11  I have read that they are being found at TJ Maxx.

Re: RE: I(desperate)SO COMMODITY BOOK!!

@Gypsyqueen11 61 people on Fragrantica think Book smells like Le Labo's Santal 33 so maybe worth giving that a try? My honest opinion is that they are not alike, at least not the openings though it's been awhile since I smelled both. I recall Santal had a leathery quality to it.

Others are reminded of Zara's "Scent #1" but I've never smelled that.

@Gypsyqueen11 

Sephora doesn't allow discussion of selling/buying among members. Like @WinglessOne mentioned, be sure to check out your local store(s) if you can, or there's always eBay/poshmark etc. 

Have you checked your local Sephora store (assuming you have one nearby)? I have 4 local stores. One of them still had a surprising amount of Commodity bottles and candles last weekend. I was at another one yesterdayโ€”our flagship store that Iโ€™m sure gets the most customer trafficโ€”and they still had maybe 5 or 6 bottles and a few travel sprays left. If you can get to a store and reeeeeally love certain Commodity fragrances (my faves are Orris, Leather, and Book), itโ€™s worthwhile to see whatโ€™s still in stock! ๐Ÿ™‚

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing