Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

I(desperate)SO COMMODITY BOOK!!

If anyone has any extra bottles of Commodity Book or Commodity Bergamot laying around, PLEASE let me know...I will happily pay to take them off your hands! I’m heartbroken that I didn’t hear about their closing in time to stock up! 😫 Forever grateful, Your fellow Commodity Lover

RE: I(desperate)SO COMMODITY BOOK!!

Commodity announced on their website that they have a new founder and are working on bringing back the brand!! You can sign up for their updates and waitlist your favorite fragrance!

Re: I(desperate)SO COMMODITY BOOK!!

@Gypsyqueen11 I haven’t tried the following suggestions, but Byredo Bibliotheque is marketed on their website as, “A world of old books, the scent of their leather-bound pages arranged on dark wood shelves.”

Maybe someone here can offer insight.

Also, for a more affordable option, Demeter Paperback is “A trip to your favorite library or used bookstore. Sweet and lovely with just a touch of the musty smell of aged paper, Demeter's Paperback harnesses that scent with a sprinkling of violets and a dash of tasteful potpourri.”  

It’s unfortunate that they discontinued their line.  Ideally you find something to replace it, and you enjoy it even more.

RE: I(desperate)SO COMMODITY BOOK!!

I have 4 local stores & they were already sold out of everything once I learned about the discontinuation 😫. Thanks for taking the time to respond anyway! I’ve found some on eBay to help me to postpone/ease my transition to a new fragrance. The day will come but I’m gonna make sure it’s as far into the future as possible! Cheers!

Re: RE: I(desperate)SO COMMODITY BOOK!!

@Gypsyqueen11  I have read that they are being found at TJ Maxx.

Re: RE: I(desperate)SO COMMODITY BOOK!!

@Gypsyqueen11 61 people on Fragrantica think Book smells like Le Labo's Santal 33 so maybe worth giving that a try? My honest opinion is that they are not alike, at least not the openings though it's been awhile since I smelled both. I recall Santal had a leathery quality to it.

Others are reminded of Zara's "Scent #1" but I've never smelled that.

@Gypsyqueen11 

Sephora doesn't allow discussion of selling/buying among members. Like @WinglessOne mentioned, be sure to check out your local store(s) if you can, or there's always eBay/poshmark etc. 

Have you checked your local Sephora store (assuming you have one nearby)? I have 4 local stores. One of them still had a surprising amount of Commodity bottles and candles last weekend. I was at another one yesterday—our flagship store that I’m sure gets the most customer traffic—and they still had maybe 5 or 6 bottles and a few travel sprays left. If you can get to a store and reeeeeally love certain Commodity fragrances (my faves are Orris, Leather, and Book), it’s worthwhile to see what’s still in stock! 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing