Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

I'd like try out a new fragrance...

I'd like to try out a new fragrance, but I'm not sure exactly what. I know I like oriental fragrances like Guelain Shalimar and also fruity florals like Victoria's Secret Love spell. Can you give me some suggestions? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Dior Miss Dior Cherie and Ralph Lauren Romance are my 2 f...

Dior Miss Dior Cherie and Ralph Lauren Romance are my 2 favorite fruity florals!

Here's a link to Sephora's "Fragrance Finder" w...

Here's a link to Sephora's "Fragrance Finder" which can assist you in choosing the perfect fragrance for you personally:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/section.jhtml?categoryId=B23

I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

I second the recommendation for Gucci's Guilty. Another g...

I second the recommendation for Gucci's Guilty. Another great Gucci fragrance, Envy Me. Like someone already said you should try the fragrance sampler if your not sure. I got it for my cousin as a gift and by the time she finished the samples she had found three that she loved. Its good to play around with the scents because although you make like a certain one at first sniff you never know how well it'll sit with you for a day

There are lots of terrific fragrances that are either ori...

There are lots of terrific fragrances that are either orientals or fruity florals. There are even fragrances that fit in both those categories. I'd recommend you try the following:

Gucci "Guilty" (Sephora Product Page) Sephora says this scent is a Floral Oriental, but I'd call it a fruity floral oriental because the mandarin topnote is so prominent. This scent is glamorous and also very daring and sexy! The mandarin topnote and the peach and lilac are quite noticeable, and the pink peppercorn and patchouli base make it spicy and sexy. I love how empowered I feel when I wear it! The Sephora gift set comes with a lotion, but it's not big enough for one to wear the lotion with the scent everyday. I like to pair this fragrance with a lotion that will complement its mandarin topnote like Bath and Body Works "Orange Sapphire"

Yves Saint Laurent "Parisienne" (Sephora Product Page) Sephora classifies this scent as just a floral, but I think it's more of a fruity floral. This fragrance is a ladylike blend of blackberry, damask rose and sandalwood. The ingredients smell very pure which makes it smell quite sophisticated. This fragrance makes me feel confident and stylish, and I've gotten lots of compliments on it. It has the same problem with the tiny gift-set lotion: you just can't wear it everyday. But it's not too hard to find a blackberry scented lotion to match the blackberry topnote. 

Kenzo "KenzoAmour Indian Holi" (Sephora Product Page) This scent is a Floral Oriental. This is the most unique fragrance I've ever discovered, and people certainly notice and remember it. It's extremely exotic, adventurous, and rather reminscent of the orient. Topnotes include red berries, cherry blossom, incense, rose, rice steam, peony and white musk. It doesn't have a matching lotion, but because of the topnote of red berries, it pairs well with "Cranberry Joy" body butter from The Body Shop.

Guess "Seductive" Sephora doesn't sell this, but it's a musky oriental with topnotes of obidaum, black currant and bergamot. It's a very exotic scent: I think it's rather reminiscent of a warm night out on the town in Morocco. It's sexy, daring, bold, adventurous and perfect for dates. I receive compliments on it frequently, especially from men.

Calvin Klein "Euphoria" (Sephora Product Page) Sephora classifies this as a woody oriental, but I think the topnotes of fruit and florals are so prominent it's actually a fruity floral oriental. This fragrance has noticeable topnotes of pomegranate, persimmon, black orchid, lotus blossom, amber and a mahogany wood base. This fragrance is a sophisticated mix that is rapidly becoming a classic--you just can't go wrong with it. I always receive compliments when I wear it, from both men and women. And unlike many other fragrances, you can purchase a big 6.7 oz. Euphoria lotion (also available at Sephora) to layer the scent everyday.

Calvin Klein "Obsession" (Sephora Product Page) This a very classic oriental, with topnotes of mandarin, bergamot, jasmine, orange blossom and amber. I receive compliments on this fragrance frequently. It's also very long-lasting, particularly if you use the matching lotion.

Givenchy "Ange Ou Demon Le Secret" (Sephora Product Page) This is a very classic and ladylike fruity floral. It has topnotes of cranberry, white peony, sambac jasmine and white musk. Because of the topnote of cranberry, it pairs well with "Cranberry Joy" body butter from The Body Shop.

These are all great fragrances. You should definitely try all the fragrances you can in all the different categories you can, because the ones you really like might surprise you. I also thought I'd suggest buying one of the Sephora fragrance samplers. They enable you to try out a dozen different fragrances, pick the one you like best, and then use the voucher in the gift set to get a full size botle of your favorite. The "Sephora Fragrance Sampler for Her" (Sephora Product Page) is a great value and so fun to use. Of the frgrances I mentioned, it includes Yves Saint Laurent "Parisienne" and Givenchy "Ange ou Demon Le Secret." I hope all this helps you, and have fun finding your perfect fragrance! Smiley Happy

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors