Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

How do you store your perfume samples?

Looking for a different way to store all my perfume sample besides just in a bag. Have any organized, convenient or maybe even crafty way to store them?

Re: How do you store your perfume samples?

I store mine in those clear organizers, along with my rollerballs and a couple full-size bottles. I try to keep them organized by brand, then by type or main notes. They are somewhat exposed to light so I am trying to go through them within the year. I keep a box of extras/newer ones in a box, in a drawer. I also have a small box of samples I don't like, that I'll donate whenever I get a chance.
I find organizing perfume samples incredibly relaxing!

IMG_3608.jpg

Hi @ncp2000,

This is seriously so clever! I'm loving this idea and I agree with @JaneanBT! I'm inspired as well!! Thank you for sharing. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel

Hi @ncp2000,

This is amazing! I love how you organized your samples! It looks so good! Consider me INSPIRED! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@npc2000 This looks amazing! I didn't realize till I clic...

@npc2000 This looks amazing! I didn't realize till I clicked on it, it gets better. 😀

This is pretty impressive, @ncp2000. Love it!

@ncp2000, so organized, so impressive!!!

@ncp2000 Organization goals!!! 😁

So organized @ncp2000! This pic is so satisfying to look at 🙂

I put mine in velvet or gauze bags that other things have come in, one bag to a fragrance family.

I store my little vials in a train case.

I just found a mini train case yesterday for $9 on clearance at Ulta, @Samtian and am in the process of organizing them in it! Some of the samples on cards are too big, so I like your idea of using it for vials 🙂

I have a few clear drawers on top of my vanity where I try to keep everything organized. I have one of those drawers dedicated to perfume. It's got all my sample vials (I cleared out a bunch recently though), my rollerball/travel perfumes, as well as a couple mini bottles from various GWP/promo codes.

RE: How do you store your perfume samples?

I have a matching set of gold flecked Mikasa shot glasses that i stand mine up in. It looks pretty and you can fit quite a few in each!

I like that, it's something like what I was thinking. Sta...

I like that, it's something like what I was thinking. Standing up, convenient, and looks appealing. ☺️

@jorindayo,

I put mine on a glass tray that has a fake gold design on it, it's hard to describe. I have a few that I swap out every few months. The rest of my fragrance I store in my basement since my room can get hot sometimes!

❤️ Melissa

How do you store your perfume samples?

If you are rich, a temprature controlled vault. Otherwise, a dark closet is fine. Avoiding direct sunlight and hot temperatues is your goal. I store my collection on a shelving unit inside a walk-in closet.

I wasn't even considering the conditions, more the vanity...

I wasn't even considering the conditions, more the vanity or organization of them. Thank you so much, that is really great advice. 😀

Re: I wasn't even considering the conditions, more the vanity...

@jorindayo,

I've had some good fragrances go bad so fast, because of the heat! I finally decided to put them on rotate to keep them fresh.

❤️ Melissa

I'm loving seeing all these pics ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ My stashes look very disorderly and I have way too many but I know exactly where to find a sample ha ha! I keep everything in little boxes so the samples are not exposed to light.

A box for "refined" samples. These are scents that are not necessarily my favourites. Just ones that I would wear to go out to an upscale setting. So my Chanels, Kilians, Amouages and Serge Lutens samples have gone here.

A box for indie, niche and experimental samples that make the cut, meaning I'd wear again or consider getting a full bottle.

A box for indie, niche and experimental that don't make the cut. Either they're not to my taste or I found them to be poor fragrances overall.

A box for designers. It's a totally idiosyncratic distinction between designer and indie though and it doesn't really make sense. So for example, my CdGs go into the indie box. Jo Malone and some Guerlains are in the designer box. It only needs to make sense to me ha ha.

A box of samples I want to give away to friends.

A box of Frederic Malle samples. Yes, he gets his own box! He has earned it!

I have a multi-container setup 😅

The first one is scents I know I like. The second is backups/extras of those. The third is scents I've tried once but need to test again...the maybes, if you will. And the fourth is the destash pile (which was recently cleaned out).The first two containers are just glass votive candle holders from Dollar TreeThe first two containers are just glass votive candle holders from Dollar Tree

I have a shoebox with untested scents, but I have more than enough in use right now that I'm not really interested in throwing more into the mix just yet lol

@jorindayo

35 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • IMG_0647.JPG
  • The first two containers are just glass votive candle holders from Dollar Tree
  • And yet, somehow, I know where everything is...
  • IMG_3608.jpg
testing