Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Fragrance Fans

Holiday perfumes โ„๏ธ๐Ÿ•ฏ๏ธ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŒŸ

Do you ever wear certain perfumes this time of year? For me it's Serge Luten's Fille en Aiguilles and Slumberhouse's Norne. People also associate CdG's original with Christmas but I wear it all year ๐Ÿ™‚

Re: Holiday perfumes โ„๏ธ๐Ÿ•ฏ๏ธ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŒŸ

I pick my perfume based on how I'm feeling that day.  I did add Maison Margiella By the Fireplace for now.  I can't imagine wearing that in the spring or summer.  I removed Tarte SweetTarte for the winter.  It's too sweet and summery (to me).

Living in Hawaii makes it so hard to wear warmer, spicier fragrances for some reason, but I did make the switch from Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Beach Walk 3.4 oz/ 100 mL eau de toilette sprayWalk tGUCCI - Bloom Acqua di Fiori Eau de Toilette For Herfor a bit of a change of pace. It is a little heavier in my opinion than Beach Walk, but still fresh enough for the warm climate I live in. 

@tchongI like the Acqua di Fiori flanker more than the original ๐Ÿ˜„

In the winter I tend to go for warmer and more gourmand scents. La Vie Est Belle, Black Opium, Nirvana Bourbon, Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere are some examples of things I reach for in the colder months. 

@alexasteph wrote:

In the winter I tend to go for warmer and more gourmand scents. La Vie Est Belle, Black Opium, Nirvana Bourbon, Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere are some examples of things I reach for in the colder months. 

I love Nirvana Bourbon and just got the Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere.  Also like Black Opium  but never tried La Vie Est Belle.   Sometimes things seem to not smell as good on me as I had hoped, like Black Opium.  But Bourbon always gets me compliments, especially when a dash of "By the Fireplace" is added.   My problem is I went perfume crazy this year. and too many of the scents do not suit me at all.   I really need to build a brick wall to bang my head against the next time I think, "Maybe I'll buy a bottle of that?"   ๐Ÿ˜‰

I don't. Not really. There are some that I prefer during the winter even though I am not "by the season wearer". But. Why am I even posting here then, right? My friend gifted me JM Velvet Rose and Oud recently. I hate to admit it, but I hated it at first. Ugh... But, as it usually is ( at least with me ), I kept trying it. And eventually it actually grew on me. Now I wear it every day. And quite enjoy it, too. It's so warm, cozy, and comforting. I don't know if it's because it is from her and therefore very dear to me. Or I genuinely grew to like it. But, who even cares, right? In any way, I think this one is quite unexpectedly gonna mark this holiday season for me. And I don't even mind. ๐Ÿ™‚

@pocketvenus

@lyravegaIt's always a special thing when you associate a scent with someone you care for โค๏ธ

Oh, and - SL's Fille en Aiguilles is sooo Christmasy alright! A true Christmas scent, if there ever was one! I don't enjoy it all that much, but it definitely evokes holidays and all that goes with them. I can almost hear jingle bells every time I smell it. ๐Ÿ˜›

@pocketvenus I am loving the JO MALONE LONDON - Wild Bluebell Cologne. I find it is really fresh during this time of the year when the smell of Christmas trees, baked goods, and cinnamon are all around. 

Best,
Rebecca 

Hi @pocketvenus,

I usually wear Dior J'adore Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mLon special occasions or out to dinner.  I'm still on a hunt to find a great everyday wear perfume.

Best,

Steph

@StephanieSBT I wear this one all year. It screams femininity to me! 

@StephanieSBT, do you have any notes preferences or a style/vibe you're looking for? We're always happy to make suggestions here ๐Ÿ™‚

I tend to choose my perfume depending on my mood for the day but I have been wearing more Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum 1.6 oz/ 50 mL

RE: Holiday perfumes โ„๏ธ๐Ÿ•ฏ๏ธ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŒŸ

La nuit tresor by Lancome has become my ultimate favourite โค๏ธ

I'm pretty sure the only perfume that graces my body from Nov - Feb is Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' By the Fireplace 3.4 oz/ 100 mL. It just smells so cozy and wintery ๐Ÿ™‚

@scott1201 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the only perfume that graces my body from Nov - Feb is Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' By the Fireplace 3.4 oz/ 100 mL. It just smells so cozy and wintery ๐Ÿ™‚

I usually mix that with Nirvana Bourbon  but tried it with Demeters Marshmallow and Montale's Chocolate Greedy and smelled like a s'more over a fire for as long as the Demeter lasted.   I think I have that Christmas one someone mentioned above.   I sorely need a house organizer.   All the Sephora one can carry in exchange..LOL!

SdL Fille en Aiguilles is mine! I also have a small spray of Guerlain Winter Delice that I pull out and use once in a while.

@lachatonooo I have to try Winter Delice!

I always wear the Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy fragrance during the winter/holiday months! I have received a few compliments when I wear it. I tend to gravitate more toward vanilla fragrances during the winter, normally I usually wear citrus/lighter fragrances.

https://www.sephora.com/product/viva-la-juicy-P219412?icid2=products%20grid:p219412:product

โค๏ธ Melissa

Even though Winter is the time of the year that most of my fragrances are perfect for, Herod by Parfums de Marley is perfect for the holidays. It is a sweetened cigar fragrance, though not as sweet as Pure Havane by Mugler. It has no honey notes,  and is instead sweetened with an osmanthus note.

Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 69 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
testing