Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrances you love for the summer

After a cool spring, Toronto seems to have become quite hot and humid over the weekend, so I thought it might be a good time to share some of my summer loves:

Frédéric Malle’s Vetiver Extraordinaire: Malle’s ozonic vetiver is so polished and sharp, one spritz is like a shining green blade slicing through the sultry summer heat. Its bright, exuberant opening settles down nicely, adding a woody depth that balances the scent’s clean edges.

4160 Tuesday’s Ealing Green: an uncomplicated, herbaceous delight. Dewy and fresh with an earthy hit of oakmoss. The fragrance is easy and carefree, but not in a youthful way. Decent longevity and very wearable.

L’Artisan Parfumeur’s Dzongkha: a polarizing, almost medicinal scent that’s filled out by iris, spices and incense. There’s a cool, if not dank feel to this fragrance, partly due to an unusual “papyrus” note. It’s like taking refuge from a burning sun in the shadows of a long-forgotten hideaway tucked beneath a stairwell in an east-facing tower of Gormenghast. Like Gormenghast itself, its bizarre appeal is not for everyone.

What are some of your summer favourites?

Re: Fragrances you love for the summer

I second Bobbi Brown's Beach. It's perfect, and I am obsessed with it.

RE: Fragrances you love for the summer

Bobby brown beach

I prefer fresh clean scents for summer, like L'eau d'Issey by Issey Miyake, but right now I'm wearing Festival Carioca by Escada. Fresh but a little on the sweet side, and it's not overpowering!

I'm partial to Bvlgari's Omnia Coral and JHAG's Anyway

Bvlgari Crystalline and Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue

I am obsessed with fresh/floral scents. My favorites:

- Dior Blooming Bouquet 

- Mark Jacob Mod Noir

- Estée Lauder Pleasure

Miss Dior Blooming Bouqet EDT - super fresh/floral/clean smell. Seriously I can wear it night and day it's just so refreshing feeling and I always get complements about it! Love it.

Re: RE: Fragrances you love for the summer

This is one of my favorite in Dior collection too!  😍 Love it

I'm starting to love TOCCA's Florence fragrance and Giulietta fragrance. Which one to choose?! They are both lovely. 

"Paradise" by Nest Fragrances: it smells like blood orange, and it's just so different from your traditional citrus scents.

"Wood Sage & Sea Salt" by Jo Malone: it's a grown up beachy fragrance that stays fresh rather than getting super floral or sweet like most other beachy fragrances. 

The Different Company's sel de vetiver is my summer obsession. smells fresh and slightly of salt!

http://www.luckyscent.com/product/25313/sel-de-vetiver-by-the-different-company

Vetiver and salt sounds really interesting and suitable for hot weather. There's something cleansing about both notes.

This summer I've liked wearing:

-Juicy Couture I Love Juicy Couture: It's sweet but floral and musky, not too heavy.

-Pinrose Wild Child: I really love this one, it may be one of my favorite white florals. 

-Atelier Cologne Clementine California: A nice citrus that isn't overwhelmingly sweet because the musk cuts it down. It's an update from Orange Sanguine I wore last summer. 

I live in one of those states (Michigan) where summer is pretty fleeting, so when It happens, I go all-in on refreshing and even slightly sweet citrus scents. Atelier's Cedrat Enivrant and Pomelo Paradis have been my usuals so far, but I am liking the California one. Clementine? When I'm feeling a more boho vibe, I reach for the Nasomatto Hindu Grass. Fresh and earthy (as in patchouli). I did also really like a sample of the Clean Santal I got in a recent Play! box. I'll be working that in, fer sher. 

I've been really loving the Philosophy Pure Grace Summer Surf Eau de Toilette. I think it's my favourite beachy scent that I've tried in recent memory-- I love the idea of a beach scent, but I don't like very many of them in execution. 

http://www.sephora.com/pure-grace-summer-surf-eau-de-toilette-P416736?skuId=1914654&icid2=products%2...

(P.S. Hello fellow Torontonian! @pocketvenus I think you may have jinxed us with this post since the past two days have been freezing. :P) 

@concreteroadsI know what you mean about beach scents - I find marine frags difficult as well. And now that you and others have revived this thread, it seems like Toronto is getting its first heat wave! My trigger finger on my fave summer scents has been at the ready!

My summer go-tos right now are Aerin Mediterranean Honeysuckle and Maison Margiela Beachwalk 🙂

@malday Where I live, temperatures can go to 30C+ in the summer down to <-30C in the winter, so I definitely distinguish between summer, winter and spring fragrances! Fall is a great mild season to wear whatever I feel like. Winter fragrances are definitely too heavy for summer here and the one time I wore a springy fragrance during winter, it was so sharp I couldn't wait to wash it off!

@k617 We don't have real seasons in SoCal 😂 We fluctuate between "mild" and "oh my god I'm on fire"

Jealous about the mild, not so much about the "I'm on fire"!

Personally, I have no concept of "summer fragrance" "winter fragrance" BUT, I do love L'eau d'Issey for something light and refreshing 

http://www.sephora.com/l-eau-d-issey-P6324

24 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • download (1).jpg
  • nd.24785.jpg
testing