Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

Fragrance you've bought (or not) because of a sample?

Which fragrances have you bought or want to buy and/or or not bought because of a sample you received?

Would buy:

• Dolce & Gabbana - The One. Got this recently as a sample and love it. Really good staying power but not an overpowering scent. 
  • Dolce & Gabbana - Intense.
  • Guerlain - La Petite Robe Noire.
  • Dior - like pretty much all of them.

Won't buy:

• Escada - Especailly Escada. Didn't like it on me.
  • Marc Jacobs - all of them. I like most of them but they do not last on me. I really liked Dot and Daisy but they just don't last at all. 
  • Atelier Colgne - Orange Sanguine. I liked the orange scent of it in the bottle but on me it smells like potpourri
  • Prada - Prada Candy. Loved it but it doesn't last on me.
  • Clean - all of them. Smell too much like household products to me.
  • Marchesa - Marchesa Parfum D'Extase. Didn't like it on me. 

Re: Fragrance you've bought (or not) because of a sample?

Nooo, it smells like coffee and leather and wonderful things! I love that scent, haha.

coffee and leather!? Now I have to try this.

For me it's Gucci Guilty Premiere. Love at first spray!

<3 Melissa

I bought Lancome La Vie Est Belle & Flowerbomb; still love them to this day!

You should try Prada Candy L'eau.  It oddly lasts a lot longer than the regular Prada Candy on me.

How does the Guerlain smell to you?  I was soooo sad because that's one of the samples I ordered and didn't receive and I really wanted that one :-(

Bought:

Prada Candy L'eau

Marc Jacobs Honey

Want to Buy:

Hanae Mori Butterfly

Cherry in the Air

Dior Addict Eau Delice.

It was the mini that hooked me!

The first perfume I ever bought was DKNY Golden Delicious, and it was because of a paper sample.

Other samples have turned me off Light Blue and Marc Jacobs Dot.

I will absoloutely buy ATlier orange sanguine absolue, I could take a bath in it!! On the other hand I got got samples of la vie est belle and l'artisan perfumer Nuit de tuberose and would never purchase those. I know many love them but neither was for me! I am thankful for the chance try so many awesome scents before I buy!

I bought DKNY be delicious because of a sample. I can't remember all the ones I got and didn't like. I know I didn't like the Marc Jacobs sample and one called millionaire boyfriend (so bad) or something.

The millionaire one smelled like an old lady at the drug store Smiley Sad

I remember when the DKNY fragranc samplers came in the 4-packs..the green was yummy

i love the dkny be delicious!  

I recently bought an atomizer, just so I can combine perfume samples into a larger bottle. (I have about 5-10 of a lot of them since the vib sale)

Bought from sample introduction:
Chloe: L'Eau de Chloé (one of my 3 staples now)

Chloe: Chloé Eau de Parfum

Viktor & Rolf: Flowerbomb
Hello Kitty: Hello Kitty Fragrance (SO! CUTE! AND! YUMMY!)

Considering buying based on samples:

Honey

Miss Dior

Downtown

TokyoMilk Dark: Tainted Love No.62 (I love a lot of Tokyomilk scents but only this from the TM Dark collection)

Yellow Diamond

Will not buy:

Daisy

Dot

Poppy

Cherry (I don't know why but no matter where I smelt it, the scent was off and made me nauseous)

I want to say that I received a perfume sample from Sephora, and I ended up getting a terrible allergic reaction and had to go to the doctors to get a cream. They took down my review for some reason. That's all I basically said, but I thought it was strange they would leave that out.

I got Ralph Lauren Romance and Marc Jacobs Daisy.

I wanted to get Little black dress from Guerlain (i think thats the brand), but after smelling the sample, I completely changed my mind lol.

The Clean fragrance that was in the Holly Jolly Blitz bag smells almost identical to this Scrubbing Bubbles cleanser I use in my bathroom...which smells so good for a bathroom cleanser but it's not what I want to smell like Smiley Wink

A fragrance that I bought after loving the sample was LaVanilla Healthy Grapefruit.

Have Bought / Would Buy:

Tom Ford Oud Wood -- so pricey, but it lasts for ages because it's so strong. I also like Tobacco Vanille, but not as much. 

Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien 

Miss Dior Cherie 

Jo Malone Nectarine & Honey Blossom

Won't Buy:

I really don't like most fragrances, actually; I'm really sensitive to them, and most give me a headache! The worst for me was the original Dior Addict (the combination of vanilla + tonka bean + amber = migraine city for me). I don't really like anything too cloying or too overpoweringly floral. 

I would totally buy Tocca's Giulietta - love the fresh scent. I'm also interested in Cleopatra because of the lotion sample from Sephora.

Love both of those Tocca's!!!

I bought Aquolina Pink Sugar and Prada Candy both after getting samples.  Yum!

This is a great thread for me. A while back I realized I just don't use most of the little samples I get, I ended up giving my entire stash away. At the same time, I had gone into the store a few times in search of fragrances and nearly got sick from the smells, I am super sensitive to scents. I had pretty much given up, then decided what the heck, I'll get samples of fragrances I've never even heard of and keep them in a bowl in the bathroom, try them and give them up if I don't like them.

But mostly I've found scents I LOVE. 

Hannae Mori HM for men (got the full size for myself)

Coach Poppy (then got the 250 point mini)

Jimmy Choo Flash (just got the 3 oz)

I kind of liked Marc Jacobs Honey but not as much as many others. Coach Poppy Flower not so much.

I didn't like Prada Candy at all.

I'm SO sensitive to scents too, so i totally understand. I give most of my fragrance samples away! And now I generally don't even like mainstream perfume brands. I can only handle the pricier brands which makes me happy but my wallet sad lol 

Conversation Stats