Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@OlfactoryObsess  it's a tricky choice, they both sound good to me (I like lychee scents too, I do like Delina). I am tempted to just go ahead and get both so I can compare them! We will see if I can manage to talk myself down to just one or the other lol.

I’m in the same predicament! Might depend on how much I get in Sephora gc for xmas 🤣

How does Ellis Brooklyn Salt compare to Jo Malone Sea Salt? Thanks! 🤗

I’d say that Ellis Brooklyn has more of a beachy vibe and the salt notes are more pronounced. Both would make good skin scents or base scents for layering but Ellis Brooklyn has more projection at the top then fades away and Jo Malone has better longevity but not a ton of projection.

Thank you! 🤗

Holiday candles are getting more popular with each year! To me the two classics will always be from Diptyque and Cire Trudon. 

Diptyque's set always has a conifer, an amber or spicy gourmand and a "cleanish" scent. This year the blue candle is "Coton."

4832036.jpg_width=400&404=product

Trudon has a new addition this year, Altair, a rose oud in addition to Fir (conifer), Gloria (spicy woods) and Gabriel (smoky).

trudon_-_holiday_collection_-_family_green_800x

Other brands that are offering holiday candles are

• Acqua di Parma's Bosco: Pine, Eucalyptus, Cedarwood
  • Byredo's Symphonique: anise, bitter orange, ginger, beeswax, clove, cedar, bran
  • D&S Durga's Portable Xmas Tree: Spruce, Fir, Pine
  • D&S Durga's Chanukah in the Desert: cypress, balm of Gilead, desert juniper, saffron, amber
  • Maison Francis Kurkdjian's Mon Beau Sapin: conifers
  • Penhaligon's Anbar Stone: tonka, amber

@pocketvenus, I picked up Trudon Gloria and Gabriel. 😍 Altair and Fir smell lovely too. I haven’t decided if I’ll go back to get them. The other two were not planned.  I was in a store and there they were … 😆 

@itsfi veni vidi vici!!! 😂 I hope you enjoy them <333

😂🤣😂 @pocketvenus, if you asked my wallet, we were actually the ones that were conquered. 😝 There were a lot of goodies in that store! 🛍️ 

@itsfi 😂 LOLOL!!!

I noticed my The Maker discovery set is evaporating in their bottles. This was already a set I was a bit regretful about purchasing. I have been revisiting this purchase so it doesn't just waste away. I'm not sure why, these perfumes don't bring me much joy. Most of them are tedious. There were a couple that I found interesting or liked but now that they've aged they've become very similar in their drydown. Very cologne-y like the drydown of a man's fragrance. Is the typical mens drydown musk? Wood? Dusty, dry wood maybe? To varying degrees that's the base of this set. These seem like the top and midnotes and some base notes have been evaporating but the very base is still the same and thus more noticable. Maybe the ones I felt were too one note will be more interesting now. Haha At one point I had considered purchasing Wild but now that I believe this will degrade before I can use it all then this isn't as much of a consideration.

Thanks for sharing, @Margalee !  

@Margalee 😬 that's not good. Thanks for the warning, I have the set I haven't touched yet.

I got to smell the Donna Karan Orchard St. I was *this* close to blind buying. So glad I didn't. The opening is amazing. Appley, fresh, carefree and then IMO that same sickly style of amber or what not that Eilish no1 has in it. Totally destroyed the fragrance for me. I might test it sans perfume anywhere on my body bc I like the opening so much and really thought this would be a winner. If you like Eilish no 1 and wish it were less heavy in the sweetness of the amber and like fruit then you might actually really like Orchard St. The appley goodness lasted oh, about a mere 10 minutes for me.

The number of times I’ve had a great fragrance destroyed by sickly sweet amber 😭 Skylar is particularly bad for adding that to like half of their perfumes 

I recently bought the Kayali discovery scent and I really loved the Vanilla 28. It's such a deep and mature, but not old, vanilla. I also liked the Eden Juicy Apple, but thought that one was very subtle, especially compared to the vanilla. The others I wasn't the biggest fan of personally. 

A sample I got recently that I really enjoyed was the Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giola. It's such a bright, fresh, scent. 

I just got my hands on KAYALI YUM PISTACHIO GELATO | 33 Eau de Parfum Intense Travel Spray .33 oz / 10 mL eau de parfum spr... and it is so....deeply interesting! It was completely different from what I expected, and I know I'm not alone in this experience lol. It's different but in a good way. To me it's not sugary or sweet, but it is boozy and nutty and warm, with top notes of whipped cream and marshmallow that quickly dissipate. I think I expected something intensely sweet, and this isn't that. 

The best discovery, however, was layering it with Sol de Janeiro Cheirosa 62 Perfume Mist (for some reason the tag won't bring up this product). The pistachio note really comes out this way, and the whole things is sweet and boozy all at once. It gorgeous and intense. Also, the Kayali bottle is BEAUTIFUL!

@thelastrecluse Good to know. I've been interested in Kayali Yum Pistachio and the Intense for awhile. You might have enabled me on this one! Heh heh

@Margalee Happy to help! 😂

@thelastrecluse LOVE this scent, had to have it in a full size from first scent. It reminds me of almost a whipped pistachio topped key lime pie but in the best possible way. Such a unique perfume.

@QueenMarceline Whipped pistachio on key lime pie sounds AMAZING!!😍

4,248 Replies
testing