Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Neela Vermeire is coming out with three new scents. I quite like this house, which originally commissioned Duchaufour for its scents, some of which are stunning.

bottle-gragments-thyina_1200x

Thyina: lavender, pimento, violet, tolu balsam, birch tar, coffee, Peru balsam, sandalwood, styrax, hazelnut, amyris

By Fabrice Olivieri.

Nemus: geranium, lemon, bergamot, cypriol, cedar, ginger, clary sage, patchouli, agarwood, ambergris, tea, olibanum.

By Bernard Duchaufour who is famous for his spicy, Asian-influenced scents.

Perpereum: rum, coffee, tonka bean, cacao, tobacco, leather, fig, magnolia, labdanum, licorice, myrrh, pepper, immortelle.

By Cristiano Canali who did Zoologist's Bee

These sound really good, especially Nemus, but I'm not a fan of the bottles. They're kind of cheap looking?

@pocketvenus Yeah they look not fitting. I don't like the sounds of any of those lol. 

Another disaster ha! Had I actually looked at the notes before hand I would not have even bothered. Of course the three things I can smell are 4 of my least favorite notes (at least 2 are my top top least favorite notes EVER). 

Atelier Emeraude Agar- 

1. Top Notes

• Bergamot
    • Angelica
    • Black Pepper
  2. Heart Notes

• Geranium
    • Rose
    • Eucalyptus
  3. Base Notes

• Oud
    • Sandalwood
    • Guaic Wood

06_EMERAUDE-AGAR_EN.jpg

Oh, no, @Samtian ! 😱  I'm sorry to hear this one didn't even come close to working out, especially since it's from Atelier Cologne. 

@Titian06 Thanks. I really should have looked at the notes lol. 

Mmm. After the disaster that was yesterday I am very very very happy with today's sample. Looking at the notes I probably would not have picked this up, too many chances of only smelling the bad ones haha. I honestly don't know what two of them are, but I only like 3 notes listed. Thankfully for me all I smell is a delicious vanilla creamy lemon smell. Almost like a creamy lemon meringue pie. mmm. Going on 6 hours of wear time. 

Kismet by Lubin. Notes-Bergamot, lemon, petitgrain, Rose Centifolia, Bulgarian rose, patchouli, labdanum cistus, opoponax, vanilla.

41R7vef2UqL._SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,BottomLeft,0,35_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255,255,255.png

@Samtian, this sounds like a wonderful combination of scents! 😍 

@itsfi I liked it! 

@Samtian - I'm glad this one worked for you! 🥳

@Titian06 Thank you, me too!!!

Oh my gosh this is so horrible I can't stand it. Just nope nope nope. The lavender and amber and probably something else are all I can smell. 

Bass Solo by The Vagabond Prince.

Bass-box-md.jpg

Bass Solo Fragrance Notes

Saffron, ginger, lime, cardamom, lavender, Moroccan cedar, Virginia cedar, fig milk, birch tar, sandalwood, amber, driftwood, wenge accord, musk, oppoponax, amyris, patchouli

Ha! I love this one! It's such a beautiful and elegant symphony of wood on my skin. Opening is a bit "in your face" ( but it doesn't bother me. Love that, too. ) But it settles into an absolute beaut.

@RavenR I'm glad it works with your skin!

Great to know, @RavenR ! 🙂

@Samtian - Reading the notes, it sounds like it would be spicy and heavy.  Regardless, I can see why you wouldn't like this. 😝

Edit:  I do like the bottle--sleek and contemporary! 🙂

@Titian06 The bottle is gorgeous! All their bottles are. 

jarden.jpg

Jardin du Poete. It started off very sharp and strong. It's pleasant enough for me. I'm having a really hard time trying to describe it or what notes stand out. I've worn it two days in a row with no success. 

The inspiration for this fragrance is a tale from a bygone era, when nations were ruled by poets, and poets were sacred to Apollo. In those days Sicily was a Greek colony, Syracuse was a fragrant court, and its gardens vibrated with the scent of citrus orchards and rows of aromatic plants. Thus Jardin du Poete, the poet's garden, a luminous fragrance to evoke Sicily and all things Sicilian.

NOTES

Top | Bitter Orange, Grapefruit, Basil

Middle | Angelica, Helicrysum, Pink Pepper

Base | Cypress, Vetiver, Musk

@Samtian - This scent has nice sounding notes...maybe citrusy, greeny, woody? 😄

@Titian06 haha yeah definitely!

Olfactive Studio- Panorama. I really like how all their scents are photography based. Looking at the notes I'm wondering why I had this one my wishlist. It's 50/50 with notes I love and notes I really dislike. This was included in the sampler pack so I'm glad I didn't actually order more at any time. I can smell the myrrh, fir balsam, and patchouli...the three worst notes I want to smell lol. 

Not My ImageNot My Image

Top Notes-
wasabi 
fig leaf 
bamboo leaf 
bergamot 
lemon

Heart Notes-
cut grass 
violet leaf 
galbanum 
cardamom

Base Notes-
myrrh 
fir balm 
patchouli 
tonka bean 
vanilla 
musk 
labdanum

@Samtian Sephora used to carry this house! 🙂 Loving all your reviews!!

4,247 Replies
testing