Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

I need to try that, sounds right up my alley 😊

I can't believe I'm actually considering a true coconut perfume. I tested Nest Balinese Coconut. It's super low key. I think definite skin scent with a few dabs. Seemed like it lasted for hours and when catching whiffs of it, it is very relaxing for me. I could imagine a Bali vacation. The coconut is there but more like it's on a summer breeze with the surrounding flowers. Maybe like a resort. Seems everything is relaxed. I didn't get the whole sunscreen vibe. Just outdoors but your having a drink on a veranda and the plant life is a small distance and the scents are blowing in on the wind and lingering. I wasn't sure I'd like this but then again I like much of what Nest offers.

This one does smell so lovely, I agree with you @Margalee. It’s sitting in my loves list, I tested in store and it didn’t last all that long on me, about 5-6 hours which was outlasted by Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Beach Walk and TOM FORD Soleil Blanc Eau de Parfum Fragrance but I really loved how creamy and tropical the #NEST New York Balinese Coconut Perfume Oil 1 oz / 30 mL perfume oil is. I think it’s worth having in your collection, that or the TOM FORD Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil ☀️🥥

@Margalee That description is very tempting. I'm with @Titian06 on coconuts. 

I love your very thoughtful and detailed review, @Margalee ! 💞  I try to avoid coconut (smells or food), but this perfume sounds lovely! 🥰  I may give this one a try.

So I sampled Replica's on a Date on it's own a couple times and layered with TF Ebene Fume once. This fragrance I smelled in store and was like yes, yes, yes! It was a bit strong so I decided to not purchase right off. I do like it with TF Ebene Fume (turned Ebene Fume into a spicy floral) but on it's own it is very churchy floral and strong to start. Nearly overwhelming. It does dry down fairly quickly and does not last more than three or four hours on me. I do wish it was dialed back in the beginning and that it lasted longer. Even when layered it doesn't last. Also the second time I sampled On a Date without layering it was straight on bug spray scent. Not sure what changed but I have a few more sprays and if the next ones are bug spray scent this won't be on my shelf for layering.

Smelled it yesterday - it’s a no for me

@Margalee The pairing sounds good. I didn't like the notes for this one to begin with. Bug spray yuck. 

Thanks for sharing, @Margalee !  I forgot to sample this one last I was at Sephora.

Hey fragrance lovers! I need some help scoping out a fragrance similar to TOM FORD Soleil Blanc Eau de Parfum Fragrance ☀️ this is one of my favourite warm weather scents; it’s just fun, playful, warm and always brings back memories of seashell hunting on the Florida beaches in the early 90’s on vacation. 🏖

The price point is just too high but I want something similar that captures that same sunny beach smell. I know I’ve tried similar scenes but I’m drawing a blank! Thanks for any suggestions!! 

As an aside, how is the TOM FORD Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil for those who have tired it? Does the smell last? Does it feel nice on the skin? 

thank you so much! 🌞 

IMG_7833.jpeg

Hi lovely🤗🤗

have you considered Macy’s .33oz?  That’s the one I purchased for $70 & it’s well worth it.  Give it a go & let us know how it worked out for you😇

@NikaB1023 I love the way you’re thinking but I don’t have Macy’s in Canada 🥲 

the TOM FORD Mini Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil 1.5 oz/ 45 mL is a super reasonable price so I grabbed that; the smell is amazing and the oil will be perfect for achieving smooth skin for summer ☀️🏖

@elise222 Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Beach Walk is a long time favourite, it hits those creamy coconut 🥥 notes just right, has a moderate sillage and I find on me it lasts a long time! I think that’s the one I’ll order now that I have the TOM FORD Mini Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil 1.5 oz/ 45 mL (which also has such a creamy, rich Sunshine Coast scent to it). 

I also really enjoyed the The 7 Virtues Coconut Sun Eau de Parfum Travel Spray 0.34 oz / 10 ml eau de parfum spray; I found it opened with more of a floral scent and coconut swimming in the middle. It was lovely but something about a really apparent coconut note really makes me feel summer ready! ☀️ 🏖

I completely agree! I was perusing around sephora the other day and smelled the Sol de Janeiro Rio Radiance Illuminating Body Cream 8.1 oz / 240 mL and was instantly transported to summer!

Hi @bakeamuffin! I'll need to into my scent closet to check some things and I will come back and share some thoughts a bit later today - I have some thoughts but better refresh my scent memory before commenting, lol. 

@sister13 👀 how did you like the Sol de Janeiro Rio Radiance Illuminating Body Cream 8.1 oz / 240 mL ? 🥥 I’m curious about the fragrance and texture of this one! 

Hi @bakeamuffin , okay sorry for the delay! I know I had a sample of Soleil Blanc but of course, I couldn’t find it! I do have the TOM FORD Mini Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil 1.5 oz/ 45 mL , so I did some comparisons to that. 

I found Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Beach Walk was the closest of my beachy scents. Lys 41 from Le Labo was close-ish, but way more floral (and doesn’t save much on price!)

Aloha Tiare from Comptoir Sud Pacifique is also more floral (Tiare, which I think is absent from Soleil Blanc), but oh so lovely.

I tried Guerlain Terracotta, too, but that one is creamier and a little more coconut.

I was originally thinking of Acqua Neroli from CLEAN (I had deleted the tag but it still showed up in my original reply, haha) but, when I tried that one has a very sharp, acidic neroli that doesn’t match Soleil Blanc.

One that I never purchased and haven’t tried in a while is Bobbi Brown Beach Fragrance 1.7 oz/ 50 mL but I recall that being VERY sunscreeny and a little more aquatic. 

I haven’t tried Solar Bloom but can’t wait to try that one.

Not sure how helpful this was, it’s always so remarkable how different fragrances worth the same notes can be! Definitely let me know what you decide! 

932947FA-BE79-4DAD-8903-3E958B802C4E.jpeg

@sister13 I decided to order the TOM FORD Mini Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil 1.5 oz/ 45 mL, overall I loved how it applied an smelled in store and really wanted a yummy smelling body oil for spring/summer. 

I am pretty sure I’m also going to order the NEST New York Balinese Coconut Perfume Oil Rollerball 0.20 oz / 6 mL Perfume Oil Rollerball perfume...  because it smells so creamy and tropical. I think the scent of this and the TF will layer so beautifully together for a beachy summer smell. 

thanks again for your help @sister13 ☺️

@bakeamuffin ! That oil is really lovely, and I think it’s a great option for summer on its own and will tide you over and you can decide about getting the EDP down the road! Enjoy!!!

Thank you @sister13 ! I recall trying the CLEAN RESERVE Reserve - Solar Bloom Travel Spray .34oz/10mL and thought it was beachy and summery. 

I think that the Ellis Brooklyn SALT Eau de Parfum Travel Spray 0.34 oz/ 10 mL might be a winner too but it’s been a while since I smelled that one or the SKYLAR Coconut Cove Eau de Parfum Rollerball 0.33 oz/ 10 mL Eau de Parfum Rollerball 🧐 

At least not seems like I have some fun summer scent options to try! Let me know if you think of any others please 🙏🏻 

4,247 Replies
testing