Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

No I haven't, @Samtian .

boy-smells-farm-to-candle-collection-scented-coconut-beeswax-blend-candles-group-lifestyle_bcef8cba-3ebf-42ce-bc8d-0bb5200f14ce

Three new LE candles from Boy Smells make up its Farm to Candle collection. They sound amazing.

Snap

Green bell pepper snaps. Green bell pepper is king. Crisp and slightly sweet, the robust aroma literally snaps of earthy accords. Dried cut vetiver and petitgrain kick, but never overpower the fruit's natural sweetness, married with garden tuberose and hyacinth. It's a pleasant shock to the senses. Notes of: Petitgrain, Green Bell Pepper, Coriander, Hyacinth, Tuberose, Violet Leaves, Cedar, Vetiver and Leather.

Rinder

A cool hit of mouthwatering melon. Rinder is a spontaneous date with earthly delights. This lush crush of juicy watermelon has a dark personality of spicy patchouli, fancy orris and cedar. Sweet enough to introduce to mom, but complex enough to keep you coming back. Notes of: Carrot, Casaba Nectar, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Watermelon Rind, Violet, Galbanum, Orris, Cedar, Patchouli and Amber.

Herbaceous

Fresh, wet waves of tingling herbs. Calling all far out foragers! Wet, wild and spicy, basil leaf and peppery mint are undercut by tall grass and stimulating eucalyptus. Stemmy ginger root gets tossed in for some added adventure. Notes of Basil, Ginger, Mint, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Waterlily, Ambroxan, Wet Grass and White Woods.

test

@pocketvenus   Well now you've done it...given me a whole new line of scented candles to start trying out...! LOL. Seriously, those sound amazing.

I recently tried KAYALI YUM PISTACHIO GELATO 33 EDP INTENSE in store and I am obsessed. Lovely sweet scent that is very satisfying for anyone with a sweet tooth.  Plus the fragrance lasts all day.  

Well, I was looking forward to trying Versace Purple more than an in store shot. I really was thrilled with the scent. Glad I got to try it more with a dabber because as much as I thought it was my imagination that my nose got stuffy when I wear it, now I believe it enough to choose a different perfume. Bah. But Nest Balinese Coconut is divine. Very strange because Versace Turquoise does not make me stuffy. And the dabber deluxe samplefor Purple is more like a floral perfume than the in store tester which was like a fruity and floral perfume with body spray intensity.

Sorry you didn't like Versace. You mention your nose felt stuffy after wearing it? Possible that your Allergic to one of the notes. Jasmin does that to me. 

@Margalee - I'm sorry Purple didn't work out for you.  Maybe look at the actual ingredients (not the notes).  Compare to others you have to see if you can spot the possible offender(s).  Of course it may have been an anomaly too.  

I am definitely going to have to check out Nest Balinese Coconut.

louis-vuitton-pacific-chill-1

LV is launching a unisex fragrance, Pacific Chill - “One morning in Los Angeles, while I was chatting with Alex Israel, we both ordered one of those detoxifying smoothies that Californians love. I was inspired by the vitamin-packed juice and said to Alex, 'I'm going to create a detox Cologne!' I tried to transcribe, through emotion, the well-being effects of that fruity blend. Blackcurrant has a truly interesting temperament. It's vibrant, fruity, almost like a raspberry but lighter, and it's also a concentrate of leaves held aloft by notes of cedrat and lemon. Blackcurrant's character is fickle, which I amplified with a blend of coriander and ambrette seeds, basil, peppermint and orange essence. Hence the lightning start, like the sensation of foliage brushing against the skin. From the carrot seed I extracted an essence developed in Grasse. That essence of carrot tempers the impact of the blackcurrant's green tones, which are as frontal as a painting by Gauguin. The carrot has an iridescence, with creamy, velvety accents of apricot, date and fig. It brings a lot of depth; it lends structure. A hint of May Rose offers floral sweetness and seals the alliance.”

I wonder if this one is a little different than the rest of the line which is fairly conservative.

New one from Kurkdjian

maison-francis-kurkdjian-acqua-media

Evoking both water and light, green is the middle color of the rainbow prism and reflects balance in motion. It is embodied in the vibrant freshness of Aqua Media Cologne forte, featuring bergamot from Calabria, verbena, sweet fennel, hedione, and a woody musk accord.

Skylar Peach Fields is a light and of course peachy fragrance. It lasts only about three hours on me and I need to reapply. I am taking a liking to the brand. I doubt I'll buy this one since I like Daisy Oh So Fresh Daze so much and Jimmy Choo I Want Choo. I do like the hypoallergenic etc that Skylar is made for. I am very interested in the new Skylar Boardwalk.

I didn't know Skylar had a peach scent, @Margalee !  I will have to check this one out! 🍑🍑🍑

Does anyone else think Eilish #2 smells similar to Mugler Nova?

I've tried Valentino Donna Coral Fantasy a couple times. I really enjoy the opening. Fruity, super sweet, slightly "aquatic". It reminds me of Armani My Way in the "aquatic" sense. This passes far too quickly and then it seems to nearly disappear for hours and then what I'm guessing is the ambrette (tangy and somewhat intense) shows up to make Coral Fantasy long lasting. Someone on reviews said it's not too grandma-ish but the base of the fragrance (tangy and somewhat intense part) reminds me of what my great grandmother wore when I was a kid. So that was a bit humorous. Coral Fantasy is a lovely fragrance but I'll sample it again to see if I'll purchase a bottle of it.

@Margalee That one sounds interesting. 

I'm obsessed with the BURBERRY Her Eau de Parfum it smells super similar to the Baccarat Rouge 540. I got compliments on the fragrance all the time.

Does it? I have always wanted to try 540 but if course it's out of my price range but I did just get Burberry Her. I've tried it once on my skin but I couldn't handle it. I do want to give it another chance because I tend to go back and forth on some fragrances. One day I like it and the next it doesn't smell the same? Anyone else like that? Or is it a me thing? Lol

Lol yeah I totally get that! It could be inaccurate info....but I read that the guy from baccarat rouge collabed on the burberry her smell and so it's similar vibe 🤷‍♀️

No, it doesn’t. I own both MFK Baccarat 540 and Burberry Her and I don’t feel like they are similar at all.

I am so in love with Ellis Brooklyn Myth! It's got that light white musk scent that literally is good for any occasion. Super feminine, not too flowery. Ellis Brooklyn MYTH Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray 

@cdnlass It sounds like a great fragrance, Ellis Brooklyn has really great fragrances. 

4,247 Replies
testing