Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@TriesToBoClassy the McQueen EdP as a sample? I'm curious how it is similar to Orchid Soleil. Is it the white floral? Or the nuttiness?

@Libellules yes Saks online is offering one with any beauty purchase 😄

There is a spicy, nutty creaminess at the beginning of McQueen that immediately reminded me of Orchid Soleil. I sprayed both on my wrists last evening, and they are very different though. The McQueen's creaminess is light and fleeting, while the Orchid Soleil unleashes its nuttiness like there's no tomorrow. 

Ah thank you @TriesToBoClassy! Hmm...I'm curious. If I can think of something I "need" from saks (har har), I'll have to try it! Personally, I wish orchid soleil was more spicy/nutty, based on last year's shimmering oil. But alas - I'll keep searching 😉

McQueen is quite sheer and mostly floral in the drydown, so it is unlikely to satisfy your hankering for spicy/nutty scents. It is still really pretty!

on the other hand, @Libellules and @TriesToBoClassy, the McQueen Parfum definitely has a spicy component. Sounds to me the McQueen Parfum and EdP are different enough to be worth sampling side by side. Hope I or someone can do this soon and give feedback. 🙂

I really liked the McQueen edp, but I found it too different from Orchid Soleil. The first is a more "fresh" jasmine and tuberose (at least on me), while the second is very warm and spicy.

Yes the McQueen is definitely fresher, if still a little spicy/creamy. I dislike the Orchid line because i find its heavily honeyed creaminess nauseating. So far I like the McQueen. It is complex without being a jumbled mess. I will have to try it a few more times to see if it grows on me 🙂

image.png

My holiday Saks catalog had samples of all three in peel off foils, and while all three are very well made, I am crazy for Trouble in Heaven! It is right up my alley, and I've already put it on my Chrixtmas wish list. Just hoping that Barneys carries it so my hubby can work with Xiomara, the nicest SA I've ever been introduced to by the lovely ladies of BT!

These bottles are pretty cool. I went over to the Louboutin website to read all about who designed and made the bottles, and how they were made.  I am curious to know what people think of the scents. 🙂

*goes to read story*

🙂

here's a cut-n--paste from the Louboutin website about the bottles:

"Christian Louboutin fragrance bottles are objets d’art that are both tactile and hypnotically visual. Glass undulates and wraps the bottles form to capture light, play with transparency and reveal the intense colours associated with each individual fragrance.

Christian worked with Heatherwick Studio to create a serie of bottles that are innovative and ambitious in their design and manufacturing process. Heatherwick Studio designs globally important projects, including the Olympic cauldron for the London 2012 Olympics, The Hive, a corner-less university building in Singapore; and Zeitz MOCAA, a museum in Cape Town, South Africa that gives new purpose to a disused grain silo.

The design concept for the bottles was based on the idea of folding surfaces, manipulating and twisting glass to create a dynamic and harmonious flow. The bottle is made from glass with a central aperture, which makes a loop of the fragrance. Christian wanted somehow to create a flow of fragrance within the bottles as he is fascinated by the idea that “liquid is alive”, meaning that the liquid has movement and life within the bottle."

fragrance-obj-01.jpgfragrance-obj-02.jpg

Oh happy day, just won an Ebay auction for two Jo Malone 30ml perfumes for $64.99: Lime Basil Mandarin and Gardenia! I already have a Lime Basil Mandarin but heck, backups never hurt anybody! Now to stalk eBay for Orange and Bitter Chocolate to make an appearance at a reasonable price.

That sounds like a fantastic deal, congratulations! The reviews of Vintage Gardenia piqued my interest but the ebay prices are $$$$$$ lol.

Looook. I waaaaant this.

Screenshot_2016-09-06-21-11-20.png

*I see that the reviews for this line are mixed, which is disappointing. This set is so pretty though 🙂 Hopefully The Perfumed Court, LuckyScent etc will pffer samplers soon.

Oh this is so adorable. Wish the scents had better reviews!

My goodness do I want this. I see that it says call for availability, so I guess it sold out? 😞

Hi everyone!  Are there any promo codes floating around for a % off at Surrender to Chance, The Perfumed Court, or any similar websites?  

@mw23 the only active one I have for STC right now is Guerlain55 which will get you 55% off whatever remaining Guerlain decants they have.

They usually send out an email every month with a 5% off and 8% off code too, but they haven't sent it for September yet.

Thanks @Mochapj.  That's what I thought.  I was hoping they'd do a Labor Day sale...

Byredo scents are all over Instagram. I am getting really curious!

Anyone had any experience with the brand?

Your favs?

4,241 Replies
testing